Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-22-2013, 7:52 PM

Default Question about my CCW

About 9 months ago I went through the process and received my CCW. The Chief of Police in my small town was the one who approved and processed it. My CCW permit from him is filled out all handwritten. Because I had actually never seen a CCW before I didn't think anything of it. However recently while purchasing another gun my CCW was not permitted as a form of ID and I was told it was because the CCW was handwritten. Both the clerk and the store manager said they had never seen a handwritten one.
So my question is, could this possibly be an issue? I do not want to be carrying, get stopped and find out the LEO has the right to confiscate my weapon and/or arrest me because he can challenge my CCW because it is handwritten and not printed out.
Old 08-22-2013, 8:07 PM

The State of California has a unified License To Carry Permit that is uniform throughout the state, I don't think there is any requirement for the permit to be type written or hand written. Some municipalities have a different permit (think Driver's License type) but in general it should look like this (From USA Carry):
Old 08-22-2013, 8:14 PM

Thanks SouperMan. Yes my permit looks just like that, however ALL the "personalized" info is handwritten. So it sounds like an LEO would accept mine and not challenge it?
Old 08-22-2013, 8:29 PM
CGN Contributor

Mine is printed with the sheriff's signature is in blue ink, but I have seen and fondled someones hand written permit. They are just as legit.

Also Im still looking for a Glock in 26 or 30 calibers. If anyone has leads let me know. Also when did sig start chambering the uncommon 226 round. I see the example permit holder has found all 3 of the unicorn guns.
Old 08-22-2013, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Barbarian View Post
Thanks SouperMan. Yes my permit looks just like that, however ALL the "personalized" info is handwritten. So it sounds like an LEO would accept mine and not challenge it?
They shouldn't. The permit is "serialized" in effect and if a LEO wanted to check on the validity of a permit, the ORI and Local Agency numbers would be matched up to the municipality that has the record on file for you and I am pretty sure there is a notation on a digital record of you somewhere with the same information.

Lol. "Carry on!"