Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 01-23-2011, 7:48 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Why the Appleseed a Message for Calgunners

Hello Everyone
I suspect some of you have noticed the Appleseed push I have been driving and will continue to drive through this year, I have a reason for this effort and I would like to share it with everyone.

Last year I attended an Appleseed Shoot, I saw the shoot as a challenge to the rifle skills I thought I had, I figured it would be easy, I was wrong. I attended 4 more complete Appleseed Shoot, 2 with my wife and 2 on my own, before I got my Riflemen’s Patch. What I saw on the line was a mix or AR15’s, M1A’s, 10/22’s, Marlins, Lever Actions, Bolts, scoped rifles, peep sights, Garand’s, AR10’s, AR22’s, mini 14’s and more. I was out shot by a 64 year old Grand Ma (she smoked me!), several teens, several women and my wife  it was downright embarrassing, but I persisted. It wasn’t just the Riflemen’s challenge that brought me back to several shoots, it was the message.
The Appleseed instructors will talk about our American Heritage and give examples of Americans that sacrificed life and family for freedom. You will hear about a father leaving his sick and dying children at home with his wife to go and fight April 19, 1775, you will hear about an old man standing his ground and because he was a Riflemen he skillfully shot Officers and Soldiers, you will hear about what it means to be an American Riflemen, the self reliance, determination, decision making abilities, sense of community, honor, integrity and ability to shoot straight......they wanted to remain free subjects and not slaves to the ''more equal''..
When I heard these stories it reminded me of Calguns and the Calguns message. Calguns is a Community, the freedom fighters of April 19, 1775 fought for their community, and Calgunners fight for their community. A perfect current example; CGF for the past few months with the help of Calguns members have been fighting for our right to CCW, but in effect our Right to protect ourselves and others! April 19, 1775 the British forces would take the ball and powder from the store house so the colonist could not fight or hunt or protect their families and friends, they took their rights away to control them, does this sound familiar? AB962 wanted to take away our right to buy ammunition by chipping away at our options.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. TJefferson
Calguns and Appleseed have the same message, the difference is the Appleseed message comes from April 19th, 1775 and Calguns message is now, but they are the same. So my reason for bringing the Appleseed to Calguns is simple we share a love for our freedoms, we share a love for our community and we both should stand up and claim the liberties we are guaranteed by The Constitution, and given at birth by God. Listen to the arguments of the fearful, seek to explain and concentrate on the problems and not be sidetracked by the symptoms, and remind them we live in a Republic not a mob ruled Democracy. Our 2 Communities Calguns and Appleseed do not advocate violence, but rather self responsibility.
Attend an Appleseed you won’t regret it.

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 02-16-2011, 3:19 PM
Veteran Member

What did you qualify with?
Old 02-16-2011, 5:33 PM

My Rifleman experience at Appleseed:
First time: Ruger 10/22T (218)
Other times (rimfire): Mossberg M44 bolt action (239), 10/22 carbine
Other times (centerfire): AR-15, M1 Garand

Last edited by Rock6.3; 02-16-2011 at 9:03 PM..
Old 02-16-2011, 8:46 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

AQT = 228

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.