Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-22-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobun View Post
Anybody live in Brentwood and want to give a shot at getting the city to direct the PD to go to shall issue? I think it could be done.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1126299
I would like to pressure Brentwood into issuing, can can generate funds for the city. Maybe start a facebook page a nd start a petition.
Old 04-16-2016, 5:07 AM
Veteran Member

Just met someone else who was recently issued in cococo and he didn't have to "kiss the ring" or do the possee route.

It seems like if you live in the county vs a city and and can come up with some "good cause" that is NOT "self defense" you may have a shot.
Old 04-16-2016, 6:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
Just met someone else who was recently issued in cococo and he didn't have to "kiss the ring" or do the possee route.

It seems like if you live in the county vs a city and and can come up with some "good cause" that is NOT "self defense" you may have a shot.
That illustrates how distorted our rights have become. Self defense is not a sufficient reason, in the sole judgement of the CoCo Sheriff (and/or Prosecutor), as well as in other jurisdictions, for a citizen to be allowed to carry a sidearm.

If self defense is not sufficient, what planet are we on?

Note: I applied for a CCW in CoCo county for self defense and was denied. I am a veteran, experienced gun owner, with zero issues on background checks.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 04-17-2016, 10:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Looking over the voter registration stats at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra...r_registration

makes me think Danville (42.1% Repub to 33.5% Dem) and Clayton (38.5% Repub to 38.2% Dem) and even Moraga (33.3% Repub to 40.3% Dem), and San Ramon (29.8% Repub to 39.1% Dem), are also cities where gunnies should organize locally to push their chief, and if he refused, push their city councils to demand the chief issue CCWs for "self-defense" as Good Cause (or they will replace the chief).

Their PD's websites all list a CoP, so they should be able to issue (or rescind any MOU to start issuing).
http://www.danville.ca.gov/Services/Police-Services/
http://claytonpd.com/
http://police.moraga.ca.us/
http://www.ci.san-ramon.ca.us/police/

Fjold said he's willing to advise anyone interested in doing this. He spent 6 years fighting to get Lompoc PD to issue CCWs against the wishes of the SLO sheriff!

This is what folks in LA and SD counties are doing. No reason why CoCoCo residents, esp in those cities I ID'ed shouldn't also try. Facebook groups pages make it easy to begin, like LA folk did. Go thru this thread for ideas:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1172605

The longer you wait to begin, the longer until you win....

This will be a marathon: long, slow, steady, unrelenting work. Keep that as your mindset.

Last edited by Paladin; 04-17-2016 at 5:27 PM..
Old 04-17-2016, 2:22 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1707...60924494945941
Started a facebook page to organize and build support, Thanks Paladin for kicking me in the butt, to get this started. I am no where near prepared, but will be pursuing leads to get started. I will be doing some research and PM Fjold.
Old 04-17-2016, 4:24 PM

Nice job guys! Take our cities back one by one. These are exactly the tactics used against us. Nice to turn the tables. Must be a tough pill when anti's realize they aren't the only ones with an opinion.

John 14:6
Old 04-17-2016, 5:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATER313 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1707...60924494945941
Started a facebook page to organize and build support, Thanks Paladin for kicking me in the butt, to get this started. I am no where near prepared, but will be pursuing leads to get started. I will be doing some research and PM Fjold.
My pleasure!

If you need any advice, just PM me since I don't read threads regularly anymore, but I do log on at least once per week to check for PMs.

FWIW you should "Like" the FB group pages of folks in LA county cities pushing for CCWs (IIRC, Glendora, La Verne, and West Covina), and that SD county gun owners PAC.

All of you should look to see if FB allows you to form a "ring" that will be invitation only for FB groups by gunnies in CA counties & cities pushing for CCWs. You can help each other with advice/"lessons learned".

I wish you the best in Brentwood!

Hopefully, gunnies in Danville, Clayton, Moraga and San Ramon will step up to the plate next....

Last edited by Paladin; 04-17-2016 at 7:24 PM..
Old 08-09-2016, 2:19 PM

Question, living in the CCC, having a documented child molester in my complex and a young child in my household (my son), would this be good cause enough for our Sheriff to approve a CCW?
Old 08-12-2016, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerMichael View Post
Question, living in the CCC, having a documented child molester in my complex and a young child in my household (my son), would this be good cause enough for our Sheriff to approve a CCW?
My understanding is that good cause is meaningless in CCC. But it's certainly possible that the Sheriff is issuing more permits than we're aware.
Old 08-27-2016, 7:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Looking over the voter registration stats at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra...r_registration

makes me think Danville (42.1% Repub to 33.5% Dem) and Clayton (38.5% Repub to 38.2% Dem) and even Moraga (33.3% Repub to 40.3% Dem), and San Ramon (29.8% Repub to 39.1% Dem), are also cities where gunnies should organize locally to push their chief, and if he refused, push their city councils to demand the chief issue CCWs for "self-defense" as Good Cause (or they will replace the chief).

Their PD's websites all list a CoP, so they should be able to issue (or rescind any MOU to start issuing).
http://www.danville.ca.gov/Services/Police-Services/
http://claytonpd.com/
http://police.moraga.ca.us/
http://www.ci.san-ramon.ca.us/police/

Fjold said he's willing to advise anyone interested in doing this. He spent 6 years fighting to get Lompoc PD to issue CCWs against the wishes of the SLO sheriff!

This is what folks in LA and SD counties are doing. No reason why CoCoCo residents, esp in those cities I ID'ed shouldn't also try. Facebook groups pages make it easy to begin, like LA folk did. Go thru this thread for ideas:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1172605

The longer you wait to begin, the longer until you win....

This will be a marathon: long, slow, steady, unrelenting work. Keep that as your mindset.
Amazing the silence....

I guess no one in Danville, Clayton, Moraga, or San Ramon are willing to work & fight to get CCWs.

Nothing will change if you don't make it change.
Old 08-27-2016, 7:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerMichael View Post
With CoCoCo, I don't think we've had a good idea of their GC requirement for a few years, so we assume it hasn't changed, that they're still very restrictive.

Having said that, IIRC, when you apply they'll tell you if your GC is sufficient before you spend much money on the application. Best to get ahold of someone at the SO and ask them about the process, how much you have to spend before you get a conditional approval for your GC (usually pending background check, etc.).

Here's a link to their CCW webpage:
http://www.contracosta.ca.gov/5890/C...Weapon-License

Let us know what you find out!
Old 08-27-2016, 7:58 PM

It would take everybody in a joined effort. As much as I want a CCW, I don't really need one in San Ramon. Might need one anywhere else, just not here. Most people are too consumed with daily life to try and fight the system. I don't want to apply just to get denied. Risk to reward. Besides, only III% will stand up and fight.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:08 PM

Where I live there is a freeway overpass that has a walking trail that goes under it and the trail is a known route for homeless and meth zombies (in Concord of course). There is a metal fence separating the complex from the underpass but sometimes the bars get removed. One of my neighbors said there was a zombie that took shot at him just because he talked to him. This was a few years ago and the police do a decent job of clearing the underpass out but they can't be there 24/7. I also don't feel safe on the freeways in the Bay Area because of all the road rage and I don't feel safe on BART either. I work on the boarder of the Tenderloin in SF and I for sure don't feel safe walking around in certain areas of SF. However, I think I heard it is not legal to CCW in SF even if you have a license from another county. I could be wrong though.

It doesn't hurt to start the process and see where it goes. But like Mr Bellis said "Most people are too consumed with daily life to try and fight the system." I for sure don't have a lot of time to dedicate to fighting the system.

I think the biggest hurtle is that most Sheriffs and Police Officers (I said most, not all) think the general public is safer if law abiding citizens carry mace and cell phones instead of guns to protect themselves. Just mace the perp and call the police right. In reality, an incident happens so quick there is not time to call 911 and explain what is happening, and then have an officer dispatcher and drive to the location. Sorry, the victim would already have been victimized. They also think a person with a CCW would cause more harm then good, which we all obviously disagree with.

Last edited by GunnerMichael; 08-28-2016 at 12:27 PM..
Old 08-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Calguns Addict

If you have a CCW in any county in the state, you are good to go in any county in the state, San Francisco included. They do have a ban on JHP ammo if I remember correctly.

Fresno, Stanislaus, San Joaquin and Solano are all pretty easy to obtain CCWs I think.

