Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-25-2017, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
HAHA!

They don't have to confiscate anything, they will BAN AW's then send a letter to "turn in or provide proof it is out of state or has been sold" or the state will fine you $1000 for each firearm that you fail to provide documentation.

And somehow (since they don't have databases, right), ALL owners with any rifle that is an AR or AK series (no matter when it was purchased) will also receive the same letter.
How would you show documentation if when you receive the letter you go to get your guns to turn in and find they've all been stolen?
Old 05-25-2017, 5:07 PM

X95 has a new model for Massachusetts with 18 inch barrel and the muzzle break permanently attached
Old 05-25-2017, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
...The 30" OAL requirement is not a "feature" like a pistol grip....
It's listed along with PG and the other features on 30515.

However, if and to the extent the fixed device requirement was not contemplated in the recent ban, then that regulatory change was not properly exempted from OAL review.

Last edited by God Bless America; 05-25-2017 at 5:45 PM..
Old 05-25-2017, 6:04 PM

Something that I found interesting in the webinar was during the discussion about the bullet button. He talked about having to leave the bullet button and then about how you can still change other components if you so desire. What I found interesting was that the only examples he gave of things that could be changed were evil feature items. He went over it a couple of times and never mentioned anything about changing calibers, barrels, complete uppers, etc. I know that between the law and the regs the bullet button is the only item specified that you are not allowed to alter so was this an oversight on their part or?
Old 05-25-2017, 6:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless America View Post
It's listed along with PG and the other features on 30515.
Read it carefully.

(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

A semiauto centerfire rifle that is under 30" is an AW regardless of its features or mag catch. Prior to this year, you were allowed to have features if your firearm had a BB. You were never allowed to have a semiauto centerfire rifle under 30".

Last edited by jumbopanda; 05-25-2017 at 6:17 PM..
Old 05-25-2017, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Same here. They're also losing my vehicle registration fees and over $24k in tax revenue per year as I'm taking my family and leaving this cesspool.
That's why I think it's hilarious the Raiders are leaving Oakland... All that tax revenue they are going to lose. Especially all the opposing teams players from other states will have one less game to pay personal income taxes on.

More Pro Sports Teams should leave if they were smart.

They could move to Vegas and many would just hop a quick flight to go see there team in a much better environment.
Old 05-25-2017, 6:32 PM

Quote:
And they use "public safety" as justification.
Explains why they early release all these losers who only go on to offend again.
Old 05-25-2017, 6:38 PM
小鸡
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
Read it carefully.

(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

A semiauto centerfire rifle that is under 30" is an AW regardless of its features or mag catch. Prior to this year, you were allowed to have features if your firearm had a BB. You were never allowed to have a semiauto centerfire rifle under 30".
If you have a fixed mag that is 10 rounds or less, it's not an AW. No? Even less than 30 inches?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman

Sent from a hamster running really fast.

Last edited by meno377; 05-25-2017 at 6:41 PM..
Old 05-25-2017, 6:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
If you have a fixed mag that is 10 rounds or less, it's not an AW. No? Even less than 30 inches?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
No. A semiauto centerfire rifle under 30" OAL is an assault weapon, period.
Old 05-25-2017, 7:25 PM

20" barrel will make AUG OAL over 30".
Old 05-25-2017, 7:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seainc View Post
20" barrel will make AUG OAL over 30".
Yeah, just measured mine. With the factory 20" barrel without measuring the tulip muzzle device it's exactly 30". Maybe within 1/8" of an inch, so it's pushing it but it seems fine. Wish I could find one of those 24" barrels that were so common a few years ago.
Old 05-25-2017, 7:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Yeah, just measured mine. With the factory 20" barrel without measuring the tulip muzzle device it's exactly 30". Maybe within 1/8" of an inch, so it's pushing it but it seems fine. Wish I could find one of those 24" barrels that were so common a few years ago.
It better be at least 30" or you could be the test case.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 05-25-2017, 7:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It better be at least 30" or you could be the test case.
I need to get a micrometer out to see, this is so silly.
Old 05-25-2017, 7:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I need to get a micrometer out to see, this is so silly.
All of CA's gun laws are silly, but that's not really an argument in court.

I feel like someone could come up with a slip-on buttpad to extend the length just a tiny bit...