Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 06-30-2013, 1:02 PM

Greetings Fellow Calguns Personnel & Fellow Shooters: This morning in the Riverside CA Press-Enterprise newspaper, Section A {PERSPECTRIVE}, Page 1 there was a article written by Senator Joel Anderson, 36th District {San Diego} and the title was: "Speak up and defend California gun rights". I have never heard of Senator Anderson before I read this article regarding gun issues and at the end of his article and I quote in part: SB 396 and several other measures working their way through the Legistlature this year infringe on Californians constitutional right to the Second Amendment and their ability to defend themselves and their families. If you stand behind the Second Amendment and believe that California citizens' right to defend their families should be protected, please send me an email at Senator.anderson@sen.ca.gov. I will be sure that my Senate colleagues receive a copy of your email and your voice is heard. Taking away a law-abiding citizens's basic tool of self-defense puts vulnerable citizens at risk. As we learned from the stories of the brave women who acted without choice to defend themselves and their families, "defense" is not a game; its a matter of life or death. Joel Anderson, R-San Diego, represents the 36th District, which includes parts of San Diego and Riverside counties, in the California Senate.

I took the liberty of going to Senator Anderson's site...and if you wish to contact him and Thank him for his stance regarding issues regarding guns and the 2nd Amendment, etc., I have listed his office{s} for your review and information and I will be writing him and Thanking him as I finish this.....

Sen. Joel Anderson {R-36th}
State Capitol Room 5052
Sacramento California 95814
Phone 916 651 4036
Fax 916 447 9008

El Cajon District Office
500 Fesler Street #201
El Cajon California 92020-1946
Phone 619 596 3136
Fax 619 596 3140

Temecula District Office
27555 Ynez Road Suite 204
Temecula California 92591-4678
Phone 951 676 1020
Fax 951 676 1030

You can read the complete article in the Press-Enterprise newspaper Riverside California 92502 and his article was on Page 1, Section A....

Last edited by GordonLWilliams; 06-30-2013 at 1:06 PM.. Reason: Forgot to mention the Press-Enterprise site...
Old 06-30-2013, 3:36 PM

Thank you for the link to Senator Anderson. I just used it to send my thoughts, and I hope others will take the time to do the same. This is a simple, yet affective way to reach out to our representatives and let them know how you feel. We have to become "the squeaky wheel"!!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 PM

Default Flyers and announcements

Have a section just for flyers and announcements. Like the Friends of NRA dinners, shoots, fun stuff.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 AM

Great job to the mods for being on top of problems that come up. Response time is unbelievable! I know they can't be everywhere all the time but they do listen when you need assistance.

Good job guys
Old 08-20-2013, 8:59 PM
Veteran Member

Can we get an amazon42a link in the header next to sponsors or something? Some people said it doesn't work if you just bookmark it on your comp. Not sure. Just want to ensure calguns gets something when I shop amazon.

Thanks
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 08-24-2013, 8:50 AM

So far so good. Great job guys.
Old 09-04-2013, 1:51 PM

I am new to CGN and I apologize in advance if these suggestions are duplicative in nature.

1. IMHO…CGN could provide more time to members to compose a reply to a post (at least to do a spellcheck! ). I am almost always timed-out in the midst of a reply, but not while reading…. ?!?

2. Post a list or legend in FAQs that explains the member tiers (junior, senior, member, etc…) i.e…#of posts, reputation, etc..

3. Run a CGN/CGSSA life membership drive (at a discounted rate similar to NRA) to encourage participation, education and raise revenue . There are many groups competing for our $!

4. Post a list of the CGN/C3/CGSSA Directors/Officers/Coordinators (with bios and volunteer focus areas), this can be helpful when trying to communicate specific suggestions/information to the right individual.

Thank you for this suggestion box opportunity!
Old 09-08-2013, 4:07 PM

It would help if people would keep their opinions to themselves regarding others posts. I hate posting stuff on your web site because I get comments by *******s like Doug Thomas on here who starts name calling and insulting people calling them lazy or stupid. Nice folks you have on here!
Old 09-08-2013, 4:13 PM

It would help if people would keep their opinions to themselves regarding others posts. I hate posting stuff on your web site because I get comments by *******s like Doug Thomas on here who starts name calling and insulting people calling them lazy or stupid. Nice folks you have on here!
Old 09-08-2013, 8:52 PM

Default Idiots on your site!