CoCo County, as you are all aware, is another story all together. I was speaking with a LGS, and she did think that getting one would be dependent upon the good cause statement. Not sure if I agree wth that though.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 08-28-2016, 1:59 PM

I think the ammo ban in SF is for Black Talon.

Anyway, It seems like you have to kiss the Sheriff's *** to get a CCW is this county. I'm not willing to do that. LEO's in this state are too jumpy when a civilian has a firearm; legal or not. I'll keep mine at home for now...
Old 08-29-2016, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
If you have a CCW in any county in the state, you are good to go in any county in the state, San Francisco included. They do have a ban on JHP ammo if I remember correctly.

Fresno, Stanislaus, San Joaquin and Solano are all pretty easy to obtain CCWs I think.

CoCo County, as you are all aware, is another story all together. I was speaking with a LGS, and she did think that getting one would be dependent upon the good cause statement. Not sure if I agree wth that though.
I went through the entire expensive and time consuming process with the Sheriff's Dept of Contra Costa County about a year ago (this was after Peruta was upheld by the three judge panel of the 9th Circus). Evidently they didn't feel my "cause" was good enough. I don't remember my exact words on the application, but I stated personal/home defense and my transport of bank deposits, as treasurer, for my church. I was rejected, and I have the rejection letter. I have never committed any crimes, am a USN veteran and experienced firearms owner. It did not cite any specific reason for my rejection, other than they felt the law was unsettled. (In other words, the plain words of the Constitution don't matter.)

I did not expect to be approved for a CCW, but I felt it made sense for lots and lots of people to apply. At some point there will be litigation and all of us rejectees will constitute a mass of evidence, or maybe even a class of plaintiffs. I still feel that way, so I encourage everyone to apply, regardless of what county you reside in.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 08-29-2016, 5:43 PM

What's cost in total to apply? My profession I cannot carry (work in education) but I do assist my father who's a broker on open house sales, foreclosure a etc. this includes properties in Oakland with renters not leaving and situations that are rough. My dad DOES NOT have a ccw and I'm wondering if I apply and he doesn't that may hurt my chances.

A coworkers husband who's a contractor in coco county got one.
Old 08-29-2016, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychbiker View Post
What's cost in total to apply? My profession I cannot carry (work in education) but I do assist my father who's a broker on open house sales, foreclosure a etc. this includes properties in Oakland with renters not leaving and situations that are rough. My dad DOES NOT have a ccw and I'm wondering if I apply and he doesn't that may hurt my chances.

A coworkers husband who's a contractor in coco county got one.
I'm sorry but can't remember. They require some sort of special fingerprinting and background check and that added costs. You have to pay UPS or some outside provider for some of it.

Old 09-05-2016, 1:27 PM

anybody have an idea if it's easier to get one in oakley? or do you think they would just refer you to the sherriff?
Old 09-05-2016, 1:46 PM

Assuming Oakley is in Contra Costa County, I expect they'd refer you to the county Sheriff. It wouldn't hurt to ask the local PD, though; you won't be the first to ask, I'm sure.

Old 09-05-2016, 3:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Oakley does not have a program in place yet, they just became independent of the SO. They will send you to the county .
Old 09-22-2016, 8:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bellis View Post
It would take everybody in a joined effort. As much as I want a CCW, I don't really need one in San Ramon. Might need one anywhere else, just not here. Most people are too consumed with daily life to try and fight the system. I don't want to apply just to get denied. Risk to reward. Besides, only III% will stand up and fight.
Go thru the 190+ CCW incidents linked in my sig line to see how unpredictable when you'd need a CCW can be.

While you may not "need one in San Ramon," I assume you do leave that city from time to time, right???

To see what happens when that III% stand up and fight for their rights, see the corner that has been turned in West Covina (LA Co). It looks like there's going to be a show down between their Chief of Police and the City Council (who hire & fire CoPs).
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...splay.php?f=71

While it took them >2 years to get to this point, the longer you guys wait the longer until you'll be able to carry. Remember: it only takes a few hours each week: just give up some TV or other BS for a couple of years and be able to carry for the rest of your residency in SR or whatever city you're in.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-23-2016 at 4:44 PM..
Old 09-23-2016, 5:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bellis View Post
Quote:
Go thru the 190+ CCW incidents linked in my sig line to see how unpredictable when you'd need a CCW can be.

