Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Tracy Rifle and Pistol
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 1:36 AM

Default Complaint Department

Gee, I "JUST" heard that you guys gave a Vietnam Combat vet a hard time a while back...

You told him he has no freedom of speech??

Gee, he went to war for this country, most likely went thru hell there then came back and has been going thru hell here, in the land he fought for.

In my opinion he has all the freedom of speech he wants, 'coz if it wasn't for guys like him that served this country, you guys won't be selling guns!!

And yes, any semi-assault weapon can be made to be FULL AUTO. Just buy the parts and drop them in, easy as pie.

From what I heard (lots of ppl are talking about this), is that what i typed in the last line is what set Mike off...slamming the guys gun bag on the counter, and tossing him out...is that good customer service? OR better yet, is it respect for this man that went to war when his country called him to do so??

I used to come in and buy stuff from you guys, I've had to endure lots of phases of attitudes...but this one takes the cake!!! I know of a bunch of ppl that will not even look at your store anymore, let alone shop there...and the list is growing.

Shame on you for disrespecting a Vietnam vet, and I should know as I'm a 'Nam vet too.

But no freedom of speech? Glad your not my congressman!

If I was you guys, find this guy and offer him an apology, if your a decent kind of guy...

ARE YOU?
Old 05-20-2011, 8:32 AM

I don't personally have an knowledge of the information quoted and I know there are two side to every story. My personal experience has always been good in this store. They have handled several PPT and Mike has helped me out several times with small misc parts. Like I said I don't know what happened as I was not there but I am sure there is more than one story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMalteseFalcon View Post
Gee, I "JUST" heard that you guys gave a Vietnam Combat vet a hard time a while back...

Gee, he went to war for this country, most likely went thru hell there then came back and has been going thru hell here, in the land he fought for.

In my opinion he has all the freedom of speech he wants, 'coz if it wasn't for guys like him that served this country, you guys won't be selling guns!!

And yes, any semi-assault weapon can be made to be FULL AUTO. Just buy the parts and drop them in, easy as pie.

From what I heard (lots of ppl are talking about this), is that what i typed in the last line is what set Mike off...slamming the guys gun bag on the counter, and tossing him out...is that good customer service? OR better yet, is it respect for this man that went to war when his country called him to do so??

I used to come in and buy stuff from you guys, I've had to endure lots of phases of attitudes...but this one takes the cake!!! I know of a bunch of ppl that will not even look at your store anymore, let alone shop there...and the list is growing.

Shame on you for disrespecting a Vietnam vet, and I should know as I'm a 'Nam vet too.

If I was you guys, find this guy and offer him an apology, if your a decent kind of guy...

ARE YOU?
Old 05-20-2011, 1:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

ARE YOU?

First off, I have to apologize. I did handle this situation poorly. That being said, I have the right to refuse service to anyone. I did not do that in this. We completed the PPT and he came back and picked it up, no drama.

Let me be clear, Vietnam Vet or not, this guy acted like a complete toolbag when he was here. Serving in the military does not give you the right to tell me I am going to go to jail for having the kind of store I do. I have two vets working for me and that has nothing to do with this.

He flat out said he hoped I went to jail and got my business shut down because all of the guns on the wall are illegal. They are clearly not illegal.

Im sorry his son had a rough encounter with police but it had nothing to do with the kind of guns I am selling.

As soon as I told him to leave he starts yelling about his "second amendment right" to free speech. Guess what? He DOESN'T have it in my shop. He then calls and insults to staff more over the phone. No need for that either.

He alienated other customers in the store by telling them they would go to jail if they have these types of guns and so on.

He is not welcome in the store. He went out of the way to insult me and the staff here, would not leave after being asked to, and made wild, uneducated, claims.

I could easily delete this thread and all but I will not do that. Like I said, I went a little overboard slamming the bag down but he pushed every button he could and more.

His freedom of speech does not extend to insulting me, my staff and my customers.

Last edited by PolishMike; 05-20-2011 at 1:19 PM..
Old 05-20-2011, 1:23 PM

I think im with PolishMike on this one...
Old 05-20-2011, 5:20 PM
Calguns Addict

I'll throw My 2 cents in on this. Just because the guy was a nam vet doesn't give him the right to fly off on a rant. I thank him for his service defending our country in a Very unpopular war. That being said Mike has the right as well as any business owner to refuse to do business with anyone for any reason. Yeah customer service is a Very important business tool for any business. However once a customer or potential customer crosses over the line and interrupts a business, customer service toward that individual ceases to exsist. Mike has stated he didn't handle the situation correctly which he apologized for here on this public forum. I have to agree with Mike on this one.
Old 05-20-2011, 7:46 PM

I've only been to T.R.A.P. twice, but both times were good experiences.
Old 05-24-2011, 8:53 PM

WOW!! Boy you to stretch the truth don't you!!

For one thing "I"M THAT VIETNAM VET!"

Yes, it was me that was there telling the fellow I was dealing with that any semi-auto can be made into full. We were engaged in a PRIVATE conversation. We were not talking to you, we did not say anything to you, and we did not direct any comments to you.
You involved yourself in someone else's conversation, period.

I did not say anything about you or anyone else going to jail....that's a lie on your part.

Nor did I say that anyone else in your store was going to jail...that's also a lie on your part.

At the time you started screaming that you have no full auto weapons in your shop...No one said you did...your twisting things around to save face. I never said anything about you having full auto weapons anywhere. Besides I don't give a rats a** if you do! That's your affair if you do, I don't care what the hell you have.

It was you that went into a full rant, slamming my pistol bag, the magazine that was in it went flying. After I left I called and asked one of your staff (who acted more professional then you did), if the mag was damaged. That's all, there were no insults exchanged, and there were no ill words uttered. I just wanted to know if my property (that's entrusted to you for safe keeping), was OK. That's all, period.

I did not insult anyone. I was simply stating (twisted law enforcement), facts from a gun case that is ongoing in San Mateo County. Period, there was no mention of your goods being full auto or illegal which is what you stated in your store at the time of the incident.

You involved yourself in a private conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with you, your merchandise, your staff or the few customers you had that time of morning.
Mike you jumped the gun and got involved in something that had nothing to do with you.

I was not implying anything about your store; it was you that went into the rant.

Simply because the “other” person isn’t around…well that other person is here.

NOW if it’s not me, how would I know about the call regarding the mag in the pistol bag?

Regarding me leaving when you told me too, you had my pistol. The paperwork was just started. You did not give me my pistol and tell me to go elsewhere. Perhaps I was to forfeit my property to your urging me to leave your store? NO, you did not want me to leave. You did not want to refuse me service…You did not tell me to go elsewhere. You simply sulked away; your staff handled the rest. But you did tell me to get the F**K out of your store…at the end of your rant. And if you didn’t have my property, I would of have gladly left…with no drama. No Mike, you didn’t want me to go; if so, you would have handled it much more differently.

Also, I’d like to know, how come when I came and picked up my pistol, why you never made mention that I’m not welcome and not to come back again?? You just sat there, head bent down, ignoring me. You could have told me then not to come back and patronize your business. When I first went into your store, I didn’t plan on drama, when I came back the second time, there was no drama, I don’t like drama. If you didn’t fly into the rant you did, there would have not been any drama. I have no reason to come to Tracy, let alone come to your shop. So, not to worry about me showing up on your door, it’ll never happen.

But none of this matter, as you’ll most likely delete this posting soon as you read it…only ways to wipe the egg off your face…

And this brings closure on my part…no more comments from me on this…best of luck to you.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
WOW!! Boy you to stretch the truth don't you!!

For one thing "I"M THAT VIETNAM VET!"
Shows how mature you are. Also shows that you are clearly a person that likes to lie and play games.

