Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-30-2015, 8:58 AM

Default Dating & Carry

(All of these questions apply to if the guy is not pro 2A, but not anti either)

1. 1st date, if you never met the guy and you're legal ccw, so ccw or not? might he be put off, any experiences?

2. 2A legal premises or your home, carry or not? would it hurt his feelings if he thought you didn't trust him?

3. 3rd date or later, still carry or not? when to not carry around him?
Old 09-30-2015, 9:02 AM
Veteran Member

Carry. If it is important to you he should understand and if he doesn't well you know.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
AK Sporter Stock, Handguard, Gas Tube here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1275603
Old 09-30-2015, 9:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFarmer74 View Post
Carry. If it is important to you he should understand and if he doesn't well you know.
A guys perspective on this. If the man you are dating does not support your decision to legally carry than do you really want to pursue it further with him? Just my 2 cents anyway!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Old 09-30-2015, 9:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Carry, it is a difficult subject for me to bring up since guns are such a huge part of my life but if someone isn't comfortable with me owning or carrying guns then they are not for me. I don't want or expect someone to be in to guns as obsessively as me but I will not tolerate someone not wanting me to own firearms or being a rabid anti gunner.

One of my biggest fears is a spiteful ex making stuff up and getting a restraining order against me to curtail my gun rights. I'd have to dump hundreds of guns. Usually with most women I am vague about owning guns or how many. That gets hard to do though at the times in my life when I've worked in the industry.
Old 09-30-2015, 9:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If he doesn't like you carrying, would you continue to date him?
There is your answer. Guy or gun, your choice.

If he is a threat to a female/woman/lady*, he probably won't be back for date #2.
Otherwise, he should try to determine if you are rational or not quickly and go from there.

*joke on an older thread here.

IBMZ/BB/BK
Old 09-30-2015, 10:46 AM

He's neither pro or anti-2A, at least that's the vibe I got.

I did drop hints that I was pro-2A but nothing beyond that and he didn't seem to react (too) badly to that.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
He's neither pro or anti-2A, at least that's the vibe I got.

I did drop hints that I was pro-2A but nothing beyond that and he didn't seem to react (too) badly to that.
For your own safety carry. If he is not comfortable with it than you need to decide which is more important. Personally, I would not see someone again if they were uncomfortable with it.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
A guys perspective on this. If the man you are dating does not support your decision to legally carry than do you really want to pursue it further with him? Just my 2 cents anyway!
+^1

Although truthfully concealed means concealed, why would he know.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
+^1

Although truthfully concealed means concealed, why would he know.
Depends on situation and type of gun and carry. Even a simple hug may reveal that someone is carrying.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:22 AM

grantar2: sooner or later he needs to know, but #1 is the first date, I prefer to be up front.

But at the same time I have no idea how guys who are afraid of guns would react, not trying to sound sexist or rude or anything. However from my experience some people (even people who think they are pro-2A people) don't realize how much they are afraid of guns until they actually see one face to face.

...In other words I just don't want him to freak out.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFarmer74 View Post
I'll concur. Further I would almost wonder if someone were anti-gun ( like flaming) if they were worth dating. That is just me, people will have differing opinions. I dont think I could date an anti
Old 09-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Still lost in the desert
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

1. 1st date, if you never met the guy and you're legal ccw, so ccw or not? might he be put off, any experiences?

2. 2A legal premises or your home, carry or not? would it hurt his feelings if he thought you didn't trust him?

