Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 9:03 PM

I've been to Lytle Creek a few times and every time it has been a good experience. Some of the range masters can use a primer in effective communication but other than that it's all ok.

Some rule:
- only 2 firearms at one table at a time
- no ground targets
- don't shoot at the rocks
- no steel core

On the way back we always stop at the Bass pro shop to get a nice juicy hamburger and some alligator meat

Last edited by Vampier; 08-14-2014 at 7:22 AM..
Old 08-13-2014, 5:58 PM

Whats a ground target?
Old 08-13-2014, 6:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Any target placed on the ground. Such as a bowling pin, a bouncing cube or ball, etc. It's because it causes the shooter to change their muzzle direction and get tunnel vision, ignoring their surroundings. If you look next time you can see bullet holes in some of the canopy poles out there. Not to mention other shooters will be tempted to shoot your target (which is not at all uncommon).

"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within." - - General of the Army, Douglas MacArthur, 13 June 1951
Old 08-25-2014, 11:12 PM

I was there last Tuesday. Was not happy with the RO. Very rudely came up to our table and told my friend to show him the bullet button on his rifle and prove it works. I don't have any problems at all following rules and/or laws, but his attitude in the way he told my friend really pissed me off.
Old 08-26-2014, 5:06 PM

I was told these were ok but they obviously sit on the ground, so Good or No Good?

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2014, 8:13 PM

It's been a while now, but the last time I was there they had these for sale in the office so I would think it's gtg.

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 08-26-2014, 8:22 PM

Been up there more than a few times and only been bugged twice by the RO's. Once because I was shooting a .308 Garand and the RO said he'd never seen one, the other was to check my MR762 to make sure it had a bullet button. Both times younger guys and they were polite about it.

http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
Old 08-26-2014, 8:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosteelers View Post
I was told these were ok but they obviously sit on the ground, so Good or No Good?

Thanks!
Yea, those are fine. Just no bouncing balls/cubes or bowling pins that would move around. Your target would be stationary. Last time I went, I had bowling pins, a bouncing cube, and one of those targets you posted and I could only use the latter.

"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within." - - General of the Army, Douglas MacArthur, 13 June 1951
Old 08-27-2014, 4:46 PM

Been once, probably won't go back. Didn't have a problem but they have some odd rules, like the RO said you aren't allowed to carry a gun in a case to the firing line. You must uncase at your vehicle and carry muzzle up to the line. One RO tells us to park by the outhouse and then the other says you can't park there They must enjoy enforcing rules or something.