Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-19-2013, 8:59 PM

Default What non-resident ccw should i get?

nv,ut,az,fl any i forgot? What ones should i get, and anyone in the Inland empire that does the training required(except for nv)?

Last edited by smirnus3000; 08-19-2013 at 9:26 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 9:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Get NV if you go there. Then, if you go back east get Florida, if you stay out west get AZ.
Old 08-19-2013, 9:09 PM

From what I hear....Utah is probably the best one to get...not much $$ either!

I did Utah and Arizona together....once I got the permit from UT I sent a copy of my permit along with AZ paperwork to Arizona. Took 116 days for Utah to process my paperwork and Arizona took only 23 days.

While waiting for my UT permit I went to Sparks, Nv and took my training at Scheels from Armed & Safe.....very little $$. Took the class on Saturday and returned on Monday to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office and turning in my paperwork.....that was on the 1st of July.....hopefully it won't be much longer. Already got my appt for the Sacramento SO. If all goes well, should be carrying before Christmas!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 9:17 PM

Get them all if you have unlimited funds. Some of the training facilities will give you endorsements for UT, FL and AZ with one class. AZ and FL will take your DD214 in lieu of a training class and both will except mail-in applications, as will UT. NV requires you take the class in their area and apply in person. Go online and download the CCW applications for each state and they will explain the requirements.

http://www.americanccw.com/
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
-- George Washington

NRA & CRPA Life Member
Old 08-19-2013, 9:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I suggest a Kobe cow, they produce the best meat, if raised properly.
:rodl2:

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Old 08-19-2013, 9:23 PM
Banned

Ut & FL, Isn't AZ Constitutional Carry?
Old 08-19-2013, 9:27 PM

oops haha damn auto-correct. It needs to learns all theses gun related terms!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofWWIIDI View Post
I suggest a Kobe cow, they produce the best meat, if raised properly.
:rodl2:
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM

How does the CCW honoring work in other states? Is a Utah non-resident CCW honored in Arizona without any AZ paperwork? Put it another way, is just having a Utah non-resident CCW enough to CCW in AZ?
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html.

If so, I don't see the point of getting an AZ CCW ($60) once you have your UT ($51), other than adding New Mexico. I would just add the NM CCW via the Florida CCW ($112). I suppose it all depends on where you travel.

Here is my short list: UT (32 states) - class booked for Sept, California (adds CA and Michigan) - CCW appt in Feb, 2014.

My longer list includes the following (which I'll add based on fees, available classes, and if I have to travel in person to apply, then I won't bother until I plan to actually travel to that state): OR (just adds itself), NV (adds itself and NM), FL (adds itself and NM).

If money were no object list: Washington (25 states, doesn't add anything for me), Arizona (30 states, doesn't add anything for me), Virginia (29 states, adds NM if I don't yet have AZ/NV/FL).
Old 09-02-2013, 10:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

az ccw no good in Nevada. Get one that requires training and qualifying so you can use in other stes.
Old 09-04-2013, 8:48 AM

If you have the Utah CCW, there is no reason to bother with AZ, they cover the same states.

Beyond Utah, NV and OR are the other two west coast permits to get.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:48 AM

Default CCW for family members

for myself i dont mind going through Nv firearms proficiency testing...dosen't take much of an excuse to take the family to Vegas...(i live in los angeles county so i can only defend myself when i travel out of state.)...but i want my wife and grown children to all have there CCW and to meet the Florida firearms proficiency requirements all u need is a Calif Hunter safety cert...which everybody in our family has...or if u dont have a calif hunter safety cert, Bass Pro Shops makes it very easy to get it...