Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-09-2017, 9:28 AM

Angry Dont try to travel with a gun to NY

posted on the FB Calguns members, page got deleted
NY TSA Called police even-thou was package correctly with TSA rules for travel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyHzVsdWBfM

Last edited by Picturepro; 08-09-2017 at 9:36 AM..
Old 08-09-2017, 9:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

It's messed up.... but the lady who brought her gun to NYC for self defense... uneducated about the draconian laws in ny.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:50 AM

I always hated NY now I hate it even more. I will never go there unless I am forced kicking and screaming LOL
Old 08-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I hated NYC when I was stationed there in 1973. I would never go there on my own. It is worse now than ever before. The lady that got arrested for a loaded weapon paid 15,000 and ended up with a disorderly conduct charge was caught up in their "shake down" tactics. Why would anyone decide to move there or even visit?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Samuel Adams
Old 08-09-2017, 12:24 PM

That DA is a dbag..
Old 08-09-2017, 12:45 PM

The airline or the TSA who ever called local LE was wrong, they knew the lady was leaving town and had not caused any threat to anyone. The right thing to do would be to inform her this may not be a good way transport a weapon in NY and send her on her way. This nothing more than harassment and a shake down for money by NY officials.

Bottom line is there are some laws that states should not be allowed to enforce against non residents of that state especially when it's obvious that no harm was done or intended and the person is just traveling or leaving the state.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:07 PM

A shining example of the notion that if you travel with a gun you need to know the laws of every jurisdiction in which you travel with that weapon. I've carried my pistol (or pistols) everywhere I've gone since I got my permit 10 years ago. EXCEPT for New York. We went there 2 years ago in June and that was the only time I've been unarmed for longer than it takes me to shower.

The New York state laws are very strict, as are New Jersey's. The New York CITY laws are draconian, arbitrary, and strict. DON"T go there with your firearms. And if you do, at least be smart enough to fly into an airport outside of the city and drive yourself in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Old 08-13-2017, 12:27 AM
Calguns Addict

No words.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Old 08-13-2017, 4:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

It appears to be more accurate to say, "don't try to travel with a gun FROM New York". Send it home overnight mail instead.
Old 08-13-2017, 4:29 PM
Free at Last!
CGN Contributor

Don't drive with a gun or NRA stickers on your vehicle in Maryland either.

Last edited by ElvenSoul; 08-13-2017 at 6:32 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considerizer View Post
It appears to be more accurate to say, "don't try to travel with a gun FROM New York". Send it home overnight mail instead.
This could easily be fixed by the TSA not calling local LE if someone has a firearm in their checked baggage, local LE should not have access to TSA areas of the airport unless called by the TSA. Any problems with the way a firearm is packed should be settled between the passenger and the TSA but the stuff that NY and NJ pulls should have no place in a civilized society.