Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-08-2013, 1:52 AM

Tarred and feathered, then run out of town.

We need ----->

In the Navy it's Hooyah, in the Marines it's Oorah, in the Army it's Hooah , in the Air Force it's Hooah, on Calguns it's Goorah(Gura).

Last edited by kimber_ss; 02-08-2013 at 2:08 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 4:58 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

I said it when Obama got re-elected... 2 to 4 years of darkness are upon us.
Things can be reversed though. I am patient, but only to a point.
There will come a point where it will be like living next to a landfill. The smell will eventually get so bad that I'll either have to move, or wait for them to stop using it. I'm still trying to decide where that point is, because the idiots that populate this state and elect other idiots to represent them are the source of the problem. Sooner or later, the amount of trash gets to be over-whelming.

I know... it's like living in Alabama and complaining about rednecks.
Old 02-08-2013, 5:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbp View Post
don't worry the governor will veto all of these stupid little bills. after all everyone knows how pro-gun he is. if i recall he wrote a little letter on our behalf once and got a lot of people to vote for him as the lesser of two evils.
After he signed the bills on the 2014 rifle registration and handgun open carry ban, I'm not so sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romadant View Post
I like this idea. A LOT.

I don't know anything about the petition/ballot initiative process though.

May 4, 2011 - Suggested last day for proponent(s) to submit proposed measure to the Attorney General and request a circulating title and summary

IF this task is going to be undertaken, time is short. I went to the Secretary of State website (and using the examples from the last election cycle above) there is not much time to get this rolling
Old 02-21-2013, 12:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totus44 View Post
I heard an interesting suggestion on the radio this morning (SD-Slater's show). A caller proposed a petition for a ballot initiative that if passed, would make state politicians personally liable for authoring/voting/signing bills that are found to be unconstitutional.

I am not an attorney, nor am I versed in State/Federal law - but I thought it was an interesting concept given that we seem to have a supermajority that flies in the face of the constitution with impunity.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledReaper View Post
I just heard of some 'gun raids' that are going to be beginning and supposedly there is a 'list of the first 3000'.... wtfh!!!!!!

This place is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F+++++KED UP

Oh and that 1 up man ship... so they want to do it at the expense of making tens of thousands of law abidiing gun owning CITIZENS FELONS...F+++kin REALLY!? ....THIS PLACE NEEDS AN ENEMA.....
Care to expand upon that statement about " Gun raids"?
Old 02-21-2013, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
YES THEY DO.

courts,lawyers and a stud named gura
This bad mofo >

Thomas Jefferson.
Old 02-21-2013, 2:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totus44 View Post
I heard an interesting suggestion on the radio this morning (SD-Slater's show). A caller proposed a petition for a ballot initiative that if passed, would make state politicians personally liable for authoring/voting/signing bills that are found to be unconstitutional.

I am not an attorney, nor am I versed in State/Federal law - but I thought it was an interesting concept given that we seem to have a supermajority that flies in the face of the constitution with impunity.
Bout dam time. I've been suggesting this for years. Criminal conspiracy to violate civil rights.
Old 02-21-2013, 2:37 PM
Veteran Member

what did I miss? What is going on?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Si vis pacem, para bellum

╠╦═╬ Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.
Old 02-21-2013, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
After he signed the bills on the 2014 rifle registration and handgun open carry ban, I'm not so sure.
The UOC ban was actually supported by many folks as it was seen as a way to get the courts to force shall issue CCW's. So the "right people" didn't oppose that law and Brown signed it. The LG reg I'm guessing he viewed it as a way to pander to the left with minimal damage.

I don't think he'll sign any of these super broad bills.
Old 02-21-2013, 3:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLRBs View Post
This state has wealthy residents fleeing like rats off a sinking ship already because of the tax increases from the last election. If they make gun ownership impossible or ridiculously expensive, we would go. How many productive taxpayers does this state want to lose, and what kind of people will stay or come here? Basically only those coming for the nanny state or the generous welfare benefits. They sure aren't coming for the great schools any more or the middle class jobs.
The Legislature is so drunk on their super majority power that they aren't even pausing to think about the unintended consequences of their actions.

