Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2018, 7:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
I can attest to the fact that atleast one reciever only multi cal application has been approved, with letter in hand.
And that would justify a lawsuit as there appears to be an inconsistency in how they approve/disprove an application. This is a roulette wheel, spin for result.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 09-20-2018, 10:23 AM

I have spoken to the doj on 3 different occasions. All of mine got kicked back with the “we need more info. Like is it a frame only.” They have been saying to just submit an issue log, I’m escilating it to my manager and lastly is we are aware of the issue that you cannot reply back on the site due to the error message and management is reviewing it they are well aware of the problem. Nothing is ever probaly going to resolved so it looks like most of us that are trying to abide by the law are SOL and now criminals. The doj really need to fix this major screw up.
Old 09-26-2018, 6:23 PM

Well I just got the dreaded email with incomplete status and the following message

"•Please identify which caliber you would like, recorded under your name. The Automated Firearms System is only able to capture one caliber."

I thought including pictures of my lower receiver showing that it says MULTI for caliber would make a difference, but apparently it makes no difference. These people are complete idiots.

By the way these idiots misspelled the word interchangeable on their website.
Old 09-27-2018, 4:19 PM

Looks like they fix the error. Resubmitted my applications with updates. Now back to in progress status
Old 09-27-2018, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69ELKY View Post
Looks like they fix the error. Resubmitted my applications with updates. Now back to in progress status
Thanks for the update! I just went in and resubmitted mine and verified that it is, in fact, a "Receiver Only." It went through, now to see what they will do with it.

My other two home built handguns were accepted and I got letters for them this week.
Old 09-27-2018, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Nice find! I was able to update my pistol submission as well.
Old 09-28-2018, 6:17 PM

Quote:
So for us that has a lower engraved “Multi” do we still selecet interchangeable?
Old 09-28-2018, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertskiii View Post
So for us that has a lower engraved “Multi” do we still selecet interchangeable?
Mine says Multi and I resubmitted with actual caliber. Lets see how it plays out. My feeling is they will now ask for a picture of the caliber stamp on the barrel.
Old 09-28-2018, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlazito View Post
Mine says Multi and I resubmitted with actual caliber. Lets see how it plays out. My feeling is they will now ask for a picture of the caliber stamp on the barrel.
Funny I just did the same thing since they state the system can only accept 1 caliber. Lets see how this goes.
Old 09-29-2018, 3:07 PM

Yes, worked for me as well. I was able to finally submit it without it being rejected as post July 1st.
Old 10-02-2018, 9:28 AM

I was able to resubmit pics as well. My lower is marked multi. I chose 556x45 in the options
Old 10-07-2018, 11:50 AM

I submitted my CFARS reg back in June and to date I still haven't heard anything. So I sent a email inquiry, doubt I'll hear anything anytime soon

-Tim Kennedy
Old 10-07-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackote View Post
I submitted my CFARS reg back in June and to date I still haven't heard anything. So I sent a email inquiry, doubt I'll hear anything anytime soon
A pleasant sounding unidentified woman called me back from a blocked number the morning of the next business day. Said they currently have a 120 day response time (it was slightly over 90 days at that point, which I noted in the email.) Said they are extremely backed up due to all the volregs and AW regs prior to the June 30 deadline.
Old 10-08-2018, 2:51 PM
Veteran Member

My 2 hand guns went to "in progress" on September 9, still no mail concerning the two submissions.

If they did fix the cfar resubmissions, then awesome. I'll get on working my two rifles, finally.

Last edited by BucDan; 10-08-2018 at 2:55 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 12:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What's the email address it comes from? Or subject line of the email, etc? I feel like I should have received something by now, but get so many dang emails, I'm afraid I might have missed it in all of the junk.
John 10:10

iTrader: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1888351
Old 10-10-2018, 1:10 PM
Veteran Member

Numpty,

bofcris@doj.ca.gov

Is the sender.

The subject line is very obvious. Check your spam. That's where it went for me, with Microsoft's email service outlook.com
Old 10-10-2018, 1:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I sent no pics with application for 6 self built 80% using volreg before deadline.Have not heard a word.
Old 10-10-2018, 1:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks BucDan.

Nothing in my search and my spam deletes after 30 days. So if it came before 9/10 it's gone, but I'm thinking nothing has come since I was one of the procrastinators.

Old 10-10-2018, 1:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
I sent no pics with application for 6 self built 80% using volreg before deadline.Have not heard a word.
I guess I'm in the same boat.

Old 10-10-2018, 2:26 PM

Good news!

I was able to resubmit my applications as of 9/28 when everyone else was posting that resubmissions we're allowed. I included the caliber for each application in addition to including the requested 4 pictures of the SNs, full left side, full right side, and magazine release. Not all of my applications requested pictures but I assumed that they would end up requesting them and provided them anyways. Yesterday and today, I received the following email:

From: bofcris@doj.ca.gov Toemail address) Subject: California Firearms Application Reporting System (CFARS) Submission Confirmation Notice (Name and address) The California Department of Justice has received your electronic application and will begin processing your submission. You will be notified of the results via U.S. Mail. If you have any questions, please use the Report an Issue feature in the CFARS application https://cfars.doj.ca.gov.

This is the first time I have received this type of message and it appears that this is moving the process along. Apparently, they are happy with what was provided and will record my firearms.

I have received this notice for 5 of my 9 applications. When I check the "My CRIS Transaction History" on the CFARS website, it does not show any change to any of the statuses.

