Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 08-18-2017, 8:33 AM

Default "Thin" CCW belt options?

Trying to choose an everyday CCW belt and I'm considering the Hank's Gunner belt or Extreme Concealed Carry belt. I know the 17oz Extreme is going to be more sturdy but I'm not sure I can handle the huge stack of leather in the buckle area. Anybody have any experience with the two or a recommendation on a "thin" alternative? I'd prefer something reinforced but not sure how important that is while only carrying a Glock 43.
Old 08-18-2017, 8:49 AM

This,
https://www.koreessentials.com/ no huge stack of leather in the buckle area
Old 08-18-2017, 9:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The hanks 17oz is a very nice sturdy belt but if you carry an iPhone case the belt is to thick for phone case.

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 08-18-2017, 9:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Fresno Bob, Is this the same belt as the non gun belt version advertised on TV?
Old 08-18-2017, 9:26 AM

i have one of these one the way. belts are 3/16"-1/4" thick, made in USA. and they have a sizing note in case you IWB carry

https://www.bullhidebelts.com/pages/shop-belts
Old 08-19-2017, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
Fresno Bob, Is this the same belt as the non gun belt version advertised on TV?
They make non-gun belts too. The gun belts have "Reinforced Poly-Core center for added stiffness and stability"
I also have an Armour gun belt https://www.armourbelts.com/gun-belts
that's very nice but it looks like a gun belt. The nice thing about the Kore is it not screaming " he's wearing a gun belt " I wear the Kore belts for work. ( I have two )
Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 AM
Calguns Addict

FresnoRob, Thanks. One more question about the Kore gunbelt. How well does the buckle stay clamped tight to the cut end, if you end up getting physical?

Last edited by Chewy65; 08-20-2017 at 10:08 AM..
Old 08-20-2017, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. I wasn't into the buckles on the Kore. I ended up going with a Bigfoot 14oz steel core. Not quite as thick as some others and made in the USA. Plenty of good reviews. Basically identical to the Alien Gear belt. We'll see how it goes. Should be here in a few days.
Old 08-20-2017, 4:04 PM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

Trayvax just came out with a really nice belt i have been wearing. Thin and holds a glock 19 iwb well.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 08-20-2017, 6:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post
Trying to choose an everyday CCW belt and I'm considering the Hank's Gunner belt or Extreme Concealed Carry belt. I know the 17oz Extreme is going to be more sturdy but I'm not sure I can handle the huge stack of leather in the buckle area. Anybody have any experience with the two or a recommendation on a "thin" alternative? I'd prefer something reinforced but not sure how important that is while only carrying a Glock 43.
You don't need a gun belt to carry a G43. In fact you depending on holster you don't need a belt at all. It is quite likely what you have will work fine for a G43. The only issue you have to resolve is if your holster uses a clip that secures under the belt, then your belt has to be thick enough to assure the clip wont slip off the belt when you yank hard on your gun.

Much of this belt stuff is from the days of OWB carry and or carrying full size service weapons with hi caps in a heavy caliber such as 45.

If you want to wear a thin belt what you need to concentrate in on the holsters clip, and the fact is there are clips available that don't require you to wear a belt at all.

Feel free to call if you want to discuss.
Old 08-20-2017, 7:01 PM
Veteran Member

If your going to go with a track belt and they are wonderful, go with Nexbelt. The cost a little more than Kore because they are just plain better. They are in their fifth generation since releasing the original belt two years ago. I have worked with them as a consultant as have the team at Blade Tech. The belt is athletic as one would expect from a company that started by manufacturing belts used by professionals on the PGA tour. When they decided to do a gun belt they kept the mobilty but added lateral stregth to bear weight. Now with the new buckle designed to satisfy law enforcement clients is can take for than 1500lbs of pull when properly attached. Yes they are $50 for the nylon.

You likely don't need a gun belt for California CCW, but if you do consider one that you would wear if you weren't wearing a gun.

Yes I sell Nexbelt, but I also sell Super Bio Belts, Bull Belts and some others, but those are for much more strenuous use such as three gun.
Old 08-21-2017, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
If your going to go with a track belt and they are wonderful, go with Nexbelt. The cost a little more than Kore because they are just plain better. They are in their fifth generation since releasing the original belt two years ago. I have worked with them as a consultant as have the team at Blade Tech. The belt is athletic as one would expect from a company that started by manufacturing belts used by professionals on the PGA tour. When they decided to do a gun belt they kept the mobilty but added lateral stregth to bear weight. Now with the new buckle designed to satisfy law enforcement clients is can take for than 1500lbs of pull when properly attached. Yes they are $50 for the nylon.