I would carry every time. I don't feel the need to disclose the fact that I am a CCW holder to someone who I am dating. If the relationship continues then yes it's something to sit down and talk about.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:25 PM

interesting question...
on the first date, you could probably get away with carrying and him not knowing at all.

after the first, if you have invited him over to your place and you're carrying in your home, depending on the situation he might notice. if i noticed after we had been out a few times, i'd jokingly give you crap for it ("dang, and here i was going to chop you up and put you in the freezer") but it probably wouldn't bother me.

although, i'm not sure how someone who is uncomfortable around guns might react.

you'd probably have to gauge the dudes on a case-by-case basis. if they are just unfamiliar with guns and thats where their discomfort stems from, maybe you can ease them into it (if you really like the guy). who knows, they may end up being pro-gun.

if they are anti, because they just don't like guns period, then meh... move along.
Old 09-30-2015, 1:26 PM

Better to find out sooner than later. Why waste time?
Old 09-30-2015, 3:32 PM

If you met the guy online, you should be able to find out his position on gun ownership by email or phone, in advance. As in "Wow! My mom is thinking of learning to shoot for self defense. I'm not sure if I should go with her to lessons. What do you think?" That whole thing might fall apart then and there. Or he might encourage you for "lessons" Don't tell him you're a gun owner in email. Ever.

And only meet him in a public place, and arrange a 'safe call' with a friend, just in case.

Never, never, never tell anyone you are carrying. I think there's a good argument that if you say you are carrying, you have blown your legally required 'concealment'. It's supposed to be a secret, so keep it a secret.

If you actually go out with him, on a first date, and you are carrying concealed, he should never know you have it, unless he gets close enough for a kiss. I'm old-school. If you're meeting a stranger for the first time a handshake or light hug is all you need to do on a first date, so he probably won't know anything on a first date. If you are carrying in your purse, he might never know, for weeks and months.

If you like the guy, and you see him the second time, THEN I'd open the topic of gun ownership and see how he reacts. If he is radically anti, drop the topic and end the date, he won't last anyway. If he's neutral or pro, you can suggest the next date be at the range.

I'm wondering if you think you might have to defend yourself against this guy. If you have the tiniest doubt, don't see him. Trust your instincts. If you think you would carry, because you always carry, that's different. But still keep your mouth shut until you're sure where he stands.

Don't worry so much about his feelings. The only really important thing is how you feel about him. If he won't date you because you own or carry, no great loss.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 09-30-2015, 3:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
If you met the guy online, you should be able to find out his position on gun ownership by email or phone, in advance. As in "Wow! My mom is thinking of learning to shoot for self defense. I'm not sure if I should go with her to lessons. What do you think?" That whole thing might fall apart then and there. Or he might encourage you for "lessons" Don't tell him you're a gun owner in email. Ever.

And only meet him in a public place, and arrange a 'safe call' with a friend, just in case.

Never, never, never tell anyone you are carrying. I think there's a good argument that if you say you are carrying, you have blown your legally required 'concealment'. It's supposed to be a secret, so keep it a secret.

If you actually go out with him, on a first date, and you are carrying concealed, he should never know you have it, unless he gets close enough for a kiss. I'm old-school. If you're meeting a stranger for the first time a handshake or light hug is all you need to do on a first date, so he probably won't know anything on a first date. If you are carrying in your purse, he might never know, for weeks and months.

If you like the guy, and you see him the second time, THEN I'd open the topic of gun ownership and see how he reacts. If he is radically anti, drop the topic and end the date, he won't last anyway. If he's neutral or pro, you can suggest the next date be at the range.

I'm wondering if you think you might have to defend yourself against this guy. If you have the tiniest doubt, don't see him. Trust your instincts. If you think you would carry, because you always carry, that's different. But still keep your mouth shut until you're sure where he stands.

Don't worry so much about his feelings. The only really important thing is how you feel about him. If he won't date you because you own or carry, no great loss.
Very well put!
Old 09-30-2015, 3:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Nothing says "Strong Independent Woman" -

Quite like worrying about what some random guy might think about you CCWing.

Just carry it and leave the hypothetical drama for the Cosmo forum.

And for the record - My wife of 20+ years was carrying when we met.

So was I........
Old 09-30-2015, 7:54 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime

BonnieB nails it...........and I agree with Danny re "just carry it and leave the hypothetical drama for the Cosmo forum"...............

a first date is supposed to be a get to know each other and see if a 2nd date is going to happen. don't cross bridges until you get there.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 10-01-2015, 10:30 AM

1. If I met a lady that ccw's. I would think that is hot.
2. I'm pro anything that gives people a fighting chance to survive. I wouldn't be hurt. You don't know me. I don't have any reason for you to trust me yet.
3. Why not? What if shtf? Men needs their superheros too. Why not it be you? Carry all the time. Even in the showers.

