Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2018, 8:10 PM
New & Improved
CGN Contributor

Default Thank you God

I'm not asking for anything....I give thanks daily for all my blessings...
Sure, sometimes I wish for more, but then I realize, I have more than I
deserve.
Old 03-27-2018, 8:47 PM
Veteran Member

Amen!
Old 03-27-2018, 9:50 PM

Preach it brother.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:04 PM

I wake up every day feeling blessed.
Old 03-29-2018, 9:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moond0ggie View Post
I'm not asking for anything....I give thanks daily for all my blessings...
Sure, sometimes I wish for more, but then I realize, I have more than I
deserve.
I have been trying to be better about remembering this. Even for simple stuff many take for granted like having a full stomach.
Old 03-30-2018, 7:34 AM
From Anotha Motha
CGN Contributor

A day of mourning and gratitude today. I always feel sorrowful on Good Friday. Reminds me of how sinful I am, feel guilty that Jesus suffered for me. But all the more grateful that he did that for me. I believe that on that cross, he had in mind all the souls of the past, present, and future he was paying ransom for. And for that reason, he did it out of love and courage. COURAGE. Not often mentioned in this regard.

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Matthew 20:28
Old 03-30-2018, 8:16 AM

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Old 03-30-2018, 9:16 AM

I try to reflect every day on my good fortune and have gratitude for the many wonderful things that have come my way.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-30-2018, 9:19 AM
Veteran Member

I only go to mass maybe 10 times a year but I never ask Him for anything, only to give thanks for what I've done and also forgiveness for what I have failed to do.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:32 AM
From Anotha Motha
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead714 View Post
I only go to mass maybe 10 times a year but I never ask Him for anything, only to give thanks for what I've done and also forgiveness for what I have failed to do.
I'm curious. Why don't you want to ask him for things? To me, it's prideful to not ask him for things. He wants us to rely on him.

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:7-11

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5

Give us this our daily bread. Matthew 6:11
Old 03-30-2018, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

God is good all the time...
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 03-30-2018, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

I am unworthy to ask for anything as I walk, talk, and breathe normally. I see those of the world who were born into suffering and I ask Him to help them. But never for myself. That is up to me and what He has already bestowed upon me.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:08 PM
From Anotha Motha
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I am unworthy to ask for anything as I walk, talk, and breathe normally. I see those of the world who were born into suffering and I ask Him to help them. But never for myself. That is up to me and what He has already bestowed upon me.
Jarhead714,
You were created in the image of God and purchased by the blood of Jesus, who suffered and died on the cross for you. To say that you are unworthy is a lie from the evil one. The truth is, you ARE worthy and God loves you and is delighted with you. To say that you are unworthy to approach him cheapens his atonement.

10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph 2:10
Old 03-30-2018, 12:12 PM
From Anotha Motha
CGN Contributor

Quote:
God wants a personal relationship with you.
Old 04-01-2018, 5:17 PM
New & Improved
CGN Contributor

Thanks guys, we are truly blessed,
glad to have a brotherhood with other believers on here.

Yes, there are times I am asking for Gods favor & that extra support...

I learned from a blessed man, that its good practice to thank God for bringing
forth the things you desire, instead of begging for something.
To give thanks for things to come is an act of faith that you believe in him
& his grace.

Happy Easter, thanks be given for Jesus.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:31 PM

Default Thankfulness

I saw this and felt compelled to say that I cannot begin to describe my feelings on the subject. Life has been an amazing journey. I can now see the blessings in the trials.
Old 05-04-2018, 3:41 AM

Amen!
Old 05-10-2018, 9:03 AM

AMEN!!! I have the same sentiments when reading these posts! It's almost the same renewed and revitalized feeling you get when you feel the Holy Spirit stirring inside you, like when you just heard a message that really hits home.

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!! In this crazy day in age, we need to be equipped with God's armor in order to be prepared for spiritual warfare. There is no time like now, where a relationship with Jesus is unquestionably crucial.