You likely don't need a gun belt for California CCW, but if you do consider one that you would wear if you weren't wearing a gun.

Yes I sell Nexbelt, but I also sell Super Bio Belts, Bull Belts and some others, but those are for much more strenuous use such as three gun.
Nextbelt is terrible! I have had mine for about 8 months and it is starting to bow. I have called the company numerous times and they will not get back to me.
Old 08-21-2017, 1:58 PM

My mistake for not making it clear that I am only looking at leather belts. I want something non "tactical". I find that even with the Glock 43 I need something more sturdy than my regular belt. I also plan to carry a Glock 19 and 21SF from time to time in cooler weather. We'll see how it goes with the Bigfoot.
Old 08-21-2017, 3:03 PM

Default "Thin" CCW belt options?

Max perdition makes a nice belt. It's a synthetic, but has held up insanely well for me. I don't ccw , but I wear this belt daily, and use it anytime I'm shooting (fun/camping, USPSA, or classes). It's about 5 years old now and looks practically new. This thing has been through rivers, surf, rocks, and mud.

I be ordering a new one here soon, as this one seems to have "shrank" over the last few years . I guess the wife will be getting a pass me down.

https://www.maxpedition.com/products...nt=31909408593

Edit: just realized that's the 1.25" belt. They also have a 1.5" option.

Last edited by terry4130; 08-21-2017 at 3:07 PM..
Old 08-22-2017, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
FresnoRob, Thanks. One more question about the Kore gunbelt. How well does the buckle stay clamped tight to the cut end, if you end up getting physical?
I have never had the belt buckle come lose. I'm older and don't do a lot physical work so your mileage may very. The hardest thing for me was cutting it straight.
Old 08-22-2017, 6:24 PM

FYI got the Bigfoot belt in the mail yesterday. Belt is great. Very nice and not too thick but very rigid. The only problem is that it's far too small. I wear size 35 to 36 pants so they recommend a size 40 belt. I can just get to the first belt hole and not even close if carrying IWB. Will have to exchange.
Old 08-22-2017, 6:34 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoRob View Post
This,
This.

Been part of my EDC rig for well over a year and I'll never go back to the 1/4" thick leather products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-23-2017, 9:27 AM

If you ever ditch the john wayne leather and come to the darkside of light, rugged, comfortable, happiness...

...I recently came across an amazing company out of VT - Mastermind Tactics.

www.mastermindtactics.com/shopmastermind/slimedc

This belt was constructed specifically for appendix carry.
It measures a whopping 3.5mm thick, and is sturdy enough to conceal a vp9 at 3-4 oclock, and has a very low profile loop.

Made in America, a lifetime warranty...and a bank-breaking $28.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:41 PM

I'm running Hanks Gunner belt with a Alien Gear Cloak 3 for about 1 year. I like the belt. I work in an office environment and tuck my shirt in about 25% of the time. I wanted something that doesn't scream tactical, or looks cheap, can be used dressed up or down, and doesn't cost $100.

The pros are:
1) Not to stiff. Good enough for a G19. Keeps things put when running up and down the stairs in the office. I'm no Jason Borne or Batman so I don't need a lot.
2) It looks like a normal belt. So in the office, church, or general shirt tucked in scene no one is the wiser.
3) Customer service is awesome. I ordered a second brown belt and totally goofed on the size. It was my bad and told them I would pay to ship back, but they insisted for return shipping no questions asked.

Cons:
1) it's thick. At the buckle it's almost too thick, making it pretty much impossible to AIWB. I can manage with the Shield in a stealth revolution, but it's not ideal. And can't with the 19 (Obviously the is shirt untucked).

I'm dead set on trying to make appendix carry work, so I'm shopping for a different belt. Like the Kore Essentials or Ares Ranger ratcheting style. I just don't feel like dropping $100 for a belt right now.
Old 08-24-2017, 1:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Try a Remora Holster

https://youtu.be/EkESB09tgzA
Old 08-24-2017, 2:19 PM

KORE is the bomb! The most awesome gun belt I've ever owned. Love it so much... I wear it as my everyday belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2017, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenSoul View Post
Try a Remora Holster

https://youtu.be/EkESB09tgzA
Not to hi jack, but do these holsters really work? They don't seem very safe. Convient, but unsafe.
Old 08-24-2017, 8:24 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickmanfab View Post
Not to hi jack, but do these holsters really work? They don't seem very safe. Convient, but unsafe.
They cover the trigger, but you have to remove them from your pocket/belt line to reholster, it's not a one-handed operation.