Quote:

Old 10-03-2015, 10:29 AM

Bonnie is spot on. There's no reason at all to tell your date that you have a weapon on you - especially, if you've never met him before! The man is essentially a stranger. Never tell unless you have to!

During a first date, people tend to talk about general things like where they went to college, siblings, music, hobbies, etc. During the "hobbies" portion of the first date, that's a good time to mention that you went to the range a couple of times or were thinking of taking a class, etc and see how he reacts. What if you are on a date and he starts talking about how he's been arrested a couple of times and likes to smoke dope or whatever a few times a week. Would you then regret telling him about your weapon?

However, things start to get sticky from the 2nd date and on when, you know, people start to get touchy-feely kissy kissy. It's a tough call. If you have your weapon on your body, a man with wandering hands grabbing you around the waist or trying to cop a feel will likely find the weapon. Your outfit might also not lend itself well to CCW.

Do what you gotta do. If you feel the need to carry, do so and tell him if you have to on a later date (once you've gotten to know him). If he feels offended because he thinks you don't trust him, then you need to gently explain that the carry is just a general safety measure and not specifically a defense against him.

When to carry or when not to carry is up to YOU. It is your life. If you want to carry at home or past the 3rd date or only when in certain neighborhoods...then you just do it. HE is the one who will have to deal with it or find the door.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Calguns Addict

You could always compromise with purse/off body carry or a very small gun hidden creatively if you think you are going to have a hot date I think carrying is wise. Remember Ted Bundy was good looking and did not have a problem with getting female attention.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

First time in this sub forum but the thread title got me. From a male perspective.

1. Yes carry, he doesn't need to know. Concealed means concealed after all.
2. Yes carry at 2a legal places. At home might make him feel a little emasculated but that would be his problem and not yours. At least when you are still in the "get to know them" stage.
3.Yes carry, threats are around every corner.

After a few dates you move on to stage 2, the ultimate date idea take him to the range and than Netflix and chill.

Personally if I knew a girl I was dating had an LTC I would find that very attractive and would only peak my interests more.

Good luck out there, play safe!

Last edited by Sapperforward; 10-04-2015 at 8:33 AM.. Reason: spelling: fixed new to knew
Old 10-04-2015, 12:22 AM

(Him) Is that a gun?
(Her) Yes, it is.
(Him) Why do you have a gun?
(Her) So I don't get raped.
(Him) But I would never rape you!
(Her) Then you don't have to worry about the gun.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 7:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
First time in this sub forum but the thread title got me. From a male perspective.

1. Yes carry, he doesn't need to know. Concealed means concealed after all.
2. Yes carry at 2a legal places. At home might make him feel a little emasculated but that would be his problem and not yours. At least when you are still in the "get to know them" stage.
3.Yes carry, threats are around every corner.

After a few dates you move on to stage 2, the ultimate date idea take him to the range and than Netflix and chill.

Personally if I new a girl I was dating had an LTC I would find that very attractive and would only peak my interests more.

Good luck out there, play safe!
My thoughts exactly.

I'd like a girl who CCW's, not only because it'd be fun to have someone to shoot with, but I would also like the idea that she has the same committment to personal safety that I do. A match made in heaven!
Old 10-04-2015, 9:31 AM
Calguns Addict

I generally do not like women that are heavily in to guns or traditionally male oriented hobbies or lifestyles but a woman having a CCW would somewhat appeal to me and be seen as a plus mainly as stated by sapper because it shows she is responsible and a realistic person committed to her own safety.

I don't expect a woman to be a gun expert and be in to it as much as I am I'm happy with one just not making issues about my guns and her taking the time to be come competent with a firearm for her own safety.

There is always exceptions to the rules. The woman I was ever the most in love with in my life was kind of like a Flashdance movie kind of situation! She had a more male or macho type job and at the time I had a more office or inside type of job.
Old 10-04-2015, 9:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpod View Post
(Him) Is that a gun?
(Her) Yes, it is.
(Him) Why do you have a gun?
(Her) So I don't get raped.
(Him) But I would never rape you!
(Her) Then you don't have to worry about the gun.

That is exactly how I would see it.

Guys perspective here:
I'd find it hot. I also prefer strong minded/willed women who can take care of themselves if need be.
If they have ccw and I find it on my own I would not be spooked.
Plus then I can ask her, is there a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitune2013 View Post
Unban me from the marketplace moderators, pretty one sided **** show yall are putting on over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria526 View Post
I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself
Old 10-04-2015, 10:02 AM

I (a guy) posted that.
My wife is an ex-deputy.
I bought her a rifle for our 25th anniversary

Old 10-04-2015, 10:19 AM

Bonnie and BadKitty have given great advice.

On issues that are very important to you, do not compromise because you like other things about the person or the hormones kick in and create a strong attraction. (Yes, that is the scientist in me and attraction is initially all about hormones and good feelings).

There will always be another person if this one does not work out so do not waste time compromising on your personal core values to make it work.

I did on several issues and then felt because I had invested so much time in the relationship I had to stay and not break it off. We got married and then our son was born. Then those issues I had compromised on came out.

Three years ago the gun issue nearly caused a divorce. I decided I would not longer not have guns in the house, I would teach our son how to use guns, and I would buy our son his first rifle and handgun. He was over 18 and going to college and wanted to learn to shoot.

My wife was angry to the point of telling me she would divorce me. I did this anyway and told her if she did not like it or respect me enough then we could no longer be married. She would be the one to tell our son why she started the divorce over my teaching him to shoot and buying him guns and she would be the one to leave the house because I plan to provide a place for our son to come home to stay when he is on break.

It was a very tense year or so but she realized I would not back down and our son loved to go shooting and when he graduated he was moving out of state and I would go with him because I have nothing holding me here. Our son also told her she was stupid that she would do this over guns.

We are both teachers just went on break. She asked me last Friday to take her shooting next week. We have known each other 38 years and been married 31 of those years. That is too many wasted years and wasted time arguing over guns.

If I had it to do over again, I would have never married her. Guns were not the only issue but just one of a few issues that I should not have compromised on because they are my core beliefs.

A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

--Librarian
Old 10-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Wow man, that's a powerful post. I was doing a lot of compromising with someone I was and am still a bit interested in. I need to reevaluate that.
Old 10-04-2015, 4:04 PM

(up front warning: off topic response)

Iswan,

If you don't like women who are heavily into guns, have assertive personalities, or are willing to do any sport they're physically capable of, you may be in the wrong forum. The Women's Forum writers tend to be just that type, although not all are. And we mostly think that shooting is a "sport", not "a men's sport". We think that 'self defense' is a non-gender issue and aren't standing around, waiting for someone to rescue us. Just so you know.

That said, everyone is welcome to post here, as long as they are civil and on-topic.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 10-04-2015, 4:29 PM
Calguns Addict

You seem to not understand everything I said and I could be clearer on 1-2 points. I personally don't like it it does not mean everybody does not like it or that someone is wrong because they have personal preferences. Just like some people like blondes and others like redheads.

If you read what I said I said I like a woman to take responsibility for her own safety. Nowhere did I state a woman shouldn't like guns if she so chooses or have a ccw and carry, in fact I encourage that. In a lifetime of shooting and owning guns though unfortunately the majority of women I've met that were heavily in to it were mainly doing it as an attention ploy. As always there was exceptions to this rule.

As an example I don't think I've ever personally known a female FFL where there was not a man behind the scenes financing it at least partially and running the show or had originally started the business and passed away and the wife kept if going for a few more years. Stranger things have happened, I met a couple at a gun show that were in to knitting and claimed they knew a good amount of men that were in to knitting. Maybe I should make some cozies for my rifles!

I rarely to never post on this subforum because I am not a woman but I noticed the title when it was first posted and I found the subject interesting. Woman or man, black or white or if you are a martian I support legal responsible gun ownership and carry if done for the right reasons and with maturity and will help anyone in that regard if I can and I have in the past quite a few times including women.

Yet another exception to this rule is I am extremely leery of bringing up with most people, especially women I'm interested in my extreme interest in guns so like the OP it has been an issue for me as well. I do not bring it up for a long time then I do so gradually and with hints. If I hear negative comments about guns I pretty much know the relationship may not work out.

I once almost got married to someone that said she was OK with guns but mentioned having a past ex that was really in to them and was also abusive to her. She would later on in relationship throw it in my face that I owned and liked guns as a way to get back at me. One of the various reasons it did not work out for us and I'm glad now I did not marry her.
Old 10-04-2015, 4:54 PM
Calguns Addict

This is an interesting counter point to an identical thread from a guy asking if he should tell a lady on their first date that he was carrying.

The one lady's adamant response was that if she found a guy was carrying a gun on their first date, she would immediately leave and never talk to him again. She's a gun owner. She just felt she was far too much at risk being with a guy with a gun on the first date. Thread here post 71

Just curious how ladies in this thread felt about discovering the guy was carrying on the first date.
Old 10-04-2015, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
This is an interesting counter point to an identical thread from a guy asking if he should tell a lady on their first date that he was carrying.

The one lady's adamant response was that if she found a guy was carrying a gun on their first date, she would immediately leave and never talk to him again. She's a gun owner. She just felt she was far too much at risk being with a guy with a gun on the first date. Thread here post 71

Just curious how ladies in this thread felt about discovering the guy was carrying on the first date.

If I was out with a man who revealed to me that he is carrying, I'd think it was hot! I'd probably want to launch into a discussion on firearms.

I see what the one female poster you linked to was trying to say - it *can* be dangerous and creepy to find out your first date has a gun on him. Like, is he going to try and rape me or what? BUT, concealed is concealed and the gentleman shouldn't be flashing it about or mentioning it. That's the same advice we gave the woman who started this thread.

That said....a regular, non-psycho dude carrying? Hot.

That's why I like cops and military men. They don't have an issue with my guns and I don't have an issue with their guns. I once went out on a date with a cop and he may or may not have been carrying, I don't know. I didn't ask nor did I "check his pockets". At one point in the conversation, we discussed knives and I mentioned the pretty rainbow Kershaw I had in my purse. His response was, "Girl, I don't need to know what you have." So, there ya go. He didn't even want to know what was in my purse.
Old 10-04-2015, 6:45 PM
Calguns Addict

I didn't even think about knives, that is also an issue too I guess. Carrying knives is so much a part of what I do that it is like wearing shoes or something I don't usually give it much thought that someone might not like it except in places like airport or court or states with strict knife laws.

I once this year pulled out a fairly large knife to cut open a box of coconuts in front of a woman I liked and had gone out with a few times she didn't say anything but I'm sure that could have been an awkward moment on a first date! It was in front of her house too.

Where things can be tricky too is when one works in the firearms industry I have at various times in my life it is harder to hide what your employment is. In a way it can be a self correcting problem as if someone has a problem with you working at a gun range or shop or something you know it probably won't work out anyhow. It is an interesting angle to be able to invite a date to come shoot a gun at your work after hours. I did do that 2-3x.
Old 10-04-2015, 7:48 PM

All of you gentlemen would do well to remember that all of us women here are already gun owners, gun supporters or at least willing to be okay with the notion. As BonnieB alluded to, the women here at CalGuns tend to be of the strong, independent, gun-totin' type. Therefore, I believe that our views towards a man with a gun or a knife will be more lenient.

However, if I'm being honest, I would imagine that the general, non-CalGuns woman on the street is far more likely to cringe or bolt for the door if her date had a gun or even a knife.