While you may not "need one in San Ramon," I assume you do leave that city from time to time, right???
Mike-San Ramon *IS* bad. You DO need one there. Just hang out around the Safeway at Dougherty & Bollinger, close to the new Windermere development. There is a crap-load of low-income housing. It brought all of the vermin into San Ramon along with it. Check out the thugs going to the new High School there. Yes, San Ramon is known as a yuppie-ville, but it's being invaded right now. A LOT of car burglary at the SR Regional Hospital. A friend had her purse stolen out of her van. I get a lot of notifications on Nixle for robberies and other crimes and home invasions in San Ramon. Danville, Walnut Creek, Lafayette and Moraga too. All are 'nice' areas in CoCo County. Heck, you need a minimum of a 6 digit income to survive comfortably out there. It's what drove me out of there. Sold my house, moved to Martinez. While Martinez has it's own problems, it's affordable.

Am I strapped right now? You bet!!! Would I like to be 100% of the time? You bet!!! Can I get a CCW in CoCo County? Fat chance.

Be safe.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-17-2016, 7:39 AM

....so just checking in (I'm looking at a couple of jobs down here in Contra Costa) --- is this a SI county, and if so is SD a GC?
Old 11-17-2016, 9:06 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNinja View Post
....so just checking in (I'm looking at a couple of jobs down here in Contra Costa) --- is this a SI county, and if so is SD a GC?
Old 11-17-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Ah, ty for the updated map. I wasn't sure of where to find the most recent version of it.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:44 AM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNinja View Post
Ah, ty for the updated map. I wasn't sure of where to find the most recent version of it.
You can always find the most recent version by following the links in my sig.

Next planned revision is in January 2017.

Thread here on CalGuns is: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1236204
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 11-17-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
You can always find the most recent version by following the links in my sig.

Next planned revision is in January 2017.

Thread here on CalGuns is: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1236204
Ah ty so much!
Old 11-18-2016, 9:23 AM

Ur usg 2 many abbv. cnt undsd u.

Old 12-07-2016, 4:14 AM

I was denied by Livingston back in 2012 right after a home invasion in Antioch, and then I was threatened by the perps family while waiting to testify against him in court. I thought that would be good enough, and nope.....
Anyways, I just moved back to El Dorado County, where our sheriff has a shall issue policy, and have applied there. I was searching the EDC forums and decided to check in on my fellow rejectee's and see if there was any change. Too bad there is not.
If anyone does set up some kind of Class Action Suit, or any suit against Livingston, let me know. I am more then happy to donate to that cause.
Good luck guys, and hopefully this nationwide reciprocity thing that trump is talking about can become a reality.
Old 12-08-2016, 4:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
I was denied by Livingston back in 2012 right after a home invasion in Antioch, and then I was threatened by the perps family while waiting to testify against him in court. I thought that would be good enough, and nope.....

Anyways, I just moved back to El Dorado County, where our sheriff has a shall issue policy, and have applied there. I was searching the EDC forums and decided to check in on my fellow rejectee's and see if there was any change. Too bad there is not.

If anyone does set up some kind of Class Action Suit, or any suit against Livingston, let me know. I am more then happy to donate to that cause.

Good luck guys, and hopefully this nationwide reciprocity thing that trump is talking about can become a reality.

Glad you're in a CCW friendly county!

I'm really surprised you didn't get a CCW especially with your circumstances. It didn't happen to be at the end of the year did it? (Sandy Hook).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 12-08-2016, 7:03 PM

Thank you. I am happy to be back in EDC. I have currently applied for EDC and Utah, so it's a waiting game as El Dorado is 4 to 6 months out.
It happened in April of 2012. Yih-Chau Chang and myself wrote an article about it in the examiner. It was a crazy night. While I can no longer find the link to the SD Examiner article, I found some other site that published the article. It's an interesting read. It was written post application with antioch, but pre coco county application.
http://www.mynameisfoxtrot.com/journ...-invasion.html

Last edited by jessdigs; 12-08-2016 at 7:08 PM..
Old 12-08-2016, 9:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It happened in April of 2012. Yih-Chau Chang and myself wrote an article about it in the examiner. It was a crazy night. While I can no longer find the link to the SD Examiner article, I found some other site that published the article. It's an interesting read. It was written post application with antioch, but pre coco county application.
From the linked article:

Quote:
During my CCW interview with Detective Dean Pfeiffer, he informed me that Chief Allan Cantando simply does not issue CCW permits to citizens.

