Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2017, 6:37 AM

so basically we can no longer shoot tula, or wolf. That almost renders ak variants useless on blm now....

Now where can you shoot bi-metal 7.62 around riverside county?
Old 06-16-2017, 6:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
I also think they are referring to steel jacketed milsurp ammo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
Except we are talking about "jacketed" ammo. Which is what the BLM website says. And they probably mean "steel jacketed." But we can't say or know what they mean, only what they say.
The website does provide definitions....https://www.blm.gov/programs/public-...e-restrictions
Quote:
Steel jacketed: Having a steel ferrous jacket over a non-ferrous soft metal core of the bullet.

Steel core: The core or center of the bullet is steel or other ferrous metal composition.

Tracer: A bullet that contains a chemical tracer and leaves a path of light, smoke, or fire.
Old 06-16-2017, 7:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

No Chinese lanterns? What a party stopper.

I bring my Tula, Wolf, Red Army and Golden Tiger out there as there's nothing to burn. So far no one has checked. The possession rule is way out of line, it's not a prohibited substance unless it's shot. What's the charge for possession of steel cased ammo traveling through BLM land?

If they get picky I also carry a stash of Yugo M67 and an ammo box full of Wolf non-ferrous. If ever asked I'll play the "didn't know" act and suggest my non-steel as a quick replacement to send them on their way.
Old 06-16-2017, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
No Chinese lanterns? What a party stopper.

I bring my Tula, Wolf, Red Army and Golden Tiger out there as there's nothing to burn. So far no one has checked. The possession rule is way out of line, it's not a prohibited substance unless it's shot. What's the charge for possession of steel cased ammo traveling through BLM land?

If they get picky I also carry a stash of Yugo M67 and an ammo box full of Wolf non-ferrous. If ever asked I'll play the "didn't know" act and suggest my non-steel as a quick replacement to send them on their way.
I agree, but it may end up in a fine or something else.
Old 06-16-2017, 9:57 AM
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
I agree, but it may end up in a fine or something else.
Or you could start a fire. And boy would that suck.

I have voluntarily refrained from using steel jacketed ammunition when shooting in the desert around here (Northern Nevada). It's unbelievably flammable. I don't know or care whether it's legal or not. The vegetation is bigger and bushier here than in the Mojave, and closer together. And the ground is covered with tall dead grass. It's scary just driving over it.

We also make sure we have a couple of these on hand: https://www.amazon.com/Amerex-Gallon...dp/B00F5CJEZU/
Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I think this comes under the admonition of "Don't be a douche bag and ruin it for everyone" If you are going to have guns, a certain level of maturity and judgement is required. Your sentiments do not rise to that level. Maybe take up golf?
^^ I can understand this stance, but year round? How about when its raining or damp out, do you still share the same sentiment?

Yes, because its the new rule they made up. What happens when Newscum approves some other ridiculous laws/rules?

Everyone is entitled to do what they feel.. In the end your gonna have people who finally say enough is enough, and another group of shooters who follow all rules to the T. That group thinks everyone else should play "golf."

Just my 2 pennies on the matter.

Last edited by Gun Nerd; 06-16-2017 at 3:48 PM..
Old 06-16-2017, 10:39 AM

The end goal is to get rid of guns, get rid of ammo, and get rid of places to shoot.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Calguns Addict

I've never understood publicly posting about laws you intend to break.
Old 06-16-2017, 2:48 PM
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
I think this comes under the admonition of "Don't be a douche bag and ruin it for everyone" If you are going to have guns, a certain level of maturity and judgement is required. Your sentiments do not rise to that level. Maybe take up golf?
WHAT ABOUT MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER I PLEASE WHENEVER I PLEASE?
ARE YOU SOME KIND OF COMMIE?
Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco75a View Post
I know they say steel jacketed ammo starts fires but I just don't see it. The jacket itself be it brass or steel is hot once it leaves the receiver either could technically start a fire for the few seconds it remains hot.
they think it can spark if you hit a rock or bring steel targets to shoot.