Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 02-04-2014, 3:15 PM

Default **UPDATE 2/17** Tactical Machining BLEM 80% AR-15 Lower Receiver $59.99

These were 39.99, NOW at $59.99 2/17

http://www.tacticalmachining.com/59-...blem-sale.html

Last edited by bksa; 02-17-2014 at 8:09 AM..
Old 02-04-2014, 3:39 PM

Great deal, thanks OP! Shipping was a bit tough to swallow ($13.55 to ship to OC), but still worth it.

This is the unanodized version though, anodized non-blem costs $88, so this is a good deal regardless.

Anyways, I think I'm going to Cerakote this one with FDE or something. Hopefully that stupid "ghost gun" bill doesn't pass so when I do turn this paperweight into a lower, I don't have to go through those stupid steps to register it.

Quote from Cooper:

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Old 02-04-2014, 3:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Good deal. Does anyone know what kinda blems would be on something like this?
Old 02-04-2014, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0use View Post
Good deal. Does anyone know what kinda blems would be on something like this?
"Blemish: Some blemishes are slight scratches or dings. Larger surface blemishes at worst are no more than a quarter inch. Again these blemishes are purely cosmetic and do not affect the functionality of a completed receiver.

THIS IS A BLEMISHED/DISCOUNTED RECEIVER - THERE ARE NO RETURNS FOR DEFECTS UNLESS THEY ARE FUNCTIONAL."

Quote from Cooper:

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Old 02-04-2014, 3:44 PM

damn good price
Old 02-04-2014, 3:53 PM

VERY tempting!! I've never completed an 80% lower before. Hmmmm lol
Old 02-04-2014, 3:59 PM

shipping is a little steep, but good deal, thanks OP.
Old 02-04-2014, 4:54 PM

how easy to do on you own? with little tools?
Old 02-04-2014, 5:38 PM

Do you guys know of a discount code for them? The "like10" code no longer works and they were supposed to have another code out for $10 off.
Old 02-04-2014, 7:18 PM

Shipping to San Jose is $19 for 5... Brings it down to under $4 each. I might be interested in 1-2. Anyone else in this area interested in buying a few with me and we can all save a little on shipping? PM me if you are interested.
Old 02-04-2014, 8:58 PM

it should be this price or less.. FFL Anderson lowers go for $49.99 everywhere but california. the metal ain't worth ditto. I don't understand why we pay $80-150 for 80% lower... They are probably worried that SB808 is gonna pass soon... AMmo is getting cheap except for 22/9mm/45acp
Old 02-04-2014, 8:58 PM

regardless.. it's a great deal, FINALLY!! Thanks OP
Old 02-04-2014, 9:56 PM
Veteran Member

Dang.... I like the price, I don't like the shipping.

I might be down for a couple but $15 for shipping hurts.

I agree, it's a better deal than we are used to, and I still might pull the proverbial trigger Thanks BKSA for the post!

Last edited by Fryall4; 02-04-2014 at 9:59 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM

Anyone in the Stockton area interested I'll get 2 and split shipping with
Old 02-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Banned

Great deal, must....resist

Thanks OP!
Old 02-05-2014, 1:25 AM

$15 shipping to OC kills it. Oh well, I was gonna buy one too.

Last edited by nil; 02-05-2014 at 1:43 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 8:21 AM

$13.05 to ship to Pomona...$53.04 out the door for mine not bad at all
Old 02-05-2014, 8:26 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
$15 shipping to OC kills it. Oh well, I was gonna buy one too.
Do a group buy to reduce and split shipping cost... I might be in for one...
Old 02-05-2014, 9:03 AM

I just bought 3. Total is $46 per 80%. If you guys are interested let me know. PU in north OC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post

Last edited by daobn24; 02-05-2014 at 9:07 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 9:21 AM
Calguns Addict

If you call them they will ship usps flat rate =]
Old 02-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0use View Post
If you call them they will ship usps flat rate =]
Just spoke with Nathan over at Tactical Machining, great guy, he explained that they don't do flat-rate boxes on lowers specifically because the majority of the time they get damaged or lost during shipping. The flat rate boxes are just a little too small. I completely understand this, I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get my product in one piece

He also told me these are selling like hotcakes, orders every minute, so if you want one BUY NOW, they may not be in stock much longer!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon3 View Post
He also told me these are selling like hotcakes, orders every minute, so if you want one BUY NOW, they may not be in stock much longer!
This. There was over 500 in the live inventory last night and right now there is less than 90 left.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
it should be this price or less.. FFL Anderson lowers go for $49.99 everywhere but california. the metal ain't worth ditto. I don't understand why we pay $80-150 for 80% lower... They are probably worried that SB808 is gonna pass soon... AMmo is getting cheap except for 22/9mm/45acp
A member advised me of this thread so I thought I would stop in.

