Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-19-2019, 11:00 PM

Default LCR .38 snubbie carry location?

Where do you guys carry your stubby? I like to carry mine around 2:00 IWB, but I find it hard to get a good grip on gun when drawing there unless I cant it back a lot (which seems unnatural). Carrying it at 3:00 is a much better draw but I tend to print more there with just a t shirt. When I first bought it I was thinking to pocket carry but that has been a bust: a bit too large, and very hard to draw quickly from pocket. But I am loving this holster....

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story...8-4805f7ccd997

I would love to hear where you carry snubbie and why.

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:47 PM

my stubby is where I was born with it, however my snubbie rides in my left front pants pocket, or in my berne cc vest left side pocket. I use a uncle Mike's number 4 pocket holster
Old 01-20-2019, 12:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

IWB 3:00
Or appendix

I forgot a holster on one trip. Front right pocket. Used the cardboard from the hotel stationary in the pocket to break up the outline

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g_a7dQXilCo
“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 01-20-2019, 12:18 AM
Calguns Addict

You might try "Old School" cross draw: easier to draw when seated (car, office, restaurant) than dominate side hip.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 01-20-2019, 8:37 AM

JM Custom Kydex IWB @ 3:30-4:00. Not real happy, seems to ride a little to high. Still looking for the "perfect" holster. May look at the Slim-Tuk.
Old 01-20-2019, 9:48 AM

IWB at 3:30 - 4:00. Sideguard Quick Clip. Very comfortable; easy to access.

Pocket carry - High Noon

Old 01-20-2019, 9:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centralcoastguy View Post
Where do you guys carry your stubby? I like to carry mine around 2:00 IWB, but I find it hard to get a good grip on gun when drawing there unless I cant it back a lot (which seems unnatural). Carrying it at 3:00 is a much better draw but I tend to print more there with just a t shirt. When I first bought it I was thinking to pocket carry but that has been a bust: a bit too large, and very hard to draw quickly from pocket. But I am loving this holster....

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story...8-4805f7ccd997

I would love to hear where you carry snubbie and why.

Thank you in advance.
Unless your wearing skin tight spandex shirts the .38 should not print in a noticeable way. I say that have fitted more than a thousand people for concealed carry. If your holster is cant adjustable move the gun to just behind you side pocket (3:30) and cant it forward about 15 degrees (yes the FBI cant - they had money and did quality studies). Now this will feel a little odd when your standing straight gun slinger style, but truth be told in any real world situation your either going to be grappling, kneeling behind cover, sitting or in an athletic position and in each of these cases it will be perfect. (at the flat range not so much). Most shirts are cut most generously along the side because we turn side to side around our cores and the shirt has to flow and not bind.

Your not hiding the gun, your pant already do that your hiding the grip, and for most people if there were a slight bulge occasionally they would have no idea what they were looking at. The beauty of this carry position is that you can draw the gun one handed from conceal well sitting in your car with the seat belt on.

Give it a try. If your staring at yourself in the mirror and just able to make out that you have a gun, your looking for it, the rest of the world is not. There are 80,000 CCW in California +/-, there approximately 13 million in the U.S. (not all CCW require a permit so the FBI numbers have wiggle room) There are 26 million people using adult diapers daily, every store carries them, grocery stores, club stores, department stores, drug stores. If your in So. Cal there are several major retirement communities such as Leisure World. When was the last time you noticed someone wearing and adult diaper. Same concept.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:01 PM

Pocket carry 90% of the time with the .38
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Old 01-21-2019, 9:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
If your in So. Cal there are several major retirement communities such as Seizure World. When was the last time you noticed someone wearing and adult diaper. Same concept.
Yeah but guns don't smell.
Old 01-21-2019, 5:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I carry a 442 in a concealed carry concepts Uno holster, generally at about the 130 position.
Old 01-24-2019, 7:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Appendix. Barami Hip Grip and a Uncle Mike's pocket holster so the front sight doesn't dig into me.

When I drive I slide it over to the weak side at 10-11 o clock.
Old 01-25-2019, 9:34 AM

Clipdraw on my S&W 340PD, appendix.
Old 01-25-2019, 3:57 PM
Veteran Member

Carry my LCR appendix in an inexpensive leather holster or Desantis pocket holster.