Talking to us CalGuns women about knives and guns is like preaching to a sexy, bad a** choir.
Old 10-04-2015, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
All of you gentlemen would do well to remember that all of us women here are already gun owners, gun supporters or at least willing to be okay with the notion. As BonnieB alluded to, the women here at CalGuns tend to be of the strong, independent, gun-totin' type. Therefore, I believe that our views towards a man with a gun or a knife will be more lenient.

However, if I'm being honest, I would imagine that the general, non-CalGuns woman on the street is far more likely to cringe or bolt for the door if her date had a gun or even a knife.

Talking to us CalGuns women about knives and guns is like preaching to a sexy, bad a** choir.
I can say it also depends on what part of the country you are in. I have spent significant time in areas of this country where nearly everyone is assumed to be armed and nobody gives a second thought. The mother of my step-father who lived in Idaho was always armed and so were her friends.

I lived there one summer and dated a couple of girls (I was 16) and the fathers made sure their daughters were armed when they went out. These young ladies could shoot. I took one shooting for a date when I discovered she carried. In that part of the country at that time, nobody gave a second thought to teens with guns out target shooting or carrying for protection while driving in the middle of no where or walking an the edge of town because of predatory animals such as bears and mountain lions.

As a high school teacher, I have found more young ladies than ever before are gun enthusiasts. Word gets around quickly that I am a gun friendly teacher. I also let students get credit for one missing assignment if they share with me some hobby or sport that they participate in. I need a picture. I have seen several young ladies who are shooting skeet, hunting, target shooting, or on various shooting teams. Those pictures I cannot keep because if seen by an administrator, it could create problems.

I do believe their will be more strong, independent, gun-totin' women in the future. That is what scares the progressives.

A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

--Librarian
Old 10-04-2015, 8:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
Sounds like I need to start spending more time in the ladies forum.

Old 10-04-2015, 9:49 PM
Calguns Addict

I was going to also bring that up that in certain areas of the country it may be less of an issue and be more acceptable. I planning moving permanently to AZ in next few years so hopefully I find that to be the case. I don't know if age and ethnicity, country of origin also come in to play.

I have dated foreigners and I tend to go out with women quite a bit younger than me with varying degrees of acceptance of my lifestyle and guns. A friend of mine took his very fresh off the boat GF to the shooting range in the getting to know you stages. I supplied the guns and ammo even though he has some he didn't know how she would react to that.

She wasn't too apprehensive and it went off well and she had fun. She's Chinese so I made sure to bring some Chinese guns and ammo, LOL.
Old 10-04-2015, 9:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If you can carry, do so. I wouldn't hesitate to carry on a date if it weren't unobtainium where I live.

The first 10 minutes of a date should be more than enough time to find out if you're compatible in that regard. If you're diametrically opposed politically, that can and frequently is detrimental to a long term relationship (especially in "modern times" where staying together through thick and thin has become divorce if we don't agree). You don't have to have everything in common, but the big stuff, 2A, religion, recreational shared interests etc. are vitally important.

That is not to say that some couples who are opposite can't make it work, but those differences can and will cause friction. Who needs that? Daily life can provide more than enough of that to last a lifetime. When I go home I want to be with a woman who has similar ideals and interests. A woman I can share my life with, not argue with and attempt to cajole to my side of the fence (or vice versa).

It reminds me of an old joke. (Insert you choice of gender)

Why is it that a woman marries a man, takes 15 years to change him, and then complains "he's not the man I married!"

If you're comfortable carrying, do it. If he doesn't like it, tough s**t, move on.

Personally, a woman who doesn't need me to protect her, but relies on us looking out for each other goes way beyond lots of other less important things.

Start with the big stuff, the 10th-11th-12th dates can be a time to figure out the small stuff.

JMHO.

Good luck!

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666

Last edited by SonofWWIIDI; 10-04-2015 at 9:58 PM..
Old 10-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime

Son, you've reminded me of this very old adage: men get married hoping she will never change; women get married hoping he will.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D