Anderson is literately not making anything on their products and trying to blow out as many as possible if they are $49.99, when I look at their site its like $80 though. I know the costs of making these and between the 100% and 80% the machine time is pretty much the same, we actually make more 100%'s under variance than 80%'s. Last year by the way the forgings were over $20 some times, and we have PO's that run an entire year so it is worse for other people who do not run an entire year out. This is not including machining, deburing, broach, tumble, inspection, packaging, power, insurance, and everything else. We are selling these under cost.

The reason for this sale is that I walked into the warehouse and saw them stacked in 40 unit boxes to the roof. I am just clearing out the warehouse to make room for .308's.

The blemishes are not machining but forging related. It is random too. I have seen some that looked perfect. I have seem blobs of metal on them, gouges, scratches, dings, blow outs on the pivot pin hole, all sorts of stuff like that. All are 100% useable. I actually only use blems personally but that's because I get them for free.

On the shipping, fedex is tied directly to the website. We are in FL so it is across the country. I have no problem shipping flat rate like someone said if you call, normally. The reason not on lowers is that 8 out of 10 in a small box will get destroyed as there is no room for packaging on the sides and they will get bulged a small amount and USPS's machinery just destroys the lowers in these boxes. Jigs and such no problem just call, not on lowers though. We do not up charge shipping so its not a money thing, its a keep the customer happy thing and prevent you calling me mad your lowers got destroyed or the box is empty. You wouldn't believe how many times that happened too.

We are about 1-3 hours away from closing the sale due to running out so if you want them, order now.

Lastly thank you Antagon3 for your time on the phone, letting me know of this thread (I normally do not go in this section), the compliments, and posting here. You rock.
Deland, FL 32724
Phone 386-490-4464
fax 386-490-4890
Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon3 View Post
Just spoke with Nathan over at Tactical Machining, great guy, he explained that they don't do flat-rate boxes on lowers specifically because the majority of the time they get damaged or lost during shipping. The flat rate boxes are just a little too small. I completely understand this, I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get my product in one piece

Has anyone ever contacted a company like this and asked if we can get a discount, for example if 100 people show interest they will shoot us a discount code or something? i feel like with calguns buying power if we got organized we could probably leverage some better deals without having to deal with the group buy hassle?

because ive noticed something gets posted in marketplace and sells out within the day. use it to our advantage?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highintel View Post
This. There was over 500 in the live inventory last night and right now there is less than 90 left.
We had way more than that when I left last night, website might not have been updated though as we like to close the site before we run out completely so we do not oversell. A few min ago I did a check on web sales and phone sales, yeah this will end soon.
Deland, FL 32724
Phone 386-490-4464
fax 386-490-4890
Old 02-05-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juelz919 View Post
Has anyone ever contacted a company like this and asked if we can get a discount, for example if 100 people show interest they will shoot us a discount code or something? i feel like with calguns buying power if we got organized we could probably leverage some better deals without having to deal with the group buy hassle?

because ive noticed something gets posted in marketplace and sells out within the day. use it to our advantage?
I used to give $5 off for calguns on phone sales before we lowered our prices , and at one point there was a coupon code for it. Not on an item thats under cost though, even if it was 1k of them. People have all ready tried, I have been on the phone with dealers asking for a discount all day.

We did have a facebook one for a while but it got abused by people so we shut it down. It was supposed to be a one time use but people made new logins and used it again, some 10 times in a day. Even after I personally called and asked not to do this, it was more than one person too.
Deland, FL 32724
Phone 386-490-4464
fax 386-490-4890
Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 AM

So glad I bought mine when I did, these are selling quick
Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daobn24 View Post
I just bought 3. Total is $46 per 80%. If you guys are interested let me know. PU in north OC.

I'll take one.

PM me when you get them... thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
Same here. I would get 1-2
Old 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Krynn View Post
A member advised me of this thread so I thought I would stop in.

Anderson is literately not making anything on their products and trying to blow out as many as possible if they are $49.99, when I look at their site its like $80 though. I know the costs of making these and between the 100% and 80% the machine time is pretty much the same, we actually make more 100%'s under variance than 80%'s. Last year by the way the forgings were over $20 some times, and we have PO's that run an entire year so it is worse for other people who do not run an entire year out. This is not including machining, deburing, broach, tumble, inspection, packaging, power, insurance, and everything else. We are selling these under cost.

