Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2018, 1:02 AM

Red face Shotgun class (w/range time) around Oxnard?

Anyone know of a descent BASIC shotgun course/class in the Oxnard or surrounding areas? Nothing super tactical, expensive or advanced. Just a basic course that includes range time. I live in Northern Ca and I had bought my son an 870 for his birthday. I'm trying to find and pay for shotgun training also. Any ideas?
Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-05-2019, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlv290 View Post
Anyone know of a descent BASIC shotgun course/class in the Oxnard or surrounding areas? Nothing super tactical, expensive or advanced. Just a basic course that includes range time. I live in Northern Ca and I had bought my son an 870 for his birthday. I'm trying to find and pay for shotgun training also. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!
Shooters paradise in Oxnard has a team of instructors that work for the range. It's personal instruction not a group class. I shoot there all the time can't vouch for the quality of instruction but they're decent people and don't come off as the holier than thou type.
Funny this last week was the first time I saw them doing home defense shotgun training at the range, usually it's ccw and handgun home defense work.

It is an indoor range so he'll be in a stall, theyre not going to be teaching movements and cover. If you're with an instructor they do let you draw your pistol from a holster.

If he wants to be outdoors and moving around look into California Tactical Academy in Piru, Angeles shooting Range and Oaktree all 45-1hour from oxnard. I have no idea what any of them offer but California Tactical is always sending emails promoting their classes.

Last edited by ac398; 03-05-2019 at 7:28 PM..