Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 9:49 PM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Craig Mason Racing thread

What is Craig doing and why aren't we sponsoring him anymore?
Old 10-11-2011, 7:38 PM
Veteran Member

AMA & AFM season is over. I don't have the answer as to this past season, but there's a lot of time until next season!

Last edited by scootergmc; 10-11-2011 at 7:41 PM..
Old 10-11-2011, 7:46 PM
Veteran Member

Who is this "Craig Mason" character? He should take up mountain biking.

Last edited by epilepticninja; 10-21-2011 at 4:30 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 2:20 AM
Janitors assistant

Well I for one would like to see CGN have some fun with you next season. We can talk offline about a few things I need done that will aid your pocketbook. PM on the way.
Old 10-18-2011, 2:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Hey there Ivan.. Thanks so much for the thread...

I was super proud to represent Calguns.net in 2010 and I know there is some crazy good crossover between Guns/ Gun rights and Motorcycles. It's pretty awesome and was very surprising actually. (it was fun with Ivan, Dave, Forrest, Angelica and Chris etc etc)

It is true the season is over now for 2011 but really we do NOT have a lot of time to get 2012 rolling. Budgets close down fairly fast so I am behind the 8 ball right now. I am working HARD to make 2012 happen. Sooo ANY ideas or help would be EPIC!!

My 2012 plans include doing all the AFM (Regional) races and I hope ALL the AMA (National) events that the budget will allow.

I do hope we can figure a plan to benefit CGN and they again decide to be a big part of my race program. (I had alot of people this year ask why CGN was not involved anymore.)

Btw I am down from 196 to 168 lbs. I've been mountain biking a bit to stay in shape and eating very well. Pretty excited as I am feeling better then I ever have.

It takes a lot to do test, race, promote, work out etc etc but I hope we are able to do a full time deal including Calguns.net in 2012.

I am trying to line up a few fresh bikes that are set up to make a full fledged assault in2012

So far we have TDSguns.com, Defense Industries.us, Fast50s.com, GreaterYamaha.com, Catalyst Reaction Suspension, Tech-Spec Usa, GPR Stabilizers, Wymer Performance, Bell Helmets and Leo Vince'

Thanks again Ivan.. Look forward to your message!! Hope your family is well... Did I tell you yet I got full custody of my boys!!? Yippie!!
Old 10-18-2011, 2:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Btw it has to be good luck tha 181 people have THUS far looked at #181's new thread!! VIva La CGN and #181 lol
Old 10-18-2011, 2:41 AM
Janitors assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seesm View Post
Thanks again Ivan.. Look forward to your message!! Hope your family is well... Did I tell you yet I got full custody of my boys!!? Yippie!!
This is the best news I have had in a very long time. I know how important they are to you! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-18-2011, 8:59 AM

Is the 2012 AMA schedule out yet? Where do we go to kick in some sponsorship $?

BTW, Elena Myers is moving up to DSB...now you'll have two girls to beat LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Calguns Addict

The only thing right now holding me up for 2012 is the AMA not releasing the scheduale but seems everyone is behind this year... Playdough you can send direct to our Po Box.. (below) Thanks btw... I am going to do something with everyones name I think on the bikes and do a poster (special) I did not know Elena is moving up... Surprised since she is not winning SS yet... I think she has a chance to win that title this year as a few others are moving up... All good just more fun in DSB... Thanks Playdough for your help!!

CMR
P.O. BOX 4871
Auburn, CA 95602
Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Craig, do you have a helmet painter?
Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Head Janitor

Craig, what is your paypal address?
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Droppin Deuces... I did have a killer painter for years but he decided to stop painting cuz he got as he says a "Real job" lol He was really cool and talented. I was pumped to promote for him. Heck I got him in about 15 magazaines over the years he was getting pretty well known. Funny he would have been waay more well known had he not changed his Painting name 3 times in the time he did all my stuff... lol Why do you paint...?

Kestryll!!
How are you doing? Man your a hard guy to get in touch with for sure... I bet your busy.
I would love to talk sometime... I am of course a big fan and have lots of ideas on cross promotion that will be mutually beneficial!! Say hi sometime!!

Oh on the PP I JUST set one up tonight cuz my ex used my email years ago on her PP and I have no way to get into it now... lol

My email for PP now is info@fast50s.com... Just added the account info now so I am up and flying...

Thanks so much to all who wants to help out..!!! I hope we can all work together to help steer the CGN bus!!

I soo LOOK forward to promoting for Calguns again!!!

Last edited by Seesm; 10-24-2011 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Calguns Addict

AMA has released dates on 6 races thus far for 2012...
Looks like they are saying 9-10 rds of AMA in 2012 so the balance at TBA...

