Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 09-19-2017, 2:55 PM

Default X3 Rifle Match is Back 9/24/17 - Piru, CA

The X3 Rifle Match is back! The X3 Rifle Match is Southern California's premier all-rifle match held at the California Tactical Academy (www.californiatacticalacademy.com) in Piru, CA - just a short drive away from LA and Ventura. This match will feature 6 stages that combine close quarters and precision shooting. Targets include standard and half-sized USPSA paper targets, reactive steel targets, and clay targets.

Register for the match here: https://practiscore.com/dwb-x3-rifle...-2017/register

All you need is you, your rifle, enough magazines for 30-40 rounds per stage, and ammunition for the day. Round count will be around 250 rounds total. Registration opens at 0730, there is a mandatory shooters meeting at 0830, and shooting starts at 0845 sharp! If you want to squad with your friends, you had better sign up early as the squads fill up very quickly. Match fees for the event will be $40 and need to either be paid in advance on the CTA website or at the public range on your way in. All shooters must stop at the public range to sign the range waiver on the way in.

Safety Requirements:
All long guns must have a safety/chamber flag installed when not on the line.
All long guns must be bagged or cased when transported between your car to the stages as well as between stages.

Divisions:

Limited (No Magnification - RDS allowed)
Tactical (1 magnified optic allowed + secondary iron sights)
Open (Multiple electronic optics allowed)
Heavy Metal Limited (.30 cal or larger, No Magnification - RDS allowed)
Heavy Metal Tactical (.30 cal or larger, 1 magnified optic allowed + secondary iron sights)
CA 10-Round

Rules are based off of the USPSA Multigun Rules (http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php)

Scoring is basic Time-Plus with stage points. All USPSA paper targets require one "A or B" hit or two hits anywhere else to neutralize. All steel targets must be hit to be neutralized. The rifle spinner must spin 360-degrees to be neutralized. Penalties are assessed for a single "C" or "D" zone hit (+5s), no-shoot hits - max 2 per target (+5s), failure to neutralize (target engaged-no hits) (+10s), failure to engage (+15s), and failure to complete an obstacle like a rifle spinner (+60) - although this last one won't be in every match. When there is long range rifle steel in the match (200+ yards), it is designated as Enhanced Penalty Targets and a failure to neutralize any of those will be a +20s penalty.

For more information, follow us on Facebook @deadwoodboys https://www.facebook.com/deadwoodboys
Attached Files
File Type: pdf X3 Rifle Match 24 September 2017.pdf (140.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Mazdaspeed Jon; 09-22-2017 at 8:58 AM..
Old 09-20-2017, 4:43 PM

Were you guys able to put back steel on the hills on the "rifle" side? Or is it all on the (the old) "pistol" side of the canyon?
Old 09-20-2017, 4:45 PM

There will be 4 stages on the "rifle" side and two on the "pistol" side. We have done extensive berm work on the X3 bays and now have two of the largest shooting bays around. There will be long range steel too. We just put up our two brand new MGM flashers and still have 2-3 more to put up on Saturday!
Old 09-21-2017, 8:54 PM

Is there still a uspsa match? Website says there is but just want to double check
Old 09-22-2017, 8:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris21 View Post
Is there still a uspsa match? Website says there is but just want to double check
No. Through the end of the year the 4th Sunday will be alternating between a rifle match and a 3 gun match.
Old 09-22-2017, 8:58 AM

Stages have been posted!
Old 09-24-2017, 11:46 AM

Can I run an SKS in the rifle matches? I obviously understand I'll be slower than those who can drop mags

-Clint Smith
Old 09-25-2017, 7:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyAdeline View Post
Can I run an SKS in the rifle matches? I obviously understand I'll be slower than those who can drop mags
Hi Benny,

Sorry I missed your question. Yes, you can run an SKS as long as you make sure to execute the reloads safely (minding muzzle direction, etc.). Because of the way scoring is done, targets need 2 shots anywhere or one hit in the "Alpha" zone to be neutralized. In your case, the best strategy for you might be to aim for all alpha shots rather than just trying to get two anywhere. That will minimize the number of reloads you need to take and will keep you from hitting the 90second par time of the stages.
Old 09-25-2017, 7:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed Jon View Post
Hi Benny,

Sorry I missed your question. Yes, you can run an SKS as long as you make sure to execute the reloads safely (minding muzzle direction, etc.). Because of the way scoring is done, targets need 2 shots anywhere or one hit in the "Alpha" zone to be neutralized. In your case, the best strategy for you might be to aim for all alpha shots rather than just trying to get two anywhere. That will minimize the number of reloads you need to take and will keep you from hitting the 90second par time of the stages.
Cool! Sounds fun

That's good advice in going for alpha only. I'm looking forward to running my commie rifle in a fun match. I'll be at the next one for sure.

-Clint Smith
Old 09-25-2017, 8:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyAdeline View Post
Cool! Sounds fun

That's good advice in going for alpha only. I'm looking forward to running my commie rifle in a fun match. I'll be at the next one for sure.
Awesome. We had about five people running AKs yesterday. Three or four of them were chambered in 5.56, but at least one was running 7.62x39 - and she was hitting the 300 yard target with iron sights too!