Quote:

Yes, it was me that was there telling the fellow I was dealing with that any semi-auto can be made into full. We were engaged in a PRIVATE conversation. We were not talking to you, we did not say anything to you, and we did not direct any comments to you.
You involved yourself in someone else's conversation, period.
Crap. You straight up pointed to the wall and said everything I have in the store is illegal.

Quote:
I did not say anything about you or anyone else going to jail....that's a lie on your part.

Nor did I say that anyone else in your store was going to jail...that's also a lie on your part.
You may not remember it but you did. The other employees and customers that were in the shop will be glad to refresh your memory.

Quote:
At the time you started screaming that you have no full auto weapons in your shop...No one said you did...your twisting things around to save face. I never said anything about you having full auto weapons anywhere. Besides I don't give a rats a** if you do! That's your affair if you do, I don't care what the hell you have.
Why would I start "screaming" that if you had not accused me of it. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Look in the post above. What is a "semi-assault weapon"?

Quote:
It was you that went into a full rant, slamming my pistol bag, the magazine that was in it went flying. After I left I called and asked one of your staff (who acted more professional then you did), if the mag was damaged. That's all, there were no insults exchanged, and there were no ill words uttered. I just wanted to know if my property (that's entrusted to you for safe keeping), was OK. That's all, period.
Yes, I did slam the bag down. I have apologized for that. You are flat out lying again. You called back and were ranting about your "second amendment" right to free speech.
Quote:

I did not insult anyone. I was simply stating (twisted law enforcement), facts from a gun case that is ongoing in San Mateo County. Period, there was no mention of your goods being full auto or illegal which is what you stated in your store at the time of the incident.

You involved yourself in a private conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with you, your merchandise, your staff or the few customers you had that time of morning.
Mike you jumped the gun and got involved in something that had nothing to do with you.
Sorry but again crap. You were telling the gentleman you were doing the PPT with in the store that everything I was selling was illegal. That IS my business.
Quote:
I was not implying anything about your store; it was you that went into the rant.

Simply because the “other” person isn’t around…well that other person is here.

NOW if it’s not me, how would I know about the call regarding the mag in the pistol bag?

Regarding me leaving when you told me too, you had my pistol. The paperwork was just started. You did not give me my pistol and tell me to go elsewhere. Perhaps I was to forfeit my property to your urging me to leave your store? NO, you did not want me to leave. You did not want to refuse me service…You did not tell me to go elsewhere. You simply sulked away; your staff handled the rest. But you did tell me to get the F**K out of your store…at the end of your rant. And if you didn’t have my property, I would of have gladly left…with no drama. No Mike, you didn’t want me to go; if so, you would have handled it much more differently.
I did not have YOUR pistol. It was a PPT. It was still the Seller's pistol.

Quote:
Also, I’d like to know, how come when I came and picked up my pistol, why you never made mention that I’m not welcome and not to come back again?? You just sat there, head bent down, ignoring me. You could have told me then not to come back and patronize your business. When I first went into your store, I didn’t plan on drama, when I came back the second time, there was no drama, I don’t like drama. If you didn’t fly into the rant you did, there would have not been any drama. I have no reason to come to Tracy, let alone come to your shop. So, not to worry about me showing up on your door, it’ll never happen.

But none of this matter, as you’ll most likely delete this posting soon as you read it…only ways to wipe the egg off your face…

And this brings closure on my part…no more comments from me on this…best of luck to you.
I will not delete this. Your post is COMPLETE crap and you know it.

Last edited by PolishMike; 05-25-2011 at 10:52 AM..
Old 05-25-2011, 1:22 PM

Perhaps my tattoo, my DD214 & medals that I earned while in service are a lie too?

I served my country, you didn't...I would never lie about something like serving my country.

Now you are threading on thin ice...that is a slap in the face for someone who served.
I'm proud to of served my country when it called for me to go.

If I wasn't a vet, I would not belong to the American Legion, nor the Fleet Reserve ***.

