Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 05-24-2020, 8:21 AM

Default Oregon Non Resident CCW Renewal

With all the disruption the Covid 19 Virus is causing for CCW renewal, I found a bit of good news. Living in a rural NE CA county, our SO is shall issue. Traveling frequently to Reno, I have NV and UT permits. That left a gap with Oregon to the North, as they, like CA, do not recognize reciprcity with any other states. Only a few counties in Oregon issue non resident permits and mostly to holders of permit holders from adjoining states. Five years ago I took a trip to Southern Oregon and applied for and was granted a permit from Klamath County. You have to apply in person for both the initial license and renewals. Mine expires next month and was dreading having to drive there given the current restrictions. However, after checking their website, they are allowing renewals by mail/email for expired/expiring permits. I emailed all the required documents and put a check in the mail. Kudos to Klamath County for being so responsive.
Old 05-24-2020, 1:15 PM

That's awesome news! My OR CHL is issued by Klamath County too. Originally started with Grant County but after they stopped for a while, I transferred to Klamath. Mine will expire in 2022 but it's nice to hear Sheriff Kabar is quick to adapt to unforeseen situations.
American Legion Member

CCW: OR, UT, FL, AZ, NV & CA

"Every tyrant in history has known you can't control an armed population. That is why Hitler, Stalin and Mao were strongly against an armed citizenry, while George Washington, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were for it." - B. Wentzel, AZ.
Old 05-25-2020, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronanld View Post
With all the disruption the Covid 19 Virus is causing for CCW renewal, I found a bit of good news. Living in a rural NE CA county, our SO is shall issue. Traveling frequently to Reno, I have NV and UT permits. That left a gap with Oregon to the North, as they, like CA, do not recognize reciprcity with any other states. Only a few counties in Oregon issue non resident permits and mostly to holders of permit holders from adjoining states. Five years ago I took a trip to Southern Oregon and applied for and was granted a permit from Klamath County. You have to apply in person for both the initial license and renewals. Mine expires next month and was dreading having to drive there given the current restrictions. However, after checking their website, they are allowing renewals by mail/email for expired/expiring permits. I emailed all the required documents and put a check in the mail. Kudos to Klamath County for being so responsive.
You don't have to be a permit holder from anywhere period to apply in Oregon. However per Oregon state law, an Oregon Sheriff can only issue to non-residents from States that are contiguous to Oregon!
Old 05-26-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenax View Post
That's awesome news! My OR CHL is issued by Klamath County too. Originally started with Grant County but after they stopped for a while, I transferred to Klamath. Mine will expire in 2022 but it's nice to hear Sheriff Kabar is quick to adapt to unforeseen situations.
This is great news. My OR CHL was also issued by the Klamath County Sheriff and also expires in 2022. I was going to switch to Grant County to do the change of address from CA to ID. Today, I called the Klamath Sheriff's Office and was asked a few questions to help identify myself. I was told that since they already had my photo in their files, I only needed to complete the application and provide a copy of my ID driver's license, passport and OR CHL, which I could do by email, and mail in the $15.00 fee. Kudos to Sheriff Kaber!

Edit. Got my change of address OR CHL in yesterday's mail.

Last edited by BAJ475; 06-10-2020 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: Update