6mmintl
Veteran Member

trapdoor
Saw that you stiffed the original buyer of your trapdoor.

Your quite the tard.

Ref my earlier critique if your site. See what I mean. Too many asses on here
Old 09-08-2013, 9:25 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

So TMatt, did you agree to sell it to one person and then sell it to someone else? What exactly happened?
Old 09-08-2013, 9:39 PM

can there be a page/ sticky of all abbreviations and what not? did a quick search and came up with nothing.
Old 09-09-2013, 5:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
So TMatt, did you agree to sell it to one person and then sell it to someone else? What exactly happened?
That's exactly what happened.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=819779

Tmatt1973, you are less than honorable in your dealings.

Last edited by kendog4570; 09-09-2013 at 6:12 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 1:25 PM
Janitors assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmatt1973 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmatt1973 View Post
6mmintl
Veteran Member

trapdoor
Saw that you stiffed the original buyer of your trapdoor.

Your quite the tard.

Ref my earlier critique if your site. See what I mean. Too many asses on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendog4570 View Post
That's exactly what happened.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=819779

Tmatt1973, you are less than honorable in your dealings.
Tmatt1973 You are so right! Because of this I removed your marketplace privileges so you never have to deal with the scum here again. Thanks for calling this to my attention!
Old 09-09-2013, 5:58 PM
Veteran Member

Ouchhh
Old 09-09-2013, 6:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
Tmatt1973 You are so right! Because of this I removed your marketplace privileges so you never have to deal with the scum here again. Thanks for calling this to my attention!
Ohh Emm Geeee

El Emm Eff ohh!!!

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!

20 total posts since May 2011 = Not a big contributor here, so no loss!

========================

Since this thread got derailed... Let's get back to the topic-
How to make CGN better---

I'd like to see more frequent regional matches and get togethers. Perhaps resulting in an annual CGN statewide match? Also regional and statewide demonstrations, information booths, etc. Getting the word out to everyone!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx

Last edited by Darryl Licht; 09-09-2013 at 6:17 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 11:14 PM

Default Also interested splitting WTB in 2 sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
How about separating the WTB thread into two threads, pistols and long guns? Every day seems there are 10 pages to look through. Would make it so much easier to browse.
+1 Would also make it easier for people to see if someone wants to buy before they put a WTS/WTT ad up.
Old 09-10-2013, 1:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

How about updating the rules to be more clear because clearly just following them is not enough. How about a few more warnings for veteran members. Do you want to let people know before they fall off the edge or just watch them fall off the edge? That is all I have at this time really... Loosen up a bit and have fun already.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
Old 09-10-2013, 1:32 AM
Janitors assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
How about updating the rules to be more clear because clearly just following them is not enough. How about a few more warnings for veteran members. Do you want to let people know before they fall off the edge or just watch them fall off the edge? That is all I have at this time really... Loosen up a bit and have fun already.
No.
Old 09-10-2013, 2:15 AM

Market places by locations. Say San Diego county, LA, SLO, Riverside, San Bernardino ETC...this way if someone is selling and OLNY wants local ffl, it's easier to determine.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:20 AM

Curious why the calendar function in the toolbar up top doesn't go beyond 2012?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Would it be possible for a way to follow a user? I know a few users who post awesome things for sale, and would like a notification of some sorts when they start a new thread. That would be awesome
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 10-10-2013, 3:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Is it possible to add the breadcrumbs to the bottom of the page as well as the top? It would save having to scroll back to the top after reading a long thread.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals
Old 10-28-2013, 8:49 PM

I think it would be a very good idea for the vendors in the commercial section to have their locations in their listings.
No point in looking at stock that is at the other end of the state.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Is there a reason why embedded youtube videos wont go full screen? It bugs me every time I watch a video I have to go to youtube or it is tiny.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2013, 9:32 AM

Default Open Letter - how can we make Calguns.net better?

