Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 10-21-2013, 6:49 PM

We were instructed to place our guns in front of us on our range bags when we lined up at 5 yards. There wasn't a time when a holster would have been used.
Old 10-21-2013, 7:25 PM

And don't be nervous. You'll shoot ten rounds total with a reload in between. You won't be graded on accuracy. Just be SAFE. That's the priority
Old 10-21-2013, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnut View Post
And don't be nervous. You'll shoot ten rounds total with a reload in between. You won't be graded on accuracy. Just be SAFE. That's the priority
I was nervous as hell! Haha I was the first group up and the brass from the first round fired by the person on my left landed right on my neck. The 5 rounds and reload felt like seconds.. Extremely quick.
Old 10-21-2013, 7:34 PM
membrum ex machina
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperP2005 View Post
I was nervous as hell! Haha I was the first group up and the brass from the first round fired by the person on my left landed right on my neck. The 5 rounds and reload felt like seconds.. Extremely quick.
The whole day went by really quick for me. I am interested in what the renewal class is like, kinda looking forward to it.
Mark 16:16
Old 10-21-2013, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASR10 View Post
The whole day went by really quick for me. I am interested in what the renewal class is like, kinda looking forward to it.
Any idea about adding to your permit? I have an idea but don't know/forgot most of the process.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 PM
membrum ex machina
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperP2005 View Post
Any idea about adding to your permit? I have an idea but don't know/forgot most of the process.
It's pretty easy. I believe they've restricted it to one time per calender year now. You call them and set up a time, then bring the gun(s) you want to add (Unloaded, action open, in a locked case), and a money order for (I think?) $15. The form you fill out will give you the option of removing and adding, in case you are trading one for another. Last time it took about 7 weeks for them to call me and tell me my revised license was ready. You turn in your old one and you're set.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member

Don't gripe about the wait time... no matter how long it takes in San Berdoo, it beats the L.A. County wait time... which is... NEVER. How's never look for you? Never works for the L.A. County chiefs and sheriff.
Old 10-22-2013, 8:47 AM
membrum ex machina
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Don't gripe about the wait time... no matter how long it takes in San Berdoo, it beats the L.A. County wait time... which is... NEVER. How's never look for you? Never works for the L.A. County chiefs and sheriff.
Hi there, I'm not sure if you were posting to me or not, but I would make it clear that I have offered no opinion on the wait-time in referring to modifying an ltc. I only relayed information. Though the length of time is extensive for all things ccw in SB, it should be understood that the wait is mostly related to limited staff and backlogging. I understand that the wait-time for initial issuance has shortened dramatically in the past year, and that's awesome.
Old 10-22-2013, 8:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

When I went through the process it took me around 18 months from start to finish.

My wife just got hers and it took her less than 6 months from start to finish. It is much quicker now.
Old 10-22-2013, 9:23 AM

Thanks to those that replied back RE: bringing holsters to the range day. Anyone else doing their range day on Nov 10th at Apple Valley Gun Club?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Oh, and they will say, "holster up after firing." This was in the class before we headed out to the range. I got nervous because I never used my holster before. But then it didn't matter when we got there and we didn't have to use it. Now we play the waiting game...
Old 10-22-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
It's pretty easy. I believe they've restricted it to one time per calender year now. You call them and set up a time, then bring the gun(s) you want to add (Unloaded, action open, in a locked case), and a money order for (I think?) $15. The form you fill out will give you the option of removing and adding, in case you are trading one for another. Last time it took about 7 weeks for them to call me and tell me my revised license was ready. You turn in your old one and you're set.
This is accurate. I just replaced one a few weeks ago. But . . .

After they take your money order and run your firearm, I had to schedule an appointment to requalify at Glen Helen. Same 10 rounds with a reload in between, 5 yards out.

You compete an index card, and he'll submit it to the department when you're done. Got the call to pick up the new card in about a week.
Old 10-22-2013, 6:39 PM
Veteran Member

Not directed at anyone at all. Mostly just lamenting that in L.A. County, it is more like don't even bother.