Two military organizations that look at your military past, including your DD-214 which in case you don't know is proof of your service to what every branch you served in.
I am a Vietnam veteran, how come you never joined up and do your duty to your country?
And no any semi auto can be made into full auto. That statement was not implying that your store carries full auto.

Mike your a lair and like to twist things around...what are you Perry Mason?

Now you grow up...

Yes, it was my pistol as I paid for it...paper work is simply bull**** on the DOJ's part to control all guns...

Continue to believe your right but you involved yourself in a conversation that had nothing to do with you...nothing at all... and for this I'm wrong?

Mike get a life...mind your own when dealing with what other ppl say. Unless they are directed to you, which in this case they were not. It was a private conversation.

You have a warped sense of thinking...no one can say anything in front of you??

Funny but when the seller and I went outside, he himself stated that YOU where wrong, and I was right. He did not want to go somewhere else to PPT the gun, so we concluded the PPT there. Otherwise we would of gone elsewhere...it was the sellers call. And only because he came from a distance to make the deal. Tracy was half way from both our home location. I would of preferred Stockton, but he was in a rush. And yes, I've done business in Stockton, with fantastic rep-or on every ones part.

Technically you did have my pistol. As per the law, you are in possession for 10 days. So you held on to my pistol, you had my gun not I. Unless you work things diff then what the law is suppose to be...???

Every one has the right to diff views, but in front of you no one does...

I don't care what you say or twist around, those that where with me that day, know the truth.

And again, NO one said you had full auto weapons in your store...now go and twist this around again....

This is the end for me...you have shown what type of ignorant person you really are...

Next time mind your own affairs when some one is talking, if the conversation is not directed to you, mind your own business.
Old 05-25-2011, 1:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Perhaps my tattoo, my DD214 & medals that I earned while in service are a lie too?

I served my country, you didn't...I would never lie about something like serving my country.

Now you are threading on thin ice...that is a slap in the face for someone who served.
I'm proud to of served my country when it called for me to go.

If I wasn't a vet, I would not belong to the American Legion, nor the Fleet Reserve ***.

Two military organizations that look at your military past, including your DD-214 which in case you don't know is proof of your service to what every branch you served in.
I am a Vietnam veteran, how come you never joined up and do your duty to your country?
And no any semi auto can be made into full auto. That statement was not implying that your store carries full auto.
I did not say you didn't serve the country. I said you lie and like to play games by not admitting who you were in the thread.

Quote:
You have a warped sense of thinking...no one can say anything in front of you??

Funny but when the seller and I went outside, he himself stated that YOU where wrong, and I was right. He did not want to go somewhere else to PPT the gun, so we concluded the PPT there. Otherwise we would of gone elsewhere...it was the sellers call. And only because he came from a distance to make the deal. Tracy was half way from both our home location. I would of preferred Stockton, but he was in a rush. And yes, I've done business in Stockton, with fantastic rep-or on every ones part.

Technically you did have my pistol. As per the law, you are in possession for 10 days. So you held on to my pistol, you had my gun not I. Unless you work things diff then what the law is suppose to be...???

Every one has the right to diff views, but in front of you no one does...
You absolutely can say what you want. However, as soon as you start INSULTING ME, MY STAFF, and MY BUSINESS you have over stepped and will be asked to SHUT UP. If this is not to your liking, I will be more than happy to come to your house, or your place of business and continuously berate you.

Quote:

Next time mind your own affairs when some one is talking, if the conversation is not directed to you, mind your own business.
Again with the sense that you own everything. You are in MY business, talking about MY business and its not MY business? REALLY?
Old 05-25-2011, 2:00 PM

just thought I would add, my best friends dad fought in Vietnam and was shot twice fighting in Vietnam. Not one time have I ever heard him sling the fact that he fought in Vietnam to try to gain sympathy.

Shame on you for trying to use your past service to gain a foothold in a ridiculous argument.

I don't live anywhere near this gun shop nor have I ever been, but I highly doubt a well established gun shop would be stupid enough to sell illegal items when random unannounced checks are a regular venture in california.

Also, the second amendment has nothing to do with free speech so I hope you studied the bill of rights before you went off to protect them.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:37 PM

Having had run-ins similar to this in the past in the shops I have worked in, I will take Mikes side 110% of the time. (also seeing the exchange in this thread)

Starting a thread and concealing your identity untill confronted is quite childish and pathetic.

thank you for your service, stand proud, don't throw it around to try and gain clout.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 AM

You absolutely can say what you want. However, as soon as you start INSULTING ME, MY STAFF, and MY BUSINESS you have over stepped and will be asked to SHUT UP. If this is not to your liking, I will be more than happy to come to your house, or your place of business and continuously berate you.

Hmmmmm. this sounds like a threat to me...Seems like I need to call an file a report on you!

NO one insulted you your staff or anyone!!!

But Mike it's you that have over stepped your boundaries not me..

I did not threaten you, I did not mention anything in anyway to harm anyone.

I did not insult your staff or you or degrade your shop.

All this 'coz you involved yourself in a conversation that had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!!

You have my address, you know where I reside. I don't know jack about you and don't want to know! I don't care anything about you!

I would NEVER say I will come to you and harass you! NEVER! I don't for that drama, perhaps you base your life style on it, I don't! I'm not that sort of person to do that!

I would NEVER threaten anyone over anything!! Your just a bully hiding behind a gun shop! You won't admit that it was not your conversation in the first place. Your just a nosy person to listen in on someones conversation, period!

Sling your mud, toss around opinions...I don't give a rats ***!

If Mike didn't lie in my reply, I wouldn't of said anything. It would of been the end.

Now I am going to delete my subscription to this tread, as I don't want to be bothered by the comments you idiots will post.

I know what happened that day. Two other ppl know too.

So, grow up and move along with your pathetic life's.....

So you SHUT UP AND GROW UP!

THIS IS THE END...UNLESS YOU SHOW UP AT MY DOOR....LET IT BE!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 AM

If accusatory statements are made in HIS shop, possibly jeopardizing HIS business, then he has every right to interject.

that said, as I stated before. The creation of this thread and the name calling shows your maturity level. I would tend to expect more from someone your age and with your life experience.

oh well. can't win them all right?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hmmm there's three sides to every story, person A's, person B's, and the truth. I'm more likely to believe Mike in this. He seems to have personal accountability for the situation to admit he messed up, and apologized for slamming the bag down. As for the other dude... ...why make an attempted rumor spreading drama post and then claim you don't like drama?

Also, I have SEVERAL war vets in the family. Korean, 'Nam, Gulf, and Iraq. Not a single one of the expects anything for their service, lets alone demands it. Thank you for your service, but it is COMPLETELY irrelevant to this scenario.

Fascist pig....
Old 05-26-2011, 7:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Glad that the OP prefers to do business in Stockton, and no longer has any reason to come to Tracy, since according to the post's above he "prefer's to do business in Stockton."

This sad attempt at a complaint sounds indicitive of the type's that come out of Stockton. Wasn't Stockton recently named " the most Miserable city in America???

.....Just saying.

I thought Veterans were of a thicker skin. This problem should have been addressed face to face like a man would deal with things, not aired out on an internet forum in a childish manner.

Get over it....and stay in Stockton where your happy?

Mike and staff at TRP, keep up the good work!
Old 05-26-2011, 7:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Maltese,

I am an Operation Enduring Freedom vet x2. That doesn't give me a free pass to be a Richard Cranium.

I thank you for your service, but your conduct in this thread and in Mike's store is a discredit to those that have served in combat but remain quiet professionals with regards to their service.
My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.
Old 05-26-2011, 8:07 AM

nuff said
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ohdramaimage.jpg (6.4 KB, 130 views)

Operators don't call 911!!!!

"Victoria Per Paratus"
Old 05-26-2011, 8:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Lol, this has been entertaining, but as all good things, it must come to an end.