However, today I received an "Incomplete" notice for one receiver for which I only had the grip, magazine release, bolt catch, and fire control group. They sent the following message:

Per the photos you have attached please verify your answer to the question "receiver only?".

So it looks like you are supposed to select receiver only if there is no upper, buffer tube, and buttstock.

However, it looks like the window to resubmit is closed again. I cannot resubmit with the requested changes. I guess I need to go back to checking the system on a daily basis.

I hope this information helps.
Old 10-10-2018, 2:47 PM

Second update, I received incomelete notices for the 3 other receivers that had buffer tubes and buttstocks. What I have learned is:

If you have an upper on your receiver, then "receiver only?" = "No"

If you don't have an upper then "receiver only?" = "Yes"

In addition, I was able to resubmit my applications. It seems like our accounts are locked while they are examining the applications or they need to enable a setting on their end that allow us to resubmit the applications.

Good luck to you all.
Old 10-10-2018, 2:52 PM

^^^ I also received 3 confirmations emails but I have no idea for which application. The email doesn’t specify.

I have 3 P80s volreg, 1 AR receiver only volreg, and 2 BBAW applications.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:20 AM

Has anyone successfully gotten approval for registering their 80% milled out receivers when they have checked the receiver only box? All I got after sending an issues email is absolutely no response. Where do I go from here to get approval?
Old 10-14-2018, 11:55 AM

Has anyone successfully gotten approval for registering their 80% milled out receivers when they have checked the receiver only box? All I got after sending an issues email is absolutely no response. Where do I go from here to get approval?
Old 10-19-2018, 8:42 PM

Any updates on submitted pics?
Old 10-19-2018, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customiiguy View Post
Any updates on submitted pics?
Read my post above. Still waiting on the paper snail mail acceptance confirmation for the 5 fully built receivers and still waiting to hear back on the 4 "receiver only" applications.if they are sufficient to pass on to the next step.
Old 10-20-2018, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdutch View Post
I received my approval letter for my 80% AR milled out receiver only. Initially got rejected asking me to confirm that it is a receiver only. Finally made my corrections when the system reopened back up on 9/27 and received the acceptance email 2 weeks ago and the approval letter this week.

Still waiting approval of 1 more volreg and 2 BBAW applications.
Old 10-22-2018, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicantePeperoni View Post
Read my post above. Still waiting on the paper snail mail acceptance confirmation for the 5 fully built receivers and still waiting to hear back on the 4 "receiver only" applications.if they are sufficient to pass on to the next step.
Did they ask you for 4 pics?
Old 10-22-2018, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customiiguy View Post
Did they ask you for 4 pics?
They did ask for pics on the 2 AK rifles that we're not marked MULTI but I ended up providing pics for all the rifles.
Old 10-24-2018, 7:13 PM

How about this, Got 4 incomplete notices saying three I registered as bare frame/receivers needed to be verified as bare receivers and 1 pump action rifle registered with a 20 inch barrel, needing me to verify if it is a bare receiver or a complete firearm and if it is complete, how long the bbl is. SO, I try and log onto CFARS, it says my password is expired and to use "forgot psw" lint to reset. Do the not a robot thing and security Qs, an e-mail with a link is sent but the link, isn't. Can't click, can't cut and paste. Ended up "reporting an issue" and attaching the a PDF of the printed completed apps with the info they need verified along with a call me number. This is POOP! Who is leading the lawsuit? I'll join.
Old 10-25-2018, 7:30 AM

Just got some good news. Long story short, my App was kicked back on 8/3/18 due to interchangeable barrels selected, wasn’t able to change it til they fixed their website around 9/27 ish? Then they requested photos of the build. Sent in photos on 10/9 and this morning just receive an email stating: The California Department of Justice has received your electronic application and will begin processing your submission. You will be notified of the results via U.S. Mail. If you have any questions, please use the Report an Issue feature in the CFARS application. If i can recall this is the same message I got when my others were approved. Yay
Old 10-25-2018, 9:24 AM

^Nice! I guess I should be getting the same email shortly. I included photos from the start. My application got kicked on Sept. 26th and I did the correction on 27th.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:35 AM

Got an email also
The California Department of Justice has received your electronic application and will begin processing your submission. You will be notified of the results via U.S. Mail. If you have any questions, please use the Report an Issue feature in the CFARS application http
Old 10-25-2018, 10:46 AM

Just recieved my email a few minutes ago to.
I have multi engraved but chose the the specific caliber.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2018, 6:57 PM

I cant upload pics to cfars for my unique serial number application. can anyone help. I am registering a receiver only.
Old 10-28-2018, 8:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjenne View Post
I cant upload pics to cfars for my unique serial number application. can anyone help. I am registering a receiver only.
You don't upload pictures when requesting a serial number.
Old 10-29-2018, 9:45 PM

Don't they have you submit pictures after you engrave your CA-DOJ SN within 10 days of issue?
Old 10-30-2018, 9:47 PM

I went through the whole process, got serial numbers for two lowers, did the engraving and successfully uploaded pictures when requested (webpage displayed message "files uploaded successfully"). Got a notice today that both applications were rejected because I never uploaded pictures. The website is either broken or there are some folks there that want to make the process impossible. Just my 2 cents
Old 10-30-2018, 11:19 PM

Did one USNA in September still says images in review. Has been a month so far.
Old 10-31-2018, 6:42 AM

Got two incomplete emails. One is for interchangeable barrel, they want a caliber and want pictures. The other everything must be fine but they want pictures for some reason.