Personally, I don't like them.

The webbing belts mentioned above are nice, but they don't work well for an older person or for office wear. Just a bit too "tactical"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-27-2017, 9:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Not to hi jack, but do these holsters really work? They don't seem very safe. Convenient, but unsafe.
The answer is yes, I prefer the Sticky Holster (and yes I sell Sticky Holster). If you wear a non tucked shirt style they can be great. They are not for everyone, but they work for a lot of people. Remora offers a sweat shield on their holsters, Sticky Holster does not. I recommend if you select a Remora that you don't get the sweat shield. Too easy to accidentally grab the sweat shield pulling the holster out with the gun, leaving you unable to get your finger on the trigger without using your off hand to clear the holster.

If you want to try a Sticky Holster, and your in So. OC you can find one at my shop inside Artemis Defense Institute in Lake Forest. No obligation to buy, but a chance to try on a holster, and look at other styles as well.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnCut View Post

KORE is the bomb!

The most awesome gun belt I've ever owned.

Love it so much...

I wear it as my everyday belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All of my other belts are lonely and jealous as they never leave the closet any more...

The EDC belt you'll wear everyday!

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 08-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Friends swear by both Sticky and Remora. I have practiced with a Sticky holster about 100 draws in the house (awaiting CCW license) without ANY issues. Works great even while wearing looser nylon basketball shorts, if you put it between your skin and underwear. With normal jeans or short pants, works great.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
Friends swear by both Sticky and Remora. I have practiced with a Sticky holster about 100 draws in the house (awaiting CCW license) without ANY issues. Works great even while wearing looser nylon basketball shorts, if you put it between your skin and underwear. With normal jeans or short pants, works great.
That's actually good to know. I like wearing gym shorts around the house and these seemed to fit the bill compared to a belly band type deal. I'm assuming you can't go in a jog with them? Mind me asking what you're carrying? I see this as manageable for a shield, but not so much on a Glock/1911 size.

They're cheap enough I'll have to give them a try.

Too keep the thread on topic I snagged this belt on a whim before I found this thread https://www.blackarchholsters.com/products/belt. It's an interesting concept and i figured worst case I'll send it back.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
The answer is yes, I prefer the Sticky Holster (and yes I sell Sticky Holster). If you wear a non tucked shirt style they can be great. They are not for everyone, but they work for a lot of people. Remora offers a sweat shield on their holsters, Sticky Holster does not. I recommend if you select a Remora that you don't get the sweat shield. Too easy to accidentally grab the sweat shield pulling the holster out with the gun, leaving you unable to get your finger on the trigger without using your off hand to clear the holster.

If you want to try a Sticky Holster, and your in So. OC you can find one at my shop inside Artemis Defense Institute in Lake Forest. No obligation to buy, but a chance to try on a holster, and look at other styles as well.
If I was on so cal I would swing by. I live in The valley (nor cal). Thanks for the offer though. They're pretty reasonable, so I just may get one.
Old 08-29-2017, 9:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
That's actually good to know. I like wearing gym shorts around the house and these seemed to fit the bill compared to a belly band type deal. I'm assuming you can't go in a jog with them? Mind me asking what you're carrying? I see this as manageable for a shield, but not so much on a Glock/1911 size.

They're cheap enough I'll have to give them a try.

Too keep the thread on topic I snagged this belt on a whim before I found this thread https://www.blackarchholsters.com/products/belt. It's an interesting concept and i figured worst case I'll send it back.
I am a big fan of Sticky Holsters, and I am the largest Sticky Holster dealer on the west coast. However I have to ask who your wearing your belly band. It should be worn around the hip, not the belly. Think of it this way, put on your underwear put on your belly band, pants, then shirt. The belly band especially with a level 2 retention strap, will be very secure for jogging.
Old 08-29-2017, 9:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If I was on so cal I would swing by. I live in The valley (nor cal). Thanks for the offer though. They're pretty reasonable, so I just may get one.
If you have questions feel free to call, were here to help, you don't need to buy from us to ask questions.
Old 08-30-2017, 7:36 AM

Quote:
I am a big fan of Sticky Holsters, and I am the largest Sticky Holster dealer on the west coast. However I have to ask who your wearing your belly band. It should be worn around the hip, not the belly. Think of it this way, put on your underwear put on your belly band, pants, then shirt. The belly band especially with a level 2 retention strap, will be very secure for jogging.
Quote:
If you have questions feel free to call, were here to help, you don't need to buy from us to ask questions.
To answer your questions. I don't have one yet. I'm still trying to find a EDC holster I'm happy with. If/when I get one, I would wear a "belly" band on the hip. What I like about the sticky holster is the flexibly and easy of removal.

