Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 11-17-2017, 7:17 AM

Default Tehema Woman Defends Family from Shooter

This Tehama woman used her own pistol to fend off the Tehema shooter:

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/moth...vail/492571491

So many lessons from the horrible tragedy.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

And those four stupid people that she asked for help while bleeding with gunshot wounds.... one of them even declined to help because she was "late for work".... just sad what kind of people there are in our communities.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Those people that didn't help her are Cowards.... COWARDS.

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLivesMatter View Post
And those four stupid people that she asked for help while bleeding with gunshot wounds.... one of them even declined to help because she was "late for work".... just sad what kind of people there are in our communities.
Seriously.....what the?!? Some people are scum.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Calguns Addict

I would hope that we all would have the courage to stand up and do something to help in a similar situation.

One thing, IMHO, is that nobody thinks about these things ahead of time, so that when things do happen, their only mode is to ‘go to work’ or their regular routine.

I also think it’s the human condition to not get involved. I don’t know if I could live with myself.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-17-2017, 1:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickrock1 View Post
The mass brainwashing in full effect. Run, Hide, and last resort Fight. Who cares how many people get killed in the process. A nation of sheep.
Old 11-18-2017, 1:12 AM

I have always been one to get involved and offer help.

One month ago I did that and I am in a legal nightmare. I have been told the actions I took were legally permissible. The probable, I have to use it as a defense. So I get to shell out big bucks for a legal team.

The best legal advice given to me, carry a cell phone, use it to call 911 to report and keep moving, do not stick around so you do not get placed in a bad situation that requires you to hire a legal team and putting your life on hold for several months.

A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

--Librarian
Old 11-18-2017, 4:28 AM

Jeremiah, don't let our society poison your soul. You did the right thing. Good things happen to good people in the end.
Old 11-18-2017, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Wasn't this a small town? Great neighbors...NOT.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 11-18-2017, 5:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
They probably called themselves “porcupines.”

Old 11-18-2017, 5:49 AM
In Memoriam

Not surprised, we are talking about our fellow Californians. How many people have you ever seen pull over and help someone on the side of the freeway? Good Samaritans are a dying breed

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60
Old 11-18-2017, 6:45 AM

For those who didn't read the article in the OP's link. The family has a Go Fund Me page to help with medical expenses. For all those wanting to help now....
Old 11-18-2017, 6:50 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

in another article the woman states she thinks they didn't help because they didn't know how she got shot.....and she wasn't throwing a hissy fit because they didn't help her. she stated the fact.

one would hope they might react better and help someone out. the reality is that most of us make snap decisions based on what we see. imo, one of those people had a cell phone and could have called for emergency help. would she have gotten it? not sure if all services had been called out to the other crime scenes.

more importantly, always be aware of your surroundings....even cars driving up next to you. she didn't have time to pull her pistol. she did the best she could under the circumstances....and she and her kids survived. a CCW didn't help her.....concealed in that circumstance was a hindrance. the reality is that even if it had been out on the seat and she had tried to fire back this guy might have killed her.

and welcome to the Ladies' Forum, gents!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 11-18-2017, 7:55 AM

While the information is sketchy, the part that says "so she pulled out her firearm and attempted to fire back, but wasn't able to. The gunman took off" is potentially a good example of a woman using her gun as a deterrent. If she had not pulled out her own gun, the gunman may have proceeded to shoot her three other children in the back seat of her pickup.

Thanks Ora Serrata, I will make a donation to this brave lady.

Last edited by TC7050; 11-18-2017 at 8:11 AM..
Old 11-18-2017, 9:38 AM

I suspect the next go around of California Bills will attempt to neuter what is left of the California CCW. Think of the children this woman could have harmed while trying to protect her children....

AB707 makes it to where you can't legally drop your kids off at school while armed if the school has a round about for drop-off and pick-up. They will probably try to remove the exemption for 1000' next year.

John 14:6

Last edited by sfpcservice; 11-18-2017 at 9:41 AM..
Old 11-19-2017, 8:47 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC7050 View Post
While the information is sketchy, the part that says "so she pulled out her firearm and attempted to fire back, but wasn't able to. The gunman took off" is potentially a good example of a woman using her gun as a deterrent. If she had not pulled out her own gun, the gunman may have proceeded to shoot her three other children in the back seat of her pickup.

Thanks Ora Serrata, I will make a donation to this brave lady.
good point! might have been way worse.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D