Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 05-19-2011, 7:52 AM

Question Question about Utah and Florida requirements for CCW

Question?

Are the requirements for Utah and Florida the same for a CCW class?

What I mean is that if I took a class for Utah CCW and now want to get my CCW for Florida, would the class I took (There was no live fire (Range time) in the Utah class) cover the requirements for a Florida CCW?

Specify do both NOT require live fire at a range?
Old 05-19-2011, 2:02 PM

Florida doesn't require live fire. They have several things that qualify. Here's a list
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/fir...mentation.html
Last thing on the list is "Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor".
A Utah course would qualify if your instructor is an NRA instructor. Call your instructor and ask. Several give out an additional certificate to send to Florida free, or for a nominal fee. Some charge a bunch for an additional cert

Last edited by SmokinMr2; 05-19-2011 at 2:03 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-19-2011, 2:07 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinMr2 View Post
Florida doesn't require live fire. They have several things that qualify. Here's a list
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/fir...mentation.html
Last thing on the list is "Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor".
A Utah course would qualify if your instructor is an NRA instructor. Call your instructor and ask. Several give out an additional certificate to send to Florida free, or for a nominal fee. Some charge a bunch for an additional cert
+1 to what was said. Most Utah CCW instructors are NRA certified instructors. At the end of class I do give my students a certificate to verify their completion of a training class.

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/
Follow us on Twitter here. YouTube channel available here. Like us on Facebook here. and on Instagram here.
CA DOJ Instructor, NRA Instructor, Multi-State CCW Instructor
UT / FL / VA / OR / AZ CCW Instructor
Semper Fidelis
Ps 144:1