Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 02-27-2014, 11:24 AM

Mine was delivered and received on the 25th. I sent it UPS with signature confirmation. I have the name of the individual that signed for it. Now for the waiting game
Old 02-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
My juvenile case was expunged but I was never convicted of anything, Should I mention this?
No, the question is were you "Convicted" of.... not arrested.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 PM

Question guys, way back when I was 20, I got a CVC 23224 violation. I plead no contest and paid a fine that's it. am I screwed if I apply for CCW at LASD ??

Last edited by Intel0116; 02-27-2014 at 12:36 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobler View Post
No, the question is were you "Convicted" of.... not arrested.
This is incorrect

There is more than one question pertaining criminal history. For the question regarding convictions you would put "no". However, you would put "yes" on page 10 under section 7. The question reads: "List any arrest or formal charges, with or without disposition, for any criminal offenses within the U.S. or any other country (civilian or military)"

Last edited by TacticalChihuahua; 02-27-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 12:49 PM

Basically they are asking you to disclose everything, regardless of outcome. If you think your specific case will fly under the radar then do whatever you want. It may not come up at all. But they are asking you to disclose everything under penalty of felony. Personally, I would disclose everything. Especially if I had to use my firearm and was involved in an incident I would want everything to be as transparent as possible if the topic of my criminal history came up. I am no lawyer, just my humble opinion...

Last edited by TacticalChihuahua; 02-27-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 1:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falz24 View Post
Basically they are asking you to disclose everything, regardless of outcome. If you think your specific case will fly under the radar then do whatever you want. It may not come up at all. But they are asking you to disclose everything under penalty of felony. Personally, I would disclose everything. Especially if I had to use my firearm and was involved in an incident I would want everything to be as transparent as possible if the topic of my criminal history came up. I am no lawyer, just my humble opinion...
Yup^^

I spoke to my lawyer and he basically said the same thing. Although my juvenile record has been sealed, it's probably best to make it known now, then have it come up later when they do a background check.
He also told me to visit the courts clerk office and pick up a certified copy of my docket.
Old 02-27-2014, 1:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is incorrect

There is more than one question pertaining criminal history. For the question regarding convictions you would put "no". However, you would put "yes" on page 10 under section 7. The question reads: "List any arrest or formal charges, with or without disposition, for any criminal offenses within the U.S. or any other country (civilian or military)"
True, I was answering abut the convicted and not the arrested question... Sorry. I thought they were the same question and then went back and reread.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 02-27-2014, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
Did you send it certified?
I sure did. I have the receipt and everything for it.

Last edited by TML; 02-27-2014 at 2:18 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 2:23 PM

Default What's up with LASD?

Are these guys doing all that they can to drag their feet? I sent my app in today. I guarantee that if they try to reject my self defense cause, I will seek legal counsel.
Old 02-27-2014, 2:24 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post

Perfect. This is why certified is the way to go.
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 02-27-2014, 2:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson1986 View Post
Are these guys doing all that they can to drag their feet? I sent my app in today. I guarantee that if they try to reject my self defense cause, I will seek legal counsel.
Better start shopping for a lawyer.
Old 02-27-2014, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Any sheriff candidate that wants to attend Hollywood events will be anti CCW.

That means all of them.
Where's Charlton Heston when you need him??!!

Actually it's not "all" of them. Here's a list of just a few. Some in Hollywood, some not. But they do attend events there.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/11-pro...hey-do-exist/#
Old 02-27-2014, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
Perfect. This is why certified is the way to go.
Right? Any time I have to sign for something, I always end up having to sign. Not quite sure how they weaseled their way out of it.
Old 02-27-2014, 2:58 PM

So, I'm seriously considering having my wife and I apply soon, but I was wondering what people thought about the application section that asks if you have applied previously and been rejected (section 2, question 2). We haven't ever applied, and I don't really want a rejection (due to LASD refusing to accept "self defense" as GC) messing things up when we re-apply later.

I am, of course, assuming it will be rejected the first time.

Or should I just man up and go for it?

Thanks!

Last edited by rocketsci; 02-27-2014 at 3:00 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsci View Post
So, I'm seriously considering having my wife and I apply soon, but I was wondering what people thought about the application section that asks if you have applied previously and been rejected (section 2, question 2). We haven't ever applied, and I don't really want a rejection (due to LASD refusing to accept "self defense" as GC) messing things up when we re-apply later.

Thanks!
Why is everyone so worried about a rejection? Ive been rejected multiple times.... It comes down to what is the reason for the rejection. If its because of bad moral character, prior convictions, or something of that sort I can understand. But if its procedural or because of no "Good cause" then whats the worry?
Old 02-27-2014, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsci View Post

Thanks!
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing ever since I submitted mine. At least they signed for my app with UPS and I have record of the signator's name. I can't believe they dodged the signature on someone's app!
Old 02-27-2014, 4:09 PM

Sent our applications in today (certified + signature confirmation) - for both me and the wife.

Both of us are very excited about the prospect of getting our LTC.

Last edited by 44.shooter.lb; 02-27-2014 at 4:13 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt85 View Post
The application asks for serial numbers of the guns you are listing. Does this mean I can not list a gun that I do not yet own but plan on buying if I am approved?
Anyone have insight on this? I want to get an additional pistol but haven't bought it yet. Could I list it on the app but leave the serial number portion blank?
Old 02-27-2014, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Anyone have insight on this? I want to get an additional pistol but haven't bought it yet. Could I list it on the app but leave the serial number portion blank?
I don't understand all the questions about these trivial things - why worry about it now?

Fill out the app with the gun you have now, then after you get a permit add a new one to it.

Everyone is overthinking things...just keep it simple.