If/when I have any questions I'll be in touch.
Old 09-17-2017, 6:44 AM

I've got several types of belts that put the "beef" only where you supposedly need it. "Fist" makes a belt that is reinforced, and thicker, only on the carry side. High Noon, makes a belt that tapers at the buckle. They are both nice belts, but there is no "free lunch", you give up some stability. I usually opt for my Alessi, which is pure beef throughout.
Old 09-17-2017, 8:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This,
That's the one you want in gun belt version.

Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 09-17-2017 at 8:55 AM..
Old 09-17-2017, 8:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post

That's the one you want in gun belt version.
That would be this one...

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 09-17-2017, 10:56 AM

I went with the Bigfoot gun belt 14oz with spring steel core. Can't ever see needing anything more. It's a nice looking belt, made in the USA and not too thick. I'm happy with it. The only thing I don't like is that it took 3 belts to get the correct size even when using their sizing instructions. Easy and quick exchanges but I spent and extra $14 on sending 2 belts back.
Old 09-22-2017, 2:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This,
Wear this every day and love it. My other belts put out a hit on this belt since they are pissed I never use them anymore.

1A-2A = -1A

Last edited by Packy14; 09-22-2017 at 2:56 PM..
Old 11-21-2017, 9:31 PM

http://www.frankproctorshooting.com/...rt-belt-black/

I've been running Frank Proctor's belt for almost two years. Very low profile and it doesn't need to be removed going through airport security.

• Complete set of reloading equipment plus dies for 338 LM
• Desert Tactical Arms SRS rifles - Gen 1 and Gen 2
Old 11-22-2017, 6:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post
Being an old thread I would like to know if the OP ever resolved the dilemma? For others I would say.

The belt should not be an issue when carrying the Glock 43. The Kore mentioned earlier or I prefer Nexbelt because it has a lot of development as a solid belt able to withstand a fight.

Having said that, what you will need belt wise depends on your holster. You shouldn't need the belt to do any work supporting the gun by in large, but rather if your holster uses a metal or plastic clip that slides over the belt and hooks underneath the belt (as most holsters do) the belt has to be thick enough that in a violent draw the belt provides counter force to the holsters retention and does not allow the holster to come out with the gun.

Are you experiencing any problems carrying with your existing belts.

I ask because if your like most guys you own at least a half dozen belts for various reasons. You want your holster / gun selection to work with whatever your wearing.
Old 11-22-2017, 7:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Just to put my recent experience out there. I bought a Comp-Tac leather gun belt with the taper at the buckle. It goes from 1.5” down to 1.25”. Figured it would be more belly friendly.

The belt is very rigid. Just what I was looking for. They sandwich a layer of Kevlar to give it stiffness. It is also relatively thick. Not what I was looking for. Still was able to make it work mostly. However, it is just a smidgen more than the 1.5” and it is a royal pain to thread my holsters on the belt. Not really happy and at $85, I’m not at a $85 level of happy.

And, since it’s so stiff, the leather scraped against the mounting hardware for the belt loops and wound up with some nasty gouges.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 11-22-2017, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Being an old thread I would like to know if the OP ever resolved the dilemma? For others I would say.

The belt should not be an issue when carrying the Glock 43. The Kore mentioned earlier or I prefer Nexbelt because it has a lot of development as a solid belt able to withstand a fight.

Having said that, what you will need belt wise depends on your holster. You shouldn't need the belt to do any work supporting the gun by in large, but rather if your holster uses a metal or plastic clip that slides over the belt and hooks underneath the belt (as most holsters do) the belt has to be thick enough that in a violent draw the belt provides counter force to the holsters retention and does not allow the holster to come out with the gun.

Are you experiencing any problems carrying with your existing belts.

I ask because if your like most guys you own at least a half dozen belts for various reasons. You want your holster / gun selection to work with whatever your wearing.
Resolved in post 35. Went with the Bigfoot gun belt 14oz and I'm happy with it. I wouldn't. All it slim or low profile but they do reduce the tivkness of the leather where it folds over the buckle so it's not a massive stack.

The best is definitely an issue with the glock 43. You wouldn't think so just trying it on but wearing it all day, you really need a good gun belt. It's still a decent amount of weight. I carry the gun with 9 rounds in a crossbreed mini tuck and without the Bigfoot, it would not work for me. Even with the belt it really has to be cinched pretty tight.