Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 4:27 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Need to find someone to reload 7.62x54R

Does anyone have the capability and want to reload for me? Or if you have the other equipment, I could buy the necessary dies and either you can reload them or rent me some time on your press.

Let me know please! Thank you
Old 12-24-2012, 6:13 PM

You can buy a hand reloader for the 7.62x54r Its fairly inexpensive and a good way to learn about reloading. I got mine when I bought a m44 off a guy in Long Beach. It came with the gun. Believe it or not you use a hammer to drive the primers out and in and also setting the bullets. Check the ammo reloading forum. Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more info.
Old 12-26-2012, 9:15 PM
Veteran Member

How many rounds?
I got a single stage press set up, I'm currently on winter break and I got nothing to do lol besides reload and lift weights...

Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I don't have too many rounds to reload at the moment. About 140. But I'll have more soon. I wouldn't mind having these loaded and ready to go though
Old 12-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasmith View Post
You can buy a hand reloader for the 7.62x54r Its fairly inexpensive and a good way to learn about reloading. I got mine when I bought a m44 off a guy in Long Beach. It came with the gun. Believe it or not you use a hammer to drive the primers out and in and also setting the bullets. Check the ammo reloading forum. Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more info.

I've seen the Lee loader kits and I was thinking about picking one up but the thought of hammering in live primers scares me!
Old 12-27-2012, 8:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlplumb View Post
I've seen the Lee loader kits and I was thinking about picking one up but the thought of hammering in live primers scares me!
Then get over it. Lee Loader, rubber mallet. Follow instructions. It is safe. Or as safe as most reloading

Alternatively, Lee hand-press, I saw it for about $35 at Angeles the other week. Just buy dies and scale, and calipers, and you are set
Old 12-27-2012, 8:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
My first reloading for .223 and 30-06 was done with a Lee kit. Slow, but cheap and works just fine and is perfectly safe if you follow instructions.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 12-27-2012, 9:02 AM

Quote:
The first round I reloaded I accidentally set off the primer, the seeding rod just flew straight up to the ceiling and and turned my hands black no damage. After that I was more careful and it never happened again. Wear safety glasses and maybe gloves until you fell more confident.
Old 12-27-2012, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Lee auto prime is what I use, much faster too