Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 10-24-2018, 7:18 PM
Seņor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
Still waiting for my California permit. In the meantime, can i just take the online
NRA basic safety class? $60
And do it at home. The hunter safety is 8
Hours?
The NRA classes are only half online. They still require a classroom/range session.
AZ does not accept online training from any source.
Unless you have a pending trip to AZ, just wait for the CA permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 10-25-2018, 4:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
The NRA classes are only half online. They still require a classroom/range session.
AZ does not accept online training from any source.
Unless you have a pending trip to AZ, just wait for the CA permit.
Or to Nevada? Or any of the other 31 states where your AZ permit would be accepted.

Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900
Old 10-25-2018, 5:04 PM

Ok... what's the cheapest and most efficient class to fulfill the AZ course requirement.. i'm going to assume my California will never arrive due to various reasons.. It's california. and yes I'm going to AZ next month
Old 10-25-2018, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Ok... what's the cheapest and most efficient class to fulfill the AZ course requirement.. i'm going to assume my California will never arrive due to various reasons.. It's california. and yes I'm going to AZ next month
Have you applied for a CA CCW?
Old 10-25-2018, 5:28 PM

A data point for the thread:

10/1, application mailed to AZ DPS
10/13, application returned due to being incomplete
10/15, application remailed to AZ DPS
10/25, permit received by mail.
Old 10-25-2018, 5:37 PM

Quote:
In AZ you don't need a permit to carry open or concealed. Just read up on the no-carry locations (most no weapons signs have force of law here).
I did the online hunter safety course then the in person class. Not sure if it's the quickest & cheapest, but it's faster than CA was.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2018, 6:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Probably hunter safety.
Old 10-25-2018, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Any military service? DD214 works.
Old 10-25-2018, 8:00 PM
Seņor Member

^^^^ Yep.
Hunter safety or Basic Handgun if you don't have a DD214.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 10-26-2018, 8:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
^^^^ Yep.
Hunter safety or Basic Handgun if you don't have a DD214.
Hunter's Safety is probably the cheapest as it is usually around $50-$60 (assuming you do online first plus the follow-up). If you go the traditional route, it is around $30, but a 10 hour class.

There are often cheaper ways than Basic Pistol. All you need is a certificate from an NRA certified instructor for a handgun safety class. Most NRA certified instructors (including myself) have classes that are cheaper than the basic handgun class.

The reason being is that the NRA basic pistol class is required to be an 8 hour class and has some material costs associated with it. I have some 4 hour classes and even some two hour classes that also have less material costs. For instance, my Utah CCW class (which also satisfies the Arizona training) is $74.99 for Calguns members and it a 4 hour class.

Also, keep in mind that if you are just rushing your out of state CCW because of your trip to Arizona, Arizona is constitutional carry and no permit is actually required to carry open or concealed in Arizona. However, please keep in mind that there are more restrictions with constitutional carry like school zones, restaurants with alcohol, etc.

Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900

Last edited by Whites of Their Eyes; 10-26-2018 at 8:51 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old 10-26-2018, 7:40 PM
Seņor Member

Yep... and while basic pistol is a quick and inexpensive way to satisfy the requirements, I have a feeling that most people in process for the California CCW (particularly OC and Riverside) are already beyond that level.
Seriously, the best $100 that I've ever spent on "gun stuff" was the NRA Defensive Handgun class at Apple Valley Gun Club.
However, to rely on that for AZ/Florida is touchy, because unlike Basic Pistol, it's not a "guaranteed-pass if you aren't a bonehead"
I think only half of my class passed.

So for training requirements, I'd still recommend something more basic that's a "sure thing" (if you aren't a bonehead)... but I really wish that everyone issued a CCW would take at the very least the Defensive Handgun class.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2018, 1:42 PM

went to your website, can you PM me cost for the least time/dollar needed to fulfill AZ requirements.
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whites of Their Eyes View Post
FYI, I am teaching two classes in the IE in the 10th of November. One in Rancho Cucamonga from 8:30-12:30 and one in Moreno Valley from 2:30-6:30.

Both classes can be used to satisfy the training for both Utah and Arizona (as well as a few other states).
Old 11-10-2018, 1:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Have to give AZ a big thumbs up. mailed application in on the 30th of October. Permit arrived today by mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk