Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamW View Post
I wonder if Plasti Dip spray would work?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plasti-Di...203-6/21015329
Probably wouldn't work too well long term because it's meant to be easily removed.
Old 08-16-2017, 2:08 PM

Skateboard or any other kind if gun grip tape that comes in sheets. You can try stippling too. I might go the grip tape route if its too slippery for me.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:35 AM

First impressions after getting back in town and putting this grip on a rifle. I like it. It is in my opinion the best available option so far for what I wanted. And what I wanted was something that was comfortable, not super ugly, not too expensive, light, and a solution that takes minimal effort to switch back to a normal setup when I go out of state. Switching the grip is all I'll really bother changing when I go to NV, AZ, etc.

This grip is going to benefit from having rounded buffer tube plate and a 45 throw safety.

That being said I do have some criticisms.

The main ones being the grip should be wider in the front. The front face of the grip should of been fully curved, varying degrees of differing radius curves. The grip has a flat face in the front that your fingers rest on and the corners curve as opposed to the whole front face being a wider complex curve. It does feel more like griping something with defined corners compared to something like an MOE or A2.

Speaking of the front face of the grip again. The texture ribs in the front. They are convex as opposed to being concave. The grip would of been more comfortable if these were done the opposite way.

Smaller critiques.
Could be blacker. The palm texture on the side could be a little more aggressive. If you squeeze it there is a little flex to it. If it had been designed with a bottom cap it probably would not do this. The grip just fits my hands so I imagine people with larger hands may of wanted the grip to come down a little more.

All in all I like it a lot.
Old 08-18-2017, 1:41 PM

I'm very impressed!

Last edited by JS41989; 08-18-2017 at 7:19 PM..