And so you all know I am getting my helmets done by Jason (Droppin Deuces) I already have a few people who now know I am getting mine done and want there own done ASAP. So my plan is to drive some sales his way (in a big way).. Btw if you guys want some helmets done check his work out... I have checks out prices and he is charging what others do and looks to do some cool stuff... Anyway trying to have 2012 set up soon..

Also I am not sure yet but looks like I will be in Pilot or Heroic leathers this year.. Still lining up some sponsor money to do that deal too... Thanks for all you that have helped thus far... It all counts big... I am soo looking forward to racing this year and meeting all of you guys and gals!! Please keep it coming cuz this kinda racing takes a lot to do it right..
Old 11-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Check out Craig Mason Racing on FB when you can... Btw 2012 proposals are ready...

Last edited by Seesm; 12-06-2011 at 10:56 PM..
Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Calguns Addict

AMA has released now 8 or 9 race for 2012... Time to roll on it...
Old 12-07-2011, 1:32 PM

Which races are you for sure doing?
Old 12-07-2011, 2:25 PM

The full schedule for 2012 has been released. It'll be an 11 race season.

Daytona International Speedway, Florida: March 15-17
Road Atlanta, Braselton, Ga.: May 4-6
Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, Calif.: May 4-6
Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, Utah: May 25-28
Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis.: June 1-3
Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Ala.: June 24-26
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio: July 13-15
Laguna Seca, Monterey, Calif.: July 27-29
New Jersey Motorsports Park. Millville, N.J.: Sept. 7-9
Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, Fla.: Sept. 21-23
NOLA Motorsports Park, New Orleans, Oct. 5-7
Old 12-07-2011, 3:24 PM
Calguns Addict

No VIR, again? I think something is up with that track.
Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

- from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
(Revised Eastern Sect Edition)
Old 12-08-2011, 1:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for uploading the scheduale and for the emails...

I am super pumped the AMA got it on lock down... The plan is to do the WHOLE series and it would be a dream come true for me as I have not yet done a entire series... I want to do all the AMA's for SURE and I hope AFM too.

We have a few people who have commited verbally but we are waiting on funds to hit the account. It takes a village to go racing.. lol (p.s. when CGN jumped on board in 2012 we had some great support from CGN sponsors and users. so I do hope CGN, some sponsors and some of you are part of this) Always beer and burgers and the like ready for CGN people.

Rich.. I know WTH? We could have a CGN party at your place.. Call VIR see what is up for 2013?? haha I have always wanted to ride there...

So I say LET'S do this!!
Old 12-08-2011, 9:52 AM

Default Help support a fellow racer!

Well now that you mention beer and burgers, I'm in!!! LOL

Sorry Craig, but i've been a little busy. I'll be sending some $$$ next week. I think it's a great promotion for CalGuns!

Getting financial help for racing has become pretty hard.....even if Craig says he has sponsorship, he can use cash. A lot of the sponsorship is in form of hard parts and as good as they are, you still need cash to pay for fuel,tires, food, housing, and transportation to the events. What's the cost of a typical race weekend? Tires are what? $2000 for the weekend? So, yeah, every little donation helps!

Daytona's the first race people....Hey Craig, think you can get Jake Zemke to team up for the 200? hehehehe
Old 12-08-2011, 2:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Rich.. I know WTH? We could have a CGN party at your place.. Call VIR see what is up for 2013?? haha I have always wanted to ride there...

So I say LET'S do this!!
Plenty of room to shoot at my place, and the national forest range is 20 minutes away.

VIR even cancelled the Grand-Am race for 2012. We were just down there last week for testing, and I asked a few people that I know, but got non-answers.
Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

- from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
(Revised Eastern Sect Edition)
Old 12-08-2011, 7:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Playdough... Thanks.. Yes Zemke is a good buddy and he does not yet have anything going for 2012. So if I can get enough funding I hope to get him racing some.. He is a great guy...

As far as what a race weekend costs:
On a local test day we usually spend $600-1000 to test per day.
On a local race weekend... $700-1500 (depending if you have some take off tires to run) Weird thing is local race tires are superior to the AMA spec tires we run on. Spec has much less grip.
On a national events it usually costs about $3000 on up... (Depending on how many tires you run.) Most teams run 5 sets per rider per weekend. I usually run 2-3 on my bike. It's silly cuz we run used often for warm up etc etc. You gotta trust your tires so new is the way to go..
Money money money.. haha Rich... very weird.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Playdough your a star!! Thanks!! I am really looking forward to racing this year and again hope to represent CGN and my other gun friends!!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:38 AM

Hey, I want to come over and have you help me work on my AR and give you some cash or paypal for the races, the kids and wife want to see you race.....

Except for ending slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, WAR has never solved anything.

- (More info here)
Old 12-18-2011, 7:53 PM

[QUOTE] Always beer and burgers and the like ready for CGN people. QUOTE]

I thought MRE's were meal the deal next year.