Can you update the Tapatalk API, aka plugin? This would allow members access to all the new features Tapatalk offers, including notifications for new pm's.

Thanks!
The Model 610 was classified as the XM177[3] but adopted by the Air Force as the GAU-5/A Submachine Gun (GAU = Gun, Aircraft, Unit.) The Army purchased 2,815 Model 609 CAR-15 Commandos on June 28, 1966, which were officially designated Submachine Gun, 5.56 mm, XM177E1. - Wikipedia
Old 11-21-2013, 6:25 AM

What about a way to see someone's location and itrader rating on the mobile version?
Old 11-23-2013, 1:00 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

Can we filter marketplace ads into Norcal and Socal?

PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

When pimping begins, friendship ends.

Don't let your history be a mystery
Old 12-01-2013, 11:29 PM

It would be nice if there was a contact list, directing us to the correct person when a problem arises. An example, I am being logged out at times when I go to a different thread. Not knowing who to contact, I used the (contact us) at the bottom of the page several times, but received no response.

USS Bristol County LST 1198
Attack Squadron Seven...Mission-Assault
Gator Navy
VFW
American Legion
NRA

Cat herding by appt. only.- The crazy cat man.
Old 01-03-2014, 8:41 PM
Practical Googleplex Guy

I concur with the suggestions of making it mandatory to post the location of the person who is selling or buying or vendor. That way we would know if it is local, or if we want to drive or pay for shipping. Saves time by not clicking a post for a large item 400 miles away.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 6:11 PM
OT Banned
CGN Contributor

Here's a technical issue.

Currently I am denied access to "Off Topic". I've noticed that the same day this occurred there are other functions which no longer work. I can currently post and reply to posts but I can't select smilies. I click on them and nothing happens. Also if I decide to edit a post I can open it and make changes but when I click "save", "go advanced", "delete" or "cancel" it doesn't perform the function. The button itself does respond by changing color, but that's it. The row of edit buttons, "bold" "quote" "You Tube" etc. don't work either. I can manually type them in though.

Not sure if it helps but I am using a G5 Mac and Firefox.

ETA:
Testing to see if Safari works on editing this post. If you see this, it does.
So I guess this is a fairly isolated problem since Safari edited this post, twice.

Last edited by BKinzey; 01-06-2014 at 6:19 PM.. Reason: Tested Safari.
Old 01-07-2014, 2:08 PM

Not sure if already mentioned, but splitting the classified section into a norcal and socal subforum sounded like a good idea previously tossed around. And letting those who are willing to ship post in both. Just my 2 cents for consideration.
Old 01-17-2014, 7:45 AM

Add a "Best of CalGuns" feature. Similar to CL. Some of these threads are pure gold
Old 01-18-2014, 11:36 AM

Move the reloading supplies sales back to the marketplace! Separating live ammo from reloading sales is a good idea, moving the reloading sales out of the marketplace, bad idea.

Apparently it's in such an obscure location that the mods haven't even seen our running petition:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=871623

Old 01-19-2014, 11:50 PM

If it hasn't been said because I haven't read every post. Separate Northern Ca. and Southern Ca. It would make easier to find what your looking for in your general area. oops it has been said. I second what LONGGUNAR said.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 AM

An available list of mods by forum would be really helpful
Old 01-20-2014, 11:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdier View Post
An available list of mods by forum would be really helpful
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showgroups.php
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 02-02-2014, 3:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Search Alerts?

I'm new ~ but is there a way to do a search alert? Meaning if a particular model you're looking for shows up, you get an email letting you know one listed in the marketplace?

Last edited by TDP; 02-02-2014 at 3:02 PM.. Reason: spelling correction
Old 02-03-2014, 6:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

When putting someone on the ignore list, is it possible that my posts be hidden from them as well?
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:13 AM

If you need help with HA/Server/Bandwidth/Network/Anycast etc.

I do a lot of work within the Datacenter and have a number of contacts for Colo switches/routers, vmware.

yep.