Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 12-24-2015, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

Default What gun related gifts did you get for Christmas

Tell us about the gun related gifts your received for Christmas.

Were they items you asked for?

Where they items someone Chose for your? If yes did they choose wisely?
Old 12-25-2015, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Tell us about the gun related gifts your received for Christmas.

Were they items you asked for?

Where they items someone Chose for your? If yes did they choose wisely?
Grantar, do u have any AG tuck 3.0 for a mp shield 9mm? Also a sticky holster?

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2015, 1:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarmuscle View Post
Grantar, do u have any AG tuck 3.0 for a mp shield 9mm? Also a sticky holster?

Yes should have on AG left in stock, and several Sticky Holsters. Were closed for the weekend. Christmas is one of the few times a year when the auto shop I rent my retail space from closes to give the guys some extended time off. I will be open Tuesday, but can come in Monday by appointment if you want. give me a call 949.528.7385

Last edited by grantar2; 12-26-2015 at 1:58 PM..
Old 12-26-2015, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Yes should have on AG left in stock, and several Sticky Holsters. Were closed for the weekend. Christmas is one of the few times a year when the auto shop I rent my retail space from closes to give the guys some extended time off. I will be open Tuesday, but can come in Monday by appointment if you want. give me a call 949.528.7385
Thanks, I am in Fresno so i will order online. I am wanting the alien 3.0 for myself and a sticky for my wife. Is there a hybrid that may be suitable for my wife? MP shield.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarmuscle View Post
Thanks, I am in Fresno so i will order online. I am wanting the alien 3.0 for myself and a sticky for my wife. Is there a hybrid that may be suitable for my wife? MP shield.

The issue with a hybrid for a woman is the type of clothing. If she wears light clothing then the hybrid is going to be difficult to conceal. Also a hybrid wants a belt. Does she wear a belt, many women don't. If she does is it a thin cosmetic belt, or is it a substantial gun belt. I generally try to work to try to prevent changes in a woman's normal attire because other women who she may not want to know she is carrying may notice.

Let's be honest, if women can spot nail color and minor changes in hair style?

There are several options. A hybrid will work with jeans, the AG is likely among the best for conforming to her hips. We all know women on built differently but it really does affect comfort, with many systems. If she isn't comfortable she won't carry.

The Sticky Holster is a favorite with women. The Shield is small enough that one of my Cooks Kydex is a great choice if he wares any kind of belt at all. A reverse j hook would be the best connection. Cooks is the producer for a major women's org we support but can't mention the connection.

Also don't dismiss the 4" wide belly band. These require no support from the garments at all, and conform to the body. They also provide a place to carry a pair of spare mags.

All of the above assume a blouse and skirt, or pants and top. None will work with a dress.

If she is wearing sheer like spandex, then either the Sticky or Belly Band will likely be the best solution.

Ordering online is fine, but a conference call and discussion is free and may help you choose. At any rate as rule we don't close sales, we offer expertise and advice, discussion on the concept of operation, and you decide what is right.

My key take away to my customers and the classes I teach for various trainers is don't settle. Understand the strengths and weakness of each system (which we can talk about) and make sure you select backwards from the 4 seconds you life is on the line. Your carry system is a life or death tool, be happy with what you select.

Will the gun stay put in a fight / attack, will the gun draw properly with one hand, well struggling, back against a wall/car/on the ground, well kneeling, hiding under a table crouched down behind a car? If yes, is it comfortable enough that I don't find a reason not to carry. (Be real if you knew something bad was going to happen you wouldn't go there).

Each of the systems I have mentioned will work, some better than others in given situations.

I am here to help if you need me. If you do order from us, use Calguns10 as the discount coupon code it will save you some money.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member

Did anyone see on the Calguns Facebook page the Tiffany Blue 9mm Shield that one of the guys got his wife. Even bought a Tiffany gift so he could give her the gun in the box.

Really nice looking gun, only doing a nickel plate job on the slide would have made it prettier. My understanding is she wanted a Shield.
Old 01-01-2016, 1:08 AM

Yes, I got gun related gifts.
Very useful ones.
Ammo.
And brass to reload for MY caliber.
I did not ask for them, but they were thoughtful and useful.

I gave someone targets --always fun.

Cindy
Old 01-08-2016, 10:16 AM

My boyfriend bought me my first handgun, as well as some accessories. A Sig Sauer p2022 non-ca, Blackhawk holster, dual magazine carrier, 511 tactical belt, and two extra magazines. I also got my FSC first try only missed one.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

welcome to the calguns' Ladies' Forum, I!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D