Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Default Nice rentable camping and shooting spot?

I'm hoping to find a nice place, ideally private land, within a 5 hour drive of the Bay Area I could rent for camping that would also allow firing guns. Maybe in Marin/Mendocino or the Tahoe area? Nice scenery is a big plus. The spot would have to be somewhat secluded since I don't want to annoy or frighten anyone nearby with loud gunfire. I recently bought some nice guns and would love to take my friends out on a camping trip where we can have fun with them without the restrictions of a firing range. I won't be hunting.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 AM

I hate to give out my spot, but Jackson meadows reservoir, near truckee has great camping, and a spot a couple miles out in the forest for shooting. Nice banked hill for backstop, established firing line, great logs and stumps for placing targets at different ranges.

Neve had an issue with passer-bys, when there are any. Most want to watch, join in.

It's been a couple of years since I've been, so I couldn't tell you how to get there. Lol take 1 dirt road to another, pass a lake or 2, another dirt road, and it's on your left.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member

No one in there right mind is going to rent their property for you to camp and shoot. This is what it is in this sue happy state. As mentioned find some nice blm land.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayss109138 View Post
I hate to give out my spot, but Jackson meadows reservoir, near truckee has great camping, and a spot a couple miles out in the forest for shooting. Nice banked hill for backstop, established firing line, great logs and stumps for placing targets at different ranges.

Neve had an issue with passer-bys, when there are any. Most want to watch, join in.

It's been a couple of years since I've been, so I couldn't tell you how to get there. Lol take 1 dirt road to another, pass a lake or 2, another dirt road, and it's on your left.
This is great advice. Thanks! The spot out in the forest is an unadministered firing range that anyone can just show up and use? Or is it also accessible by car and they have staff there?
Old 04-30-2013, 6:04 AM

It's a open field in the middle of no where. Brings chairs, ezup and anything else you might want.