Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 08-07-2011, 8:14 PM

Default Job wanted in OC/LA County

Robert Velarde, BS Accounting and BS Finance
• (909) 838-0795 • ROBERT.A.VELARDE@GMAIL.COM

Goal-oriented, dedicated, dynamic and analytically-minded professional with a wide array of abilities including accounting and finance, supervising, as well as managing the technological aspects of a business. Proven cost-cutting, problem-solving and rapid skill-development. An avid learner who eagerly pursues new avenues and enthusiastically acquires new skillsets through hands-on experience.

Areas of Expertise

• Cost Accounting, General Ledger Accounting, Managerial Accounting
• Preparation of tax documents
• Training, motivating and managing personnel
• Interpersonal communication
• Budgeting
• Alliance-building, community outreach
• Major software platforms
• Basic computer programming and website development

Professional Experience

D.Velup Enterprises LLC., Yorba Linda, CA 2010-Present
Staff Accountant

A key player in the development of this upstart company. Provided sound financial advice in a multitude of areas throughout the process, handled all associated legalities in establishing an LLC. Lead the owners and management staff through a successful opening. Manage payroll, coordinate all accounts payable and receivable. Analyze, absorb, and report financial and accounting data. Compile working papers, direct technological resources at the business.

• Minimized costs across the board, including payroll and fees associated with maintaining a business
• Overhauled computing platforms to make for a more efficient and productive system
• Established strong working business relationships with vendors, fellow business owners, clients and community organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce
• Tackled problems by willingly undertaking new strategies and flourished under the challenges of a steep learning curve by acting as the only employee in the accounting, finance, and technological arena

U.S. Army, Ft. Drum, NY 2009-2011
Infantryman

Completed training and field work with an emphasis on strict regimen, discipline, dependability, sense of duty, stress-management and strength, both physical and mental. Obtained and maintain Secret security clearance.

ROBERT VELARDE, BS ACCOUNTING AND BS FINANCE PAGE 2

• Learned exceptional stress management
• Subjected to highly stressful environments and gained various coping skills
• Worked harmoniously with fellow soldiers from multitudinous cultures, socioeconomic situations and belief systems
• Acquired far-reaching global awareness
• Advanced responsibility, accountability, essential time-management, organization, and work ethic

Auditron, Riverside, CA 2008
Intern

Completed small to medium-sized business Sales & Use Taxes, quarterly tax reports.

• Worked alongside auditors and tax preparers
• Observed closely the specifics of working tax filing and became adept at the use of related software

Technical Skills

Windows • MS Excel • MS Word • MS Outlook • MS PowerPoint • QuickBooks

• Additional software, basic computer programming, webpage development, and business-tech abilities

Education

Bachelor of Science - Accounting, 2008 • Bachelor of Science - Finance, 2008 • Certificate in Accounting California State University - San Bernardino (Ranked as a “Best College” in the Western Conference by The Princeton Review seven years in a row, rendering it among the top 25% of universities in the nation)

CPA Candidate, scheduled to sit for the Audit and Attestation Exam July 2011.
Old 10-10-2011, 6:23 PM

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-10-2011, 7:09 PM
Calguns Addict

You have great qualifications. I wish I had a lead for you.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 AM

I have applied to over 200 jobs and have had a total of 6 interviews. I thought I had a job lined up, but the other guy got the job.

I'm going to a security clearance job fair thursday. Hopefully I get a lead.