The reason for this sale is that I walked into the warehouse and saw them stacked in 40 unit boxes to the roof. I am just clearing out the warehouse to make room for .308's.

The blemishes are not machining but forging related. It is random too. I have seen some that looked perfect. I have seem blobs of metal on them, gouges, scratches, dings, blow outs on the pivot pin hole, all sorts of stuff like that. All are 100% useable. I actually only use blems personally but that's because I get them for free.

On the shipping, fedex is tied directly to the website. We are in FL so it is across the country. I have no problem shipping flat rate like someone said if you call, normally. The reason not on lowers is that 8 out of 10 in a small box will get destroyed as there is no room for packaging on the sides and they will get bulged a small amount and USPS's machinery just destroys the lowers in these boxes. Jigs and such no problem just call, not on lowers though. We do not up charge shipping so its not a money thing, its a keep the customer happy thing and prevent you calling me mad your lowers got destroyed or the box is empty. You wouldn't believe how many times that happened too.

We are about 1-3 hours away from closing the sale due to running out so if you want them, order now.

Lastly thank you Antagon3 for your time on the phone, letting me know of this thread (I normally do not go in this section), the compliments, and posting here. You rock.
I waited almost a year for Brownell's to fulfill my TM stripped lower order...it was a great price, so I decided to keep the order and would cancel it if any legislation was going to pass on it, lucky none really did.

The anodizing is much better than any other lower I own (I've got some Spike's, Megas, Noveske), and everything fits like a glove...no slop.

Can't wait to get my 80%, and I'm glad I purchased it right when it was posted (thanks OP!). Figured the shipping cost added still made it a good deal, and tried not to get hung up on it's price.

TM makes incredible products...never will I doubt their quality. Ahd about the blems, hopefully a good Cerakoting will cover up most of that

Quote from Cooper:

Old 02-05-2014, 12:16 PM

Just went OOS while I was checking out. If anyone in north OC bought more than they needed to save on shipping let me know. I'd gladly buy a couple including shipping costs. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I used to give $5 off for calguns on phone sales before we lowered our prices , and at one point there was a coupon code for it. Not on an item thats under cost though, even if it was 1k of them. People have all ready tried, I have been on the phone with dealers asking for a discount all day.

We did have a facebook one for a while but it got abused by people so we shut it down. It was supposed to be a one time use but people made new logins and used it again, some 10 times in a day. Even after I personally called and asked not to do this, it was more than one person too.
people always have to abuse a good thing.
I already got my order in if everything goes smoothly you've gotten another loyal customer out of me.

Have a good day and good luck with your company
Old 02-05-2014, 12:41 PM

Nathan

Thanks for the great deal and for responding to our questions.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:46 PM

I really thank you for the compliments, it is so nice to hear that stuff.

We use the same anodizer that has the .mill contract. They are completely automated so it comes out nice, and they actually change their dye tanks. The dye tank thing is my pet peeve as it is so cheap to do and people do not do it enough and it messes with the color. They are far away and it takes a bit too long to do but its worth it. No one is perfect in that industry but they do pretty good about letting us know about stuff.

Nathan
Deland, FL 32724
Phone 386-490-4464
fax 386-490-4890
Old 02-05-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bake View Post
Nathan

Thanks for the great deal and for responding to our questions.
No problem, I wish I could do more but I do not get a lot of "free" time here.
Deland, FL 32724
Phone 386-490-4464
fax 386-490-4890
Old 02-05-2014, 12:57 PM

Sorry guys its done. Matter fact we over sold, that's okay though as some people will get non blems.
Deland, FL 32724
Phone 386-490-4464
fax 386-490-4890
Old 02-05-2014, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry guys its done. Matter fact we over sold, that's okay though as some people will get non blems.
Boo, already got my shipping notice so I won't be getting a non-blem

Just kidding, I don't care. And major kudos to Nathan for overselling still coming through!

Quote from Cooper:

Old 02-05-2014, 1:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

awe they all sold out

maybe you could yet a 4 year old run through your warehouse with a mill bastard
Old 02-05-2014, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daobn24 View Post
I'll take one. PM incoming.
Old 02-05-2014, 1:47 PM

Thank you guys, seriously we do try to take care of our customers.

Yeah I still have over a hundred orders that have not been processed, they will be tomorrow and some of those will get the non-blems. Please don't request it though as this is 100% random.

We try to ship within 24 business hours but sometimes we get hung up with a lot of order like this but I brought in reinforcements in to help so it will be done tomorrow.
Deland, FL 32724
Phone 386-490-4464
fax 386-490-4890