Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 07-11-2020, 7:50 PM

I have 5 magazines due to the oddball remainder in a box as well. Keep an eye out on ebay and on this website for the grips. I managed to secure the matte purple version way back. I'll post a pic of it later on but try not to tandemkross everything without getting used to it!

https://store.wirthweinguns.com/Brow...arts-s/130.htm
Old 07-12-2020, 4:47 AM
Veteran Member

Hey gang,

Got my Buck Mark Camper yesterday. Got it late in the day, almost closing time of the LGS. Today, I will have the time to strip and clean the piece. Will clean her up real good.

I am quite excited.....like going on a first date.

PS: Cleaned the piece a while ago. Disassembled the top (not the frame), remove the barrel, flushed the bore with Eds Red and Hoppes then scrubbed from the breach end. Took off all the thick white
factory grease everywhere and re lubricate. Reassembled the piece and she is ready. Took me all less than 30 minutes.

Last edited by DArBad; 07-12-2020 at 7:07 AM..
Old 07-12-2020, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezack87 View Post
I have 5 magazines due to the oddball remainder in a box as well. Keep an eye out on ebay and on this website for the grips. I managed to secure the matte purple version way back. I'll post a pic of it later on but try not to tandemkross everything without getting used to it!

https://store.wirthweinguns.com/Brow...arts-s/130.htm
I checked out that website, thank you. They are out of stock of most items. Was looking for the aluminum blue grips.
Old 07-12-2020, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArBad View Post
My 2 spare Browning Buck Mark magazines came in yesterday from CDNN. Very high quality Browning products indeed!

I should be able to pick up my Buck Mark Camper from my LGS on the 11th after the 10 day wait. We shall see, fingers crossed.
My magazines are stuck at a post office sorting center 30 miles from me. They have been there for several days and have an estimated delivery of this Thursday. I hate it when vendors say they are shipping UPS then do the UPS to USPS thing. It always gets delayed for several days for me. Midway is usually really quick. Funny I ordered the gun, it was shipped, paperwork completed, and a 10 day wait, all that happened before my magazines arrived.

Anyway, I will check with my FFL tomorrow and see if my pistol is ready to pick up.
Old 07-14-2020, 7:24 AM

I picked up my Buckmark yesterday evening and when I got home my Magazines had arrived. So, I gave the gun a cleaning and took it down to the range to try it out.

I am really impressed with how well it shoots. I was shooting cheap Federal bulk pack ammunition and it was shooting very tight groups. I have a feeling that with good ammo it would give my Model 41 a run for its money. I put about 200 rounds through it and had no ejection or feeding issues. I had one fail to fire, but upon inspection the primer strike looked good so I think it was a dud round not the gun.

I like the shape of the rubber grips but don’t really like the feel. I have a feeling that I will be replacing them with some wood grips.

I am a bit anal retentive with cleaning, I like to get my guns really clean after a range trip. Do you guys take the screws out and remove the slide when cleaning? I am curious how others clean their Buckmarks?
Old 07-14-2020, 8:39 AM

I've only taken it apart once to change the top strap. I've been using bore snake from breech to clean and final with patch from muzzle. Spray cleaner, brush and air for any crud in the action.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad H View Post
……...

I am a bit anal retentive with cleaning, I like to get my guns really clean after a range trip. Do you guys take the screws out and remove the slide when cleaning? I am curious how others clean their Buckmarks?
I took off the top strap, the slide, and the barrel. I disassembled the slide completely and removed the extractor, to see what I've got, and I flushed that area with my Eds Red. I am OCD too when it comes to cleaning my guns. To each his own I guess.

Is it necessary? Well to me, it is. That is why I do what I do. Still, one of these days, when I have the time, I will totally take it apart (including the frame and parts). I am quite busy lately, so the frame was spared earlier.

Last edited by DArBad; 07-14-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Old 07-14-2020, 2:48 PM
Veteran Member

I am kind of lazy, I took off the top strap, the slide, firing pin (the taper on the firing pin is on the right side of my BM), I keep the barrel and the extractor intact. Clean and apply a thin layer of oil on the moving area. I did not do anything on the frame. Pay attention on the metal wire ejector (attached to the frame), do not bend that metal wire.

When re-assemble the top strap I apply BLUE Lock Tite on the two screws.

I clean my BM after every range trip. The 22LR ammo is very filthy, about every 200/300 rds at the range I used a small piece of tissue (hand paper) clean the residue on: the breech, the feed ramp and firing pin surface. That is it.

Last edited by newbie1234; 07-14-2020 at 4:36 PM..
Old 07-30-2020, 8:33 PM

Save your Buckmark proof of purchase.
There's a cci rebate on 22lr if you also bought a 22lr firearm in 2020.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/promotions.html