I have Plan B in place and it will result in a permanent loss of tax revenues and require pension payments to be sent out of state. I'm only one person (well with my wife and our elderly parents it adds up to 6), but I would expect the cumulative loss of revenue to be measurable and significant.
Old 02-21-2013, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by em9sredbeam View Post
what did I miss? What is going on?
New bills for the items from the "CA state Dem Caucus press conference" became available for reading today. For example: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=708722
Old 02-21-2013, 4:18 PM

I'd rather Gura got rich by draining the back accounts of bogus law makers rather than tax payers. Not his fault I know, but until the guilty parties start paying the price for their misdeeds this will continue.
Old 02-21-2013, 4:58 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by grywlfbg View Post
...I don't think he'll sign any of these super broad bills.
He doesn't have to sign anything. Veto + veto override = "whether you like it or not." Unfortunately, the only way that I see to stop these lunatics is thru the courts. I too see Mr. Gura becoming a very rich man in the near future.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance is Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas
“For those of us who work in marbled halls, guarded constantly by a vigilant and dedicated police force, the guarantees of the Second Amendment might seem antiquated and superfluous. But the Framers made a clear choice: They reserved to all Americans the right to bear arms for self-defense. I do not think we should stand by idly while a state denies its citizens that right, particularly when their very lives may depend on it.”
Old 02-21-2013, 5:12 PM

I'd rather Gura got rich by draining the back accounts of bogus law makers rather than tax payers. Not his fault I know, but until the guilty parties start paying the price for their misdeeds this will continue.
Old 02-21-2013, 5:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
That's what preliminary injunctions are for.

The law doesn't take effect until it's all sorted out. Abortion bills are handled this way.
yeah, that's what they're for, but that doesn't mean we automatically get one

What do you think the odds are of getting one? I'm thinking slim to none. I'm only just starting to read on these things, but it seems (generally) the courts pretty much fall all over themselves deferring to the state.

Look at NY -- they outlawed Heller's own gun, and there's no PI over there (yet). How is that possible?
Old 02-21-2013, 8:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Folks,

We knew the laws that are coming down the turn pike were going to happen. the Insurance for gunowners, turn in your hi-caps, and low-caps. Ammo registration, ammo limits, evrything we bought before these bans ex-post facto confiscation. Guys, our lawyers are on the job and watching these situation. This is going to be our Civil Rights battle, just be patient. They are going balls out to stomp us out. Trow me into the Briar patch. A2
I'd throw in that in order to make the insurance expensive they also have to change liability law to blame the gun for crimes rather than the user of it... who probably stole it... and then shot someone with it... Otherwise; insurance ought to be pretty cheap (re: for accidents)...
Old 02-21-2013, 9:21 PM
Banned

I thought I was up on all my legal jargon and analogies... can someone explain briar patch to me in a PM?
Old 02-21-2013, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grywlfbg View Post
The UOC ban was actually supported by many folks as it was seen as a way to get the courts to force shall issue CCW's. So the "right people" didn't oppose that law and Brown signed it. The LG reg I'm guessing he viewed it as a way to pander to the left with minimal damage.

I don't think he'll sign any of these super broad bills.
Ya ok.
Dream on.

NRA,SAF,CGF
CCRKBA
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Winger View Post
I thought I was up on all my legal jargon and analogies... can someone explain briar patch to me in a PM?
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~ug97/remus/toosharp.html
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
I reserved my truck to move out of this state on Monday, with the news today it just confirms that even at the huge loss i'm taking I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. You guys can cling to the "briarpatch" argument, but the forces against you are firm in their resolve. If you don't ready yourselves for a fight your rights will be gone in a year or so.

God speed
Don't be surprised when these stupid laws pop up in your new home state. The fight for our rights doesn't end at the California border.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
i foresee Alan Gura becoming very rich with california tax dollars
Between here NY and all the other places it's cropping up, we need a bunch of A. G. clones to fight all the battles brewing.

DILLIGAF
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice"
"Once is Happenstance, Twice is Coincidence, Thrice is Enemy Action"
"The flak is always heaviest, when you're over the target"
Old 02-22-2013, 8:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
i foresee Alan Gura becoming very rich with california tax dollars
I also hope so, yet THIS is one of the biggest reasons that we continue to see politicians willfully violating the Constitution. They have "no skin" in the game. They pass whatever they want and "let the courts decide".

There are several problems:
1. They SWORE AND OATH to PROTECT the Constitution. What they are doing is intentionally subverting it.
2. THEY aren't the ones who pay for the damage, it is ALWAYS the citizens, in loss of rights and loss of money. We pay the bill for the courts for BOTH sides AND we're the ones losing our rights.

There MUST be an amendment to stop this. I'd suggest that ANY author or co-author of ANY legislation-from school board/city council to federal level-that is struck down on Constitutional grounds be forever banned from ANY political office.

Think of it as a "felony" offense for a politician. You chose to do the crime, you WILL do the time and it isn't coming off your record. As a politician, your job is to protect the Constitutiion, not see just how close you can get to gutting it without getting caught.

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I also hope so, yet THIS is one of the biggest reasons that we continue to see politicians willfully violating the Constitution. They have "no skin" in the game. They pass whatever they want and "let the courts decide".

There are several problems:
1. They SWORE AND OATH to PROTECT the Constitution. What they are doing is intentionally subverting it.
2. THEY aren't the ones who pay for the damage, it is ALWAYS the citizens, in loss of rights and loss of money. We pay the bill for the courts for BOTH sides AND we're the ones losing our rights.

There MUST be an amendment to stop this. I'd suggest that ANY author or co-author of ANY legislation-from school board/city council to federal level-that is struck down on Constitutional grounds be forever banned from ANY political office.

Think of it as a "felony" offense for a politician. You chose to do the crime, you WILL do the time and it isn't coming off your record. As a politician, your job is to protect the Constitutiion, not see just how close you can get to gutting it without getting caught.
Great points, and they also include the VOTERS.

When 50% or so Cal-Gunners favor mandatory background checks, while knowing that statistically they do ZERO to reduce violent crime, it's not hard to understand why Califorinia political arse-wipes get elected.

-hanko

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedrrracer View Post
yeah, that's what they're for, but that doesn't mean we automatically get one

What do you think the odds are of getting one? I'm thinking slim to none. I'm only just starting to read on these things, but it seems (generally) the courts pretty much fall all over themselves deferring to the state.

Look at NY -- they outlawed Heller's own gun, and there's no PI over there (yet). How is that possible?
There is no such thing as a guaranteed PI, but it's not as bad as you might think. The "merit of a case" is the primary factor in granting a PI, but there are very important additional factors, primarily the "irreparable injury" caused by the lack of PI.

Almost all new proposed laws are on shaky legal grounds to begin with and are crafted in precisely the way to cause the maximum injury to the legal gun owners. In addition, the scope of 2A has not yet been completely settled by the SCOTUS and we have several circuit splits and pending certs. This makes the proposed laws prime candidates for PI - let the legal cases get to SCOTUS and figure out what is and isn't constitutional before causing an irreparable harm to the tens of millions of law abiding citizens.

A simple explanation for how PI-s work is here.

NY case hasn't been to the courts yet - it will be challenged for sure.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Folks,
We knew the laws that are coming down the turn pike were going to happen. the Insurance for gunowners, turn in your hi-caps, and low-caps. Ammo registration, ammo limits, evrything we bought before these bans ex-post facto confiscation. Guys, our lawyers are on the job and watching these situation. This is going to be our Civil Rights battle, just be patient. They are going balls out to stomp us out. Trow me into the Briar patch. A2
Sounds like hubris to me. Last time I looked, The Roster, 10-round limits, 10- and 30-day waits were still in effect and much more is coming. You haven't even unwound several years old laws and now more is coming.

More and more the talk from you folks sounds like the old joke about the IBM Salesman's wife's complaint about her sex life: "He just sits on the edge of the bed and tells me again and again how great it's going to be".
Old 02-23-2013, 6:55 AM
Veteran Member

I think the big part, and I could be completely wrong here, was that it wasn't until the Heller and McDonald decisions that we had the 2nd confirmed as an individual right and that it applies to the states in addition to the feds. Now, there are a number of cases winding their ways thru the courts, but as we all know, those take time. But you really couldn't challenge those laws and stand a good chance of winning until after Heller and McDonald.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyJivl View Post
Where should I donate? Where will my $ be best put to use to fight this crap. NRA? CGF? Personal check to Alan?
You can always donate to my future law school fund...lol
"All things are possible" Matthew 19:26