Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:02 AM

For those that said it was okay to carry in Downtown Disney, itís not anymore. Used to be last time I was here. Walked back to car. Didnít use their lockers.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:08 AM
SeŮor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralston View Post
For those that said it was okay to carry in Downtown Disney, itís not anymore. Used to be last time I was here. Walked back to car. Didnít use their lockers.
Yep... it's been the case for 6 months, maybe a little longer.
Other than the parking lot, can't carry anywhere on the park property even though DTD is free access like any mall.

I'm curious how they handle it if you are a guest at the hotel and use the monorail to access the park. TSA-like checkpoint at the hotel station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copter976 View Post
There ARE tunnels all throughout Disneyland. Before 9/11 you could approach any security officer, show them your credentials and ask for a tour. They would do it for both Police & Fire personnel. I've been on it twice. Since 9/11 most things there have changed, no more tours, all kinds of crazy security measures and video systems. As for ME? I don't carry n the park. It is the LAST place on mother earth I'd want to have a stray round hit someone else. Period.
The only sensible comment on this entire thread.

In an earlier post someone was critical of how inept security was but everyone here seems to think that because they CCW and maybe go to the range every now and then they could/would be the hero of the day...

If you fear it is a "soft target" and feel restricted to be the hero of the day, DON"T GO THERE.

Why on God's earth would any of you want to risk shooting bystanders? You really think you're THAT good? FYI, real life isn't a video game...
Old 12-22-2017, 11:43 AM
SeŮor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJoe View Post
In an earlier post someone was critical of how inept security was but everyone here seems to think that because they CCW and maybe go to the range every now and then they could/would be the hero of the day...
Do a search for "trunk gun" and look at the threads following the San Bernardino attack.
WAY too many people would rather run to their car, get their gun, then run back into "the action" to be the hero rather than getting themselves and those around them to safety and being a good witness, helping the injured.

Then of course they personally insult those who tell them that they are foolish.
We aren't cops.
We aren't military operators (within the US in a civilian setting).
If we can get to the gun in our trunk, load and chamber it, there is no imminent threat to our life. Running back in would be a "bad shoot"... but would probably not go to trial because the real heroes would think you were one of the attackers and kill you.

Quote:
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
...... can't carry anywhere on the park property even though DTD is free access like any mall.

I'm curious how they handle it if you are a guest at the hotel and use the monorail to access the park. TSA-like checkpoint at the hotel station?
No fee but not free access. Access is restricted they have check points complete with detectors set up by the ESPN bar and where you enter from the hotels before you get to the monorail. The only unchecked spot is that big patio area by the hotels west of downtown disney.
I'd never call them inept. There are so many layers of security that you don't see. For at least 30 years they have even had their own FBI office.

Last edited by M1NM; 12-22-2017 at 12:11 PM..
Old 12-22-2017, 5:45 PM
SeŮor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
I'd never call them inept. There are so many layers of security that you don't see. For at least 30 years they have even had their own FBI office.
Yep.
An absolute fortress.
If they don't want it in the park, it's not getting in.
If they don't want it to leave the park, it stays put.

Quote:
Old 12-22-2017, 9:18 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

This thread seems to have gotten a second wind. I will say it again for the cheap seats:

Leave the guns and knives in the car. Your 2A does not trump their private property rights.

If you don't like their rules, kick rocks and go elsewhere. The park is chronically overcrowded nowadays, so your $100 - $200 of disposable entertainment dollars probably won't be missed too badly.

Half baked appraisals of purportedly weak security, based on the small slivers of the park guests actually get to see, are less than useless. Take those amateur threat assessments and a $10 dollar bill and go buy a gourmet corn dog with it.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
This thread seems to have gotten a second wind. I will say it again for the cheap seats:

Leave the guns and knives in the car. Your 2A does not trump their private property rights.

If you don't like their rules, kick rocks and go elsewhere. The park is chronically overcrowded nowadays, so your $100 - $200 of disposable entertainment dollars probably won't be missed too badly.

Half baked appraisals of purportedly weak security, based on the small slivers of the park guests actually get to see, are less than useless. Take those amateur threat assessments and a $10 dollar bill and go buy a gourmet corn dog with it.
I agree with this a lot except in states where no CCW signs have 0 force of law. But I don't 100% agree with it in places open to the public.

It is not like someone's private home. A comparison I have used that makes people uncomfortable is why are businesses forced to serve Blacks if they don't want to but can discriminate in some areas against carrying a firearms legally?

I know I certainly would not carry in a place where it is illegal to do so or it could jeopardize my career.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJoe View Post

If you fear it is a "soft target" and feel restricted to be the hero of the day, DON"T GO THERE.

Any cop here on this board drives his wife and kids 5 hours, through LA to Disneyland and doesnít carry would really surprise me. I didnít go to be the ďhero of the dayĒ but to have a decent vacation.

I left the smokewagon in the hotel safe obviously while at Disneyland. Our last day there is always spent at Downtown Disney after we check out of the hotel, which at my last check was okay to carry. Just advising it wasnít. I opted for my office issued gun safe in the car rather than using a locker and going through that hassle and attention. Iím just always of the mindset that my gun is better with me than me having to worry about it away from me in a car or Disney security locker.

Iím not trying to be the next story on the news about a stolen LEO gun but just sharing my experience and keeping up my responsibilities.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralston View Post
Any cop here on this board drives his wife and kids 5 hours, through LA to Disneyland and doesnít carry would really surprise me. I didnít go to be the ďhero of the dayĒ but to have a decent vacation.

I left the smokewagon in the hotel safe obviously while at Disneyland. Our last day there is always spent at Downtown Disney after we check out of the hotel, which at my last check was okay to carry. Just advising it wasnít. I opted for my office issued gun safe in the car rather than using a locker and going through that hassle and attention. Iím just always of the mindset that my gun is better with me than me having to worry about it away from me in a car or Disney security locker.

Iím not trying to be the next story on the news about a stolen LEO gun but just sharing my experience and keeping up my responsibilities.
Well said.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelbender View Post
I just found out they have them now and after calling, they no longer offer LEO gun lockers. They said to leave them in your car. They obviously dont want any guns there. A great soft target and an American symbol. Dumb.
welcome to Kalifornika. hows it feel to be a peasant ?
Old 12-31-2017, 3:32 AM
Watching you, watch me.
CGN Contributor

I was just at DTD and was able to bring my knife in. Checked it against an ID card for length and let me pass.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Matt View Post
I just spent 3 days at Disneyland and was chosen every time I entered for a random inspection.

Funny, did not bother me one bit.
Seems like the only people bothered by something like that are the ones always trying to get over on us all.
Old 01-02-2018, 6:09 PM

I went to the Universal Studios today, and I had to secure my pistol at the City Walk Sheriff's office gun locker. They just made a copy of my ID and assigned me a locker. No problem there at the office.

Just walked around feeling naked.