Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2041  
Old 05-25-2017, 5:07 PM
glockmen17 glockmen17 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 37
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
HAHA!

They don't have to confiscate anything, they will BAN AW's then send a letter to "turn in or provide proof it is out of state or has been sold" or the state will fine you $1000 for each firearm that you fail to provide documentation.

And somehow (since they don't have databases, right), ALL owners with any rifle that is an AR or AK series (no matter when it was purchased) will also receive the same letter.
How would you show documentation if when you receive the letter you go to get your guns to turn in and find they've all been stolen?
Reply With Quote
  #2042  
Old 05-25-2017, 5:07 PM
novelty novelty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 45
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

X95 has a new model for Massachusetts with 18 inch barrel and the muzzle break permanently attached
Reply With Quote
  #2043  
Old 05-25-2017, 5:42 PM
God Bless America's Avatar
God Bless America God Bless America is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,937
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
...The 30" OAL requirement is not a "feature" like a pistol grip....
It's listed along with PG and the other features on 30515.

However, if and to the extent the fixed device requirement was not contemplated in the recent ban, then that regulatory change was not properly exempted from OAL review.

Last edited by God Bless America; 05-25-2017 at 5:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2044  
Old 05-25-2017, 6:04 PM
TRM15's Avatar
TRM15 TRM15 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 61
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Something that I found interesting in the webinar was during the discussion about the bullet button. He talked about having to leave the bullet button and then about how you can still change other components if you so desire. What I found interesting was that the only examples he gave of things that could be changed were evil feature items. He went over it a couple of times and never mentioned anything about changing calibers, barrels, complete uppers, etc. I know that between the law and the regs the bullet button is the only item specified that you are not allowed to alter so was this an oversight on their part or?
Reply With Quote
  #2045  
Old 05-25-2017, 6:14 PM
jumbopanda's Avatar
jumbopanda jumbopanda is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northridge
Posts: 7,989
iTrader: 158 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless America View Post
It's listed along with PG and the other features on 30515.
Read it carefully.

30515.
(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.


A semiauto centerfire rifle that is under 30" is an AW regardless of its features or mag catch. Prior to this year, you were allowed to have features if your firearm had a BB. You were never allowed to have a semiauto centerfire rifle under 30".
__________________
Mo' BBs.

Last edited by jumbopanda; 05-25-2017 at 6:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2046  
Old 05-25-2017, 6:31 PM
Zac911 Zac911 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 95
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Same here. They're also losing my vehicle registration fees and over $24k in tax revenue per year as I'm taking my family and leaving this cesspool.
That's why I think it's hilarious the Raiders are leaving Oakland... All that tax revenue they are going to lose. Especially all the opposing teams players from other states will have one less game to pay personal income taxes on.

More Pro Sports Teams should leave if they were smart.

They could move to Vegas and many would just hop a quick flight to go see there team in a much better environment.
Reply With Quote
  #2047  
Old 05-25-2017, 6:32 PM
Zac911 Zac911 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 95
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
And they use "public safety" as justification.
Explains why they early release all these losers who only go on to offend again.
Reply With Quote
  #2048  
Old 05-25-2017, 6:38 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小鸡
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 2,830
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
Read it carefully.

30515.
(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.


A semiauto centerfire rifle that is under 30" is an AW regardless of its features or mag catch. Prior to this year, you were allowed to have features if your firearm had a BB. You were never allowed to have a semiauto centerfire rifle under 30".
If you have a fixed mag that is 10 rounds or less, it's not an AW. No? Even less than 30 inches?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Sent from a hamster running really fast.

Last edited by meno377; 05-25-2017 at 6:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2049  
Old 05-25-2017, 6:42 PM
jumbopanda's Avatar
jumbopanda jumbopanda is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northridge
Posts: 7,989
iTrader: 158 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
If you have a fixed mag that is 10 rounds or less, it's not an AW. No? Even less than 30 inches?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
No. A semiauto centerfire rifle under 30" OAL is an assault weapon, period.
__________________
Mo' BBs.
Reply With Quote
  #2050  
Old 05-25-2017, 7:25 PM
seainc's Avatar
seainc seainc is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

20" barrel will make AUG OAL over 30".
Reply With Quote
  #2051  
Old 05-25-2017, 7:28 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,789
iTrader: 1 / 67%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seainc View Post
20" barrel will make AUG OAL over 30".
Yeah, just measured mine. With the factory 20" barrel without measuring the tulip muzzle device it's exactly 30". Maybe within 1/8" of an inch, so it's pushing it but it seems fine. Wish I could find one of those 24" barrels that were so common a few years ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
So it sounds to me like you're outraged about something that isn't actually happening anywhere outside your imagination.
Reply With Quote
  #2052  
Old 05-25-2017, 7:30 PM
JDay's Avatar
JDay JDay is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: El Dorado County
Posts: 19,126
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Yeah, just measured mine. With the factory 20" barrel without measuring the tulip muzzle device it's exactly 30". Maybe within 1/8" of an inch, so it's pushing it but it seems fine. Wish I could find one of those 24" barrels that were so common a few years ago.
It better be at least 30" or you could be the test case.
__________________
Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Reply With Quote
  #2053  
Old 05-25-2017, 7:32 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,789
iTrader: 1 / 67%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
It better be at least 30" or you could be the test case.
I need to get a micrometer out to see, this is so silly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
So it sounds to me like you're outraged about something that isn't actually happening anywhere outside your imagination.
Reply With Quote
  #2054  
Old 05-25-2017, 7:35 PM
jumbopanda's Avatar
jumbopanda jumbopanda is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northridge
Posts: 7,989
iTrader: 158 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I need to get a micrometer out to see, this is so silly.
All of CA's gun laws are silly, but that's not really an argument in court.

I feel like someone could come up with a slip-on buttpad to extend the length just a tiny bit...
__________________
Mo' BBs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:37 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.