Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2016, 8:04 PM
CGSSA Associate

Default Kinda surprised after seeing other recent posts

Dan at Turners Norwalk is awesome. For about a month and a half now I have been looking for a Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox. I wanted it brand new so I have been going to various gun stores including Turners and Ammo Bros. It seemed like I would not be able to get one and when I asked about a waiting list or ordering one I wiuld get a run around instead of clear answers and wind up leaving the store. That was until Dan assisted me from Turners Norwalk. I called the day before to ask them about the Blued version of the gun I wanted. They had it at 100 off but the ad stated nothing over the inox model. When I called he checked and told me none were in stock in the inox configuration but he told me how I could still go in the following day and he would personally assist me in placing an order. Today I went in and sure enough he was there. He assisted me promptly, answered all my questions, showed me the key differences between the regular model versus the brigadier model, and more importantly he was able to get me 100 off as well. It was 871 and some change out the door after taxes which amazed me because the only other gun shop that had told me they could order me one had stated their price was 899.99 plus tax. Now I just have to wait until they get the next batch in stock and I will be able to DROS promptly. So Kudos to Dan.
Old 02-06-2016, 8:14 PM

San Bernardino had one on Thursday late afternoon.

Nice gun. They are beefier than the regular 92FS so many holsters don't fit quite right.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:27 AM

Long ways from ARcata to San Bernadino. LOL. Miss that place.
Old 03-08-2016, 2:46 AM
CGSSA Associate

Any kther gun store where there is a beretta 92 fs brigadier inox. I need to
Buy another one. The waiting list is too long.
Old 03-27-2016, 2:34 PM

92fs inox is probably my favorite pistols...great piece!
Old 05-24-2016, 6:56 PM

I always deal with Turners Norwalk. Their staff is very friendly and helpful. I know people that don't like Turners, but I always tell them that they are just going to the wrong store. Ammo Bros. is right down the freeway from Turners and I don't deal with them much because they act like they are doing you a favor. The staff at Turners is a reflection of their Manager Rich. A very nice guy that understands and treats his customers with respect. I'm just glad that is close to home for me, but if it wasn't I would travel to go to that store.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:26 AM

There are those awesome stores, and people in the stores. I have had good experiences at the store here in Rancho, but horrible in Chino Hills. was attempting a PPT the day after purchasing a consignment from turners and all of a sudden the ID information I had (hadn't changed over night) wasn't good enough for the PPT seller got pissed and threw a tantrum in the store refusing to go to Rancho, so lost out on a gun I had been hunting for a while. It seems that as long as you're buying from them they will go the extra mile to help you out which is cool, but honestly not being able to negotiate on the consigment stuff sucks (although it is understandable from their stand point.) and doing PPT through them has proven unreliable for me at least.

Last edited by ef9boy88; 07-30-2016 at 10:28 AM..
Old 07-31-2016, 9:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef9boy88 View Post
There are those awesome stores, and people in the stores. I have had good experiences at the store here in Rancho, but horrible in Chino Hills. was attempting a PPT the day after purchasing a consignment from turners and all of a sudden the ID information I had (hadn't changed over night) wasn't good enough for the PPT seller got pissed and threw a tantrum in the store refusing to go to Rancho, so lost out on a gun I had been hunting for a while. It seems that as long as you're buying from them they will go the extra mile to help you out which is cool, but honestly not being able to negotiate on the consigment stuff sucks (although it is understandable from their stand point.) and doing PPT through them has proven unreliable for me at least.
I'm sure there's more to the story. If the ID you had wasn't good enough at Chino Hills how would it be at Rancho? If I was the seller in the PPT situation I would be upset if I wasted my time as well although I don't think I would have had a "tantrum". Always have all ID and paperwork 100% in order as Turners will use that as an excuse to refuse PPT. Such as not having secondary proof of residency on you. Many shops will allow you to bring it on pickup day especially if buying a gun from their stock not a PPT.

Anyone doing a PPT at Turners is really asking for it. You may get lucky but expect long waits and the workers making the experience unpleasant as possible for you. Chino Hills seems to have gotten a rep for this a certain manager seems to have been the worst offender there has been prior posts about it. I have not done a PPT at Turners since like 2002 but that also makes me limit my business with them.

As for consignments you can't blame Turners they are not their guns to accept lowball offers on. Only thing they could maybe do is call consigner and ask if they would lower price. I've seen other gun shops do so or have a range of price in the paperwork that the consigner will accept.

Also I believe Turners has a policy on their own guns that they generally will not accept offers. I did get a display model for less once when it was not on sale and no others were in stock. I do believe they will sometimes price match under certain conditions with local competitors.
Old 07-31-2016, 8:25 PM
Veteran Member

Turners Norwalk is A OK in my book. Typically don't care for a lot of turners, but they are all great at the Norwalk store. Did a PPT there and was impressed with the profesionalism and nice knowledgable staff that I bought a XCR on my pick up date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog78 View Post
I set up a GoFundMe page to try to raise some money to help purchase a handgun for home defense.