Accept the Lord into your heart, admit that you are a sinner and ask for forgiveness of your sins. Pray that Jesus take control of your life, so that you can walk hand in hand with Him, until you meet Him face to face!

IN JESUS NAME... AMEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtlaw View Post
I saw this and felt compelled to say that I cannot begin to describe my feelings on the subject. Life has been an amazing journey. I can now see the blessings in the trials.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-10-2018, 9:08 AM
Veteran Member

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2018, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

Via con Dios...
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 05-10-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
It’s not only okay to ask God for things, He specifically wants us to pray for help should we want it.

Of course it’s up to Him what he will allow and He does things in His own way for His reasons. But it would be Pride not to ask when we need help. We should admit that we need Him and be Humbled enough to admit we need His grace

The second God stops thinking about you, you would cease to exist. That’s How powerful the God of the Universe is and how important each of us are.

According to scripture it is we who would ultimately judge the angels. This is one of the reasons one third of them rebelled against God since we are Made in His image....

We not only need God and his grace to keep us from falling back into sin, but we need prayers and help from our brothers and sisters in Christ, help to avoid sin and repent which is an ongoing process to abide by Gods ways and to make it to Heaven our true home through Faith and staying on the straight and narrow...so we do need help also from the other members of the mystical body of Christ - His Church. This includes those who have passed on. When we talk to our loved ones who have gone before us in prayer to God (not in a witch crafty occult way) but in the way that God allows our loved ones to hear our prayers.

The Church is not a building but the people of God. . We must be humble and that is when God can mold us into something He meant us to truly be. The best versions of ourselves, and we do that by following Jesus’ example We take up our own cross to follow Him in spite of the judgment of others.

Ask Him. He wants us to ask Him —for what father would give his son a stone if he asked for bread, right? If you don’t feel worthy to ask, perhaps try to make it to Mass at least every Sunday. It’s a small price to pay, considering Jesus loved us enough to be a sacrifice , to be literally shredded to ribbons of flesh and then nailed to a cross. He has never asked so much of us. God wants our Love which is why He have us free will.

I for one struggle to remember to be thankful at all times. And I ask God for more Faith and more strength to practice my faith consistently.

Last edited by Burble74; 05-10-2018 at 10:46 PM..
Old 05-11-2018, 8:06 AM

ALL OF THIS RIGHT HERE, BROTHER!!! AMEN!!!! So spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burble74 View Post
It’s not only okay to ask God for things, He specifically wants us to pray for help should we want it.

Of course it’s up to Him what he will allow and He does things in His own way for His reasons. But it would be Pride not to ask when we need help. We should admit that we need Him and be Humbled enough to admit we need His grace

The second God stops thinking about you, you would cease to exist. That’s How powerful the God of the Universe is and how important each of us are.

According to scripture it is we who would ultimately judge the angels. This is one of the reasons one third of them rebelled against God since we are Made in His image....

We not only need God and his grace to keep us from falling back into sin, but we need prayers and help from our brothers and sisters in Christ, help to avoid sin and repent which is an ongoing process to abide by Gods ways and to make it to Heaven our true home through Faith and staying on the straight and narrow...so we do need help also from the other members of the mystical body of Christ - His Church. This includes those who have passed on. When we talk to our loved ones who have gone before us in prayer to God (not in a witch crafty occult way) but in the way that God allows our loved ones to hear our prayers.

The Church is not a building but the people of God. . We must be humble and that is when God can mold us into something He meant us to truly be. The best versions of ourselves, and we do that by following Jesus’ example We take up our own cross to follow Him in spite of the judgment of others.

Ask Him. He wants us to ask Him —for what father would give his son a stone if he asked for bread, right? If you don’t feel worthy to ask, perhaps try to make it to Mass at least every Sunday. It’s a small price to pay, considering Jesus loved us enough to be a sacrifice , to be literally shredded to ribbons of flesh and then nailed to a cross. He has never asked so much of us. God wants our Love which is why He have us free will.

I for one struggle to remember to be thankful at all times. And I ask God for more Faith and more strength to practice my faith consistently.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson