Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 01-06-2019, 3:18 PM

Im speculating but i think its logic that a Prop 65 warning label or notice will soon be followed by a ban--"things known to CA to cause cancer cannot be sold in CA." This will cause new recipes for items that we always took for granted. Maybe a basketball has to be made of new materials, or the MFR wont do it and simply not ship basketballs to CA anymore.

Thats not all. Warnings about allergies is expanding too. On facebook we tested this by inviting about 200 people to a dinner party and I asked to know what foods should we avoid serving due to allergies, fears of cancer, fears of illness, etc. The responses encompassed the entire spectrum of food. Within a random group of people there are allergies to fruits, veg, fish and meats. People took it further by saying exposure to TV rays, paper, plastic, cotton, nylon, etc causes vomiting or rashes or headache or something. They took it further by asking we not serve sodas, coffee, milk or water because of whats contained in those. I said, OK, the party is off because we wont have anything to serve.

Under this govt it could be expected that Prop 65 will begin expanding to bans, and that will be followed by some other proposition to warn about allergies, like they do for peanut allergies on certain products. "Handling ammo may cause allergic reactions" and "handling this gun, composed of these materials, is known to accelerate allergies" sort of thing.

Given my facebook experiment, there is no product or food or anything that can be made 100% safe for everyone. Whenever I see an item gone from the shelf now, the few companies that reply to me about it cite Prop 65. Nobody says so but its an easy guess that one ripe lawsuit against the company from a customer who was exposed to cancer-causing ingredients in gun stuff can wipe out profits and so its just easier and cheaper to stay out of the CA market. Of course, what happens when Prop 65 expands nationally? Then its all new materials in construction of items or the items will cease being made.

We are right now re-living 70's Saturday Night Live episodes. Do you older guys remember Dan Akroyd playing the sinister toy manufacturer who made unsafe toys and didnt care? Companies make guns or widgets from materials according to profits, not whats safe or best for a consumer. We dont know, maybe polymer lowers really do cause cancer for what chemicals there are in them. Maybe continued exposure to aluminum and nickel really are extremely unsafe and none of us have ever heard of a gun or cooking pot manufacturer ever warning us that their products could make us sick. Now, laws are being slowly put against the Dan Akroyds out there and the manufacturers who we always trusted to have our backs are feeling the heat because most of them are likely guilty of something they would rather not come to light. And we never ask them whats really in their products. We want to do business but consider we are human beings too. Maybe Prop 65 doesnt go far enough and THAT is what I think is going to change-- and maybe for the good because its going to force them to re-think their materials to actually reduce health risks. In itself, that isnt a bad thing but in the future of consumerism its a gigantic thing and Prop 65 is the wedge being driven into that stone. Is this all hocus pocus nonsense and there is nothing at all to worry about? Dont know, but one thing is for sure, Dan Akroyd would certainly think so.
Old 01-07-2019, 7:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Mge wholesale stopped shipping to me. I only use them for Kimber though so nothing of value was lost

Sent from Mobile, visit us at https://www.2azone.com

We have Atlas gun works single shot 2011 available! If it is on their website we can get it for you.

We have single shot AR pistols in stock!

website
Old 01-07-2019, 8:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

A customer got two lowers and I got this, so I sent them this today. And good to go:
Old 02-08-2019, 9:02 AM

Has anyone heard if Zanders has started shipping CA orders again? I have other distributors who are shipping to CA so I can usually find the firearms and ammo I need, but Zanders was my one distributor with a full line of shooting related sporting goods.

I don't have a storefront so I'm a bit limited on who will sell to me. Are there any other distributors out there that will sell to non-storefront FFLs? I currently have accounts with Lipseys, Davidsons, Zanders, and MGE.
Old 02-08-2019, 9:15 AM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardo1895 View Post
Has anyone heard if Zanders has started shipping CA orders again? I have other distributors who are shipping to CA so I can usually find the firearms and ammo I need, but Zanders was my one distributor with a full line of shooting related sporting goods.

I don't have a storefront so I'm a bit limited on who will sell to me. Are there any other distributors out there that will sell to non-storefront FFLs? I currently have accounts with Lipseys, Davidsons, Zanders, and MGE.
If you're looking for just accessories and the like, RSR. RSR sells guns too, just not to homebased FFLs.