Last edited by HoMa506; 12-18-2011 at 7:55 PM..
Old 12-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Frank thanks always great to see you... Mre's Hhhhmm I joked about that... BUT it could be fun!!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Calguns Addict

SO far we have a few people on board...
It all helps and I am hoping we get this worked out for 2012...

We just got a sponsor to kick in a Kawi 600 and 250 for th AFM series... ANd then the Yamaha's for AMA!

So it's coming together just wish a lil faster.

Let me know any ideas you all may have. We can do alot to promote 2A rights at the races for sure.
Old 01-20-2012, 4:41 PM

Go get 'em Craig good to see we have some common hobbies other than racing... Good luck this year. - Ronnie
Old 01-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Rondo.... How's it going? Let's go shoot sometime.....
Old 01-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Sooo looks like Jake Zemke does not have a ride for this year.... So I am trying to combine efforts with him to get him racing with us...
For you that do not know... Jake had pole position at the Daytona 200 last year and he finished 3rd in the race.
He is a former AMA Champion and a heck of a guy.

So here to hoping God shines his grace down on us for 2012!! Anyone have any ideas or leads please let me know. We are paying for leads that pan out. Thanks!!
Old 01-30-2012, 8:43 PM

Incredible that someone of Zemke's standing can't get a ride! He's a sponsor's ideal candidate: race-winning speed, great with the fans and press. Good luck on your efforts, Craig! Would be a great way to get more exposure for "our" side.
Old 01-31-2012, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

If Speed Scene Live TV can be helpful this year, please let us know. Would love to have you back on the TV show. Also, as a sponsored professional racer, (Drag Racer!) I would love to give you some tips on sponsorship.
Check out our brand new site, at www.SpeedSceneLive.com, and see all the changes we have done. You can now watch Speed Scene Live TV on your Android phone.
Old 02-02-2012, 9:12 AM

Quote:
Sooo looks like Jake Zemke does not have a ride for this year.... So I am trying to combine efforts with him to get him racing with us...
For you that do not know... Jake had pole position at the Daytona 200 last year and he finished 3rd in the race.
He is a former AMA Champion and a heck of a guy.

So here to hoping God shines his grace down on us for 2012!! Anyone have any ideas or leads please let me know. We are paying for leads that pan out. Thanks!!
Awesome, best wishes for an awesome 2012 Craig!

Congrats on that fantastic PT and cycling/weight loss too! Well done.

KK
Old 02-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato4moto View Post
Incredible that someone of Zemke's standing can't get a ride! He's a sponsor's ideal candidate: race-winning speed, great with the fans and press. Good luck on your efforts, Craig! Would be a great way to get more exposure for "our" side.
Thanks Kato... I appreciate the kind words and support. Yeah honestly Jake can and probably WILL win the championship (sounds like a lofty goal but Jake is the best guy in the class...) Serious we have some great things in the works... Just need to line up money... I will say if anyone has a line on sponsorship dollars I will PAY YOU TO HELP Us... Thanks everyone!!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Scott View Post
If Speed Scene Live TV can be helpful this year, please let us know. Would love to have you back on the TV show. Also, as a sponsored professional racer, (Drag Racer!) I would love to give you some tips on sponsorship.
Check out our brand new site, at www.SpeedSceneLive.com, and see all the changes we have done. You can now watch Speed Scene Live TV on your Android phone.
Lucky thank you it was very fun and cool for you to have Team Calguns.net on there in 2010 and you have a firm grasp on racing so that made it even more fun... Hope to speak yo you on air soon!!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc27 View Post

KK
Kenny your still the man in my book.. Wish I woudl have been able to race with you at your best!! YOu rock!! Thanks for the kind words.. If you have any ideas please email!! TTYS!! -cM
P.s I have kept most off.. between 165-172 for months now but I plan to drop back down to 155-160 if I have to starve myself.. lol
Old 02-08-2012, 1:04 AM
Calguns Addict

I am needing 15 Qty $5,000 dollar sponsors (Silver associated level) for the 2012 race season.. Platinum and Gold level are available as well..
SO if you work for or know a company that would be or could be or SHOULD be involved with CMR please message me right away at seesmllc@hotmail.com Thanks so much everyone!!

This is for 2 racers to race the series!!
Old 02-19-2012, 6:23 PM

Seesm, let me know if you need a hand ...

Also I can donate some space on my car for Calguns.

I will be running some big time attack events this year. I'm trying to get ready for World Time Attack next month.
FCSA #14533
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Cool I would LOVE to have you involved.. We are still hunting and gathering funding to rock it in 2012!! SO if you know anyone please let us know!!
Old 02-22-2012, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc27 View Post

KK
Dayum, KK is on here too?

Craig, what bike are you racing this year? If it's another R6, I might be able to help you a little bit...
Closed Thread