Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2016, 5:53 AM
CGN Contributor

Default Ammo Shipped For Pickup at UPS Hub

I'll be ordering ammunition in the next week or so from Ammo Supply Warehouse. ASW states that they will ship to any 48-state street address that I specify. If I want to pick up the shipment at the UPS hub in West Sacramento, do I just use my name and phone as the recipient but the Shore Avenue address, or is there more information that needs to be on the manifest? FWIW, UPS has given me 2 options... use their address... or use mine but go online and use MyUPS to change the delivery status to Hold for Pickup once the tracking number is in the system. And I realize that shipping to a UPS Store location does not always work, hence the hub across the river. Thanks.

Ron
Old 10-20-2016, 8:48 PM

I always have them ship to me, but immediately go and set it for hold for pickup.
Old 10-20-2016, 8:54 PM

Both ways will work.
Old 10-20-2016, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2meterB View Post
I always have them ship to me, but immediately go and set it for hold for pickup.
This. If you have myUPS setup, it emails you when you have a package coming in; Also gives you options to a) Sign for it online (so that the deliveryman will just drop it at your door), b) Change the delivery (Weekend/later hours) or c) Ship it to a UPS pickup point and/or store.
With sensitive stuff, I usually do (b) or (c)
Old 10-20-2016, 9:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freescopesdad View Post
use mine but go online and use MyUPS to change the delivery status to Hold for Pickup once the tracking number is in the system.
This ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Scully
Don't be sad that it's over. Smile because it happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William James
I cannot allow your ignorance, however great, to take precedence over my knowledge, however small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
When you reach the plateau, there's always going to be those that try to drag you down. Just keep up the game, collect the scratch, and ignore those who seek to drag you down to their level.
Old 10-20-2016, 9:32 PM
CGN Contributor

Unfortunately some vendors require the bill to/ship to addresses to be the same.

Followup 11/11/16...

I've used this method 3 times now in the last couple of weeks, and it works quite well. Just check first if your vendor of choice uses UPS and allows different bill to and ship to addresses. Then monitor your shipment with a free MyUPS account. The customer pickup window in West Sacramento is open 10:00Am - 6:00PM M-F and is never crowded.

Last edited by freescopesdad; 11-11-2016 at 6:10 AM..