Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2016, 6:15 PM

Default West End Sponsorship

I truly apologize if this is the wrong place to do this but I'm looking for a sponsorship signature, maybe two for a membership at West End Shooting Club. I have one signature but need two more. I have another buddy that has a membership but his phone has been disconnected and I haven't heard from him in a while.

Note, I'm not just asking for someone to vouch for me and not get to know me. I'll be happy to earn your trust. Maybe go shooting one day or something. I visited west end once and a public range just won't cut it anymore. I love it there. I just finished a Top Gun training there today.

I also plan to visit the meetings to meet some people there. So, if you'll be there, let me know.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2016, 8:20 PM

Im going there tomorrow (the range) to shoot and hopefully meet a few people. I'm in the same boat as you are. It was suggested that i just go shoot, meet a few members and get signatures that way. The waiting list is for next year anyway so I may as well have fun in the mean time. I usually shoot at Lytle anyway.
Old 06-11-2016, 9:41 PM

I'm a member there. If you spend any time there at all you won't have any issues getting someone to sign. I'm usually there on weekends shooting one of the matches...
Old 06-12-2016, 9:29 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

when I joined WEGC, I didn't collect 3 signatures. I turned in the app and when the new membership timeframe came up, the club officers just signed the apps when everyone joined.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwnielsen View Post
Im going there tomorrow (the range) to shoot and hopefully meet a few people. I'm in the same boat as you are. It was suggested that i just go shoot, meet a few members and get signatures that way. The waiting list is for next year anyway so I may as well have fun in the mean time. I usually shoot at Lytle anyway.
I need to get down there again. Crazy thing is, I was there for a top gun training all day yesterday. I came home, checked my mail, and there the letter was from WEGC telling me I needed two more sponsors. I had one already. The guy at the gun show just told me to fill it out and mail it in. I didn't think I needed all three.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30cal 3vGT View Post
I'm a member there. If you spend any time there at all you won't have any issues getting someone to sign. I'm usually there on weekends shooting one of the matches...
May I ask where you live? Or can we maybe meet up there or another place so I can discuss your sponsoring my application?
Old 06-12-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
when I joined WEGC, I didn't collect 3 signatures. I turned in the app and when the new membership timeframe came up, the club officers just signed the apps when everyone joined.
I was told just to mail it in with the one signature. I got it back yesterday telling me I need three. So, I'm looking for two more
Old 06-12-2016, 1:40 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingchris626 View Post
I was told just to mail it in with the one signature. I got it back yesterday telling me I need three. So, I'm looking for two more
they must have changed the policy. I sent mine in with ZERO signatures. I had even hit up the members at the gun show booth about signing it and they had said to just send it in and I would get my signatures at the induction meeting.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 06-12-2016, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingchris626 View Post
May I ask where you live? Or can we maybe meet up there or another place so I can discuss your sponsoring my application?
Check pm's
Old 06-12-2016, 11:39 PM

Since there's a waiting list for Full membership and there won't be openings until next year, you might consider a Limited membership, $65 a year and $5 per visit.Good only on Friday through Sunday on the Main Range .
It's a good place to meet Full members and get the rest of your signatures.
Old 06-13-2016, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamW View Post
Since there's a waiting list for Full membership and there won't be openings until next year, you might consider a Limited membership, $65 a year and $5 per visit.Good only on Friday through Sunday on the Main Range .
Thank you for the response. I'm already on the waiting list. I just need the signatures. The letter they sent me says that I'm not losing my place in line, luckily. I'm hoping to get the signatures asap so I can mail it in. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-18-2016, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamW View Post
I'm thinking about doing this too. Problem is I am an active leo and normally work weekends....so that's a problem if I want to join wegc....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2016, 7:02 AM

I'm in the same boat - got my application back asking for three signatures. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the IDPA shoot this month and gather a few, otherwise I may have to try and hit a meeting.
Old 07-12-2016, 7:26 AM

Default West end

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMguy View Post
I'm in the same boat - got my application back asking for three signatures. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the IDPA shoot this month and gather a few, otherwise I may have to try and hit a meeting.
What number did they write at the top of your application?
Old 07-14-2016, 6:44 AM

115, I think.
Old 07-14-2016, 7:35 AM

That's pretty good. You might make it in next year. They open 100-150 spots per year, depending on how many people don't renew. I'm 240!
Old 07-14-2016, 11:18 AM

Hmm, good to know! I'll cross my fingers.