Last edited by 44.shooter.lb; 02-27-2014 at 5:12 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44.shooter.lb View Post
I don't understand all the questions about these trivial things - why worry about it now?

Fill out the app with the gun you have now, then after you get a permit add a new one to it.

Everyone is overthinking things...just keep it simple.
To avoid additional paperwork in the future. I'd rather get it done in one shot, but thanks for your non-answer.
Old 02-27-2014, 8:28 PM

Quote:
To avoid additional paperwork in the future. I'd rather get it done in one shot, but thanks for your non-answer.
If you want to get it done in one shot, just buy the gun first and list it in the app before you submit.

If one could list a gun on the license without a serial number what would be the point of having to provide the gun info on the app in the first place? Being able to carry any legally owned and possessed handgun with a LTC like is possible in other states makes too much sense for CA!
Old 02-27-2014, 8:34 PM
Veteran Member

You can't leave the serial number blank. They will run all serial numbers to make sure you are the registered owner.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2014, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post

I wonder if they are receiving so many apps at once that they don't sign for each certified mail piece individually but in bulk?

This thread already has 10,000+ views so I hope that means that LASD is getting inundated with CCW apps just like OC and SD.

We'll have to see what happens next week with today's developments...
Old 02-27-2014, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel0116 View Post
Question guys, way back when I was 20, I got a CVC 23224 violation. I plead no contest and paid a fine that's it. am I screwed if I apply for CCW at LASD ??
no response's ????
Old 02-27-2014, 9:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
no response's ????
I would say no I've read in one of the other threads about guys with DUI convictions having been issued CCW. I think the important thing is to list that. If you don't, your "moral character" may come into question because they may think you tried to hide the fact. Be honest and list everything.
Old 02-27-2014, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdben92883 View Post
You can't leave the serial number blank. They will run all serial numbers to make sure you are the registered owner.
Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. Not sure what the snarky comments above are about. I'm mailing my app tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2014, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri A. View Post
I would say no I've read in one of the other threads about guys with DUI convictions having been issued CCW. I think the important thing is to list that. If you don't, your "moral character" may come into question because they may think you tried to hide the fact. Be honest and list everything.
thanks !
Old 02-27-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm777 View Post
I wonder if they are receiving so many apps at once that they don't sign for each certified mail piece individually but in bulk?

This thread already has 10,000+ views so I hope that means that LASD is getting inundated with CCW apps just like OC and SD.

We'll have to see what happens next week with today's developments...

I like your thinking and positive attitude. You are probably correct. The last thing I want them doing is spending time signing thousands of postal forms when they should be signing thousands of approvals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2014, 7:31 AM

A lot of people keep asking about not having the serial number for a gun that they want in the future. For better or worse, the dept is asking for the serial number for a reason. If you want to include a gun on the app and not have to deal with the sh*t show of trying to add it later then just go buy the gun today and write down the serial number off of the gun before DROS begins. The gun won't be in your posession for 10 days but you can get the serial number off of it the first day you go in to buy it. If you're not willing to pony up the money then you're gonna be stuck trying to add it down the road.

Last edited by TacticalChihuahua; 02-28-2014 at 7:38 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 8:49 AM

Very insightful thread...time to submit my application ASAP.

This may be my excuse to pick up a Glock 19...my Glock 17 and MK 25 P226 may be a bit too full sized to go concealed.

Last edited by yobless; 02-28-2014 at 10:01 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 9:28 AM

Welcome to calguns yobless and congrats on the first post. Calguns is a lifesaver, there is always insightful info here. Go get that 19! It's the all arounder. Such a great gun. I have two
Old 02-28-2014, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the welcome and for the bit of advice with the Glock...There is definitely a plethora of knowledge on this forum.

Time to go find a Glock 19

Quote:
Welcome to calguns yobless and congrats on the first post. Calguns is a lifesaver, there is always insightful info here. Go get that 19! It's the all arounder. Such a great gun. I have two
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 AM

Well, I just received notice that my app was delivered at LASD HQ. Sent it Certified mail. No signature even though I requested (and paid) for it !

Now I guess I just get to sit and wait to see how this saga all turns out!
“People who follow the rules can protect themselves and their families from people who don’t follow the rules. The Second Amendment should never be an afterthought. It should reside at the forefronts of our minds.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:28 AM

looks like san diego county is gong to do away with the interview stage to speed up the process... do you guys think they will do this for LA county? has anyone talked to the CCW section of LA county recently? are they getting bombarded with apps as well?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:36 AM

I heard threw the grape vine ( family member works for admin. portion of LASD) that they have gotten over 500 aps so far. ( unconfirmed tho so don't quote me)
Old 02-28-2014, 11:37 AM

edited. misread prior post....

Last edited by TacticalChihuahua; 02-28-2014 at 11:42 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I heard threw the grape vine ( family member works for admin. portion of LASD) that they have gotten over 500 aps so far. ( unconfirmed tho so don't quote me)
thats good news... hopefully everyone keeps the apps keep flowing into LASD.

i wonder how they are going to process them all or if they actually are going to modify there process...
Old 02-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SAM View Post
looks like san diego county is gong to do away with the interview stage to speed up the process... do you guys think they will do this for LA county? has anyone talked to the CCW section of LA county recently? are they getting bombarded with apps as well?
I think SD will take the application in first before doing the interview.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
On what basis? If you don't mind me asking...

This is the first I have heard of anyone getting a response
i believe he is stating that he received the response via the USPS not from LASD.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stphnman20 View Post
I think SD will take the application in first before doing the interview.
someone correct me if im wrong, but didn't SD say that if the case is upheld that they will remove the interview part ?