Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 5:44 PM

Lightbulb Price for FN Five-Seven 5.7 MK1?

Hi all, my apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I wasn't sure where to post it.

I have a FN Five-Seven MK1 that is unfired. It's from 2004, and has an I.O.M. black box, 3 10 round clips, and an unused cleaning kit.

What is the value of this gun? I'm interested in selling it, but my local gun shop said they wouldn't sell it for more than 1250, and there were two guys in the shop that wanted it right then and there. I paid 2000 for it when it was still on the roster, so I don't want to lose 750.

Also, is it legal to buy this gun in another state and bring it into California, since it's not on the roster? I see the MK2 models selling for around this price in other states.

Thanks for any information you can give me about this.
Old 07-18-2014, 2:53 PM
CGN Contributor

The value of anything is not determined by anyone but the buyer and seller.
Nothing is worth more than what a ready, willing and able buy is ready to spend when you are ready to sell.

If it's off roster you cannot buy and bring back.
Old 07-23-2014, 9:57 PM

You can look on Gunbroker etc, but to be honest, I believe the LGS is right. I had the very same gun not too long ago and sold it for a tad over 1K (round trigger IOM ) here on calguns. The 5.7 guns like the PS90 and 5-7 have lost alot of popularity imho to newer pistols and rifles. The value people are asking honestly way too much . Sure its collectible but to those who only want it, the market for these and the value are not as high at long as the newer version are hovering round 1000~1200. Sometimes what you paid vs what its worth are far off, personally I would keep it. (dont forget people where paying 2~3k for AR's not too long ago when they were only worth 8-900$) due to the frenzy

Here was my original post in case you were wondering, like i said, I believe you LGS is pretty fair, if someone is there in store willing to pay you more then go for it.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=401088

Last edited by floorance; 07-23-2014 at 10:00 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 8:07 AM

Heard a lgs sell it for $1200 and was very impressed/pleased with the sale.

Just wondering, how come you never shot it for 10 years? Was a display item?