Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2016, 12:35 PM

Default Turners did it again

I went to the new Lake Forest location today, about 11:30am. No one was in the store. They told me it would take 1-2 hours for a PPT. I have dont many PPT's in the past, and they take no more than 20 mins. I stopped going to Turners, because of the bad customer service. I thought that LF would be better. I guess not. Last time I go.
Old 08-05-2016, 1:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

odd, I use corona and they usually have me in and out in about 30 to 45 max.

Maybe they didn't have a manager to review to paperwork.

Or too busy making **Will be Banned 2017** Signs
Old 08-05-2016, 1:31 PM

LOL....maybe
Old 08-05-2016, 2:22 PM
nulla lex prohibet
CGN Contributor

Turners Lake Forest? You should have went to OC Armory, PPT's run about 10 minutes tops with nice friendly knowledgeable people, what more could you ask for?
I was just pickin up my Spikes Crusader at OC Armory the other day and lo and behold they had a Dan Wesson C-BOB just sitting there..well they HAD one sitting there. I'm picking it up next tues Both the Spikes and the C-BOB were sold to me at unbeatable prices, and that's why you have working relationships with the local guys. Turners burned me time wise (1 1/2hrs PPT and 2hrs on pickup) on a PPT a long time ago and that was that, my time is worth money and I don't mean that in a smart arse way, it's just a fact. We only have so much time in our lives and I choose not to waste 3 1/2 hours of it doing government paperwork if I can go somewhere and accomplish the same thing in 15-20 minutes.

Last edited by psssniper; 08-05-2016 at 2:36 PM..
Old 08-05-2016, 2:24 PM

I will never do one at Turners again. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2016, 9:29 PM

My experiences at Turners (San Bernardino) have generally been good or great. And I have never been to Turners when the store was empty.

Oh yeah, at San Bernardino, I wait my turn until David is available....he knows customer service and his product line.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:35 PM

1 to 2 hours and a brand new store? Get it together Turners. Maybe they went through layoffs because I haven't seen a post from them in a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmantis View Post
I went to the new Lake Forest location today, about 11:30am. No one was in the store. They told me it would take 1-2 hours for a PPT. I have dont many PPT's in the past, and they take no more than 20 mins. I stopped going to Turners, because of the bad customer service. I thought that LF would be better. I guess not. Last time I go.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Just wait until January when it will take 2 hours to buy a box of ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:32 AM

I was at the Corona store today for a PPT and the employee up front warned me it could take an hour.

Manager came to check the gun in, said he didn't want us to wait that long, and the manager did the PPT immediately by himself It is not the first time people at Turner's have gone above and beyond for me.

I don't know what people expect from going to the busiest shops around for a walk-in PPT. What especially kills me is that people still whine about it during panic buys and on weekends. You are going to walk in on a Sunday when most other shops are closed and expect them to materialize some employees who don't exist to do your paperwork? Give me a break.
Old 08-07-2016, 9:53 AM

Turners wait times and staff at the gun counter are a joke, especially at the Chino Hills location.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous216 View Post
1 to 2 hours and a brand new store? Get it together Turners. Maybe they went through layoffs because I haven't seen a post from them in a minute.
They seemed to have abandoned the subforum. I wonder if they are still paying the fees to be a vendor on CGN. They haven't logged in or responded in months.

As for PPT waits if they didn't add so much non governmental required forms it would probably speed things up. Some CGNers have had experiences also where managers tried to do what they could to prevent you from doing a PPT.

Chino Hills seemed to be a hotspot for that. Or a tactic that seemed to be common in the past was claiming the DROS system is down. Which would mean it is down for all gun transactions not just PPT.
Old 08-08-2016, 9:16 AM

I can see if they are busy, but on a Friday and no one is in the store.