<snip>

Mine is a prime example of the reason why Antioch Chief of Police, Allan Cantando, needs to re-evaluate his policy of rejecting every application for concealed weapons permits that comes across his desk, and issue these permits if the applicants applying qualify as common, law-abiding citizens.
From Salute v. Pitchess, note especially the last sentence:

Quote:
(2) While a court cannot compel a public officer to exercise his discretion in any particular manner, it may direct him to exercise that discretion. (1b) We regard the case at bench as involving a refusal of the sheriff to exercise the discretion given him by the statute. Section 12050 imposes only three limits on the grant of an application to carry a concealed weapon: the applicant must be of good moral character, show good cause and be a resident of the county. To determine, in advance, as a uniform rule, that only selected public officials can show good cause is to refuse to consider the existence of good cause on the part of citizens generally [***5] and is an abuse of, and not an exercise of, discretion.
https://calgunsfoundation.org/wp-con...e_pitchess.pdf

The Antioch CoP is just another lawbreaking CLEO, who doesn't give a flying you-know-what about your rights (to have your application individually reviewed), your life, or obeying the law.
Old 12-08-2016, 9:22 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post

Did he happen to mention what that good cause was?
In CoCo you need to be a 1%er to get issued.
-g
Old 12-09-2016, 7:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thank you. I am happy to be back in EDC. I have currently applied for EDC and Utah, so it's a waiting game as El Dorado is 4 to 6 months out.
Thanks for sharing that. I did a quick search and some reading on Yih-Chau Chang and it seems that he is quite the advocate for the 2nd. Very well spoke too.

It's unfortunate that it seems to fall on deaf ears.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 12-09-2016, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Thanks for sharing that. I did a quick search and some reading on Yih-Chau Chang and it seems that he is quite the advocate for the 2nd. Very well spoke too.

It's unfortunate that it seems to fall on deaf ears.
Yes, he is a good man and one we want on our side. He runs a very informative facebook page called responsible citizens of California. If you get a chance, check it out.
Old 12-10-2016, 6:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yes, he is a good man and one we want on our side. He runs a very informative facebook page called responsible citizens of California. If you get a chance, check it out.

Thanks. Will do.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 12-12-2016, 12:06 AM

Hmm I'm pretty skeptical about applying as I feel I qualify. My profession is workin with a lot of money but my company won't allow me to carry. I wanted to obtain because I work with a lot of money and I'm in moving to Antioch. With that said, and the people who got approved, wouldni quakify? Or even stand a chance? Also, if I'm able to obtain, would I be able to conceal in other counties? And is it 3 firearms in the rotation or 5?
Thank you in advance!
Old 12-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookItsJazzy View Post
Hmm I'm pretty skeptical about applying as I feel I qualify. My profession is workin with a lot of money but my company won't allow me to carry. I wanted to obtain because I work with a lot of money and I'm in moving to Antioch. With that said, and the people who got approved, wouldni quakify? Or even stand a chance? Also, if I'm able to obtain, would I be able to conceal in other counties? And is it 3 firearms in the rotation or 5?
Thank you in advance!
IF you could get a license in CoCoCo, it's a STATE license, good all over California, but with some onerous restrictions applied by Our Fine Sheriff.

I don't remember what Livingston's policy may allow; I seem to recall it was 2 rather than 3; the state does not care how many you list, and of the listed guns you may carry none or all at the same time, if you like.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained; Livingston is at least marginally better than San Francisco in issuing some CCW.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 12-12-2016, 7:12 AM

While the process is tedious with some bit of expense involved, and little chance of success, I feel we all in Contra Costa county should apply at least once (I have, and was turned down for no reason), because if nothing else it slowly builds pressure on authorities and also builds a class of plaintiffs for some future legal action.

We are being denied our Constitutional rights, plain and simple. There is no requirement in the Constitution to show good cause or any reason whatsoever for carrying. Sooner or later, this is going to become the historic case in the courts....whether this county or another.

We have an absolute right to keep and bear arms, and, if I'm not mistaken, this dates back to English law in pre-colonial times. (I'm not a lawyer.)