Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 05-08-2019, 2:11 PM

I have a bushnell TRS 25 and it is great. But I have seen a Northtac Ronin 2 MOA 50,000 hour battery life motion sensor for $85. the bushnell has 3000 hr battery life. I will order one seems like cant go wrong
Old 05-08-2019, 3:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joefear7 View Post
Curious as to where you can get one that cheap. Most I'm seeing are $200+
Probably some people got a bunch from BOTACH and are flipping them on EBAY. I see $159 for them... if they did pay $129 they aren't making much.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:01 AM

I like the trs25, especially for the price. Fine dot is OK for target usage. Not very bright in daylight. When you have time to find and place the dot, it works. If needing something for fast acquisition and placement, maybe not a good choice.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Less than 400 left back in stock at BOTACH for $129.95 - they say "last chance". Maybe. Good RDR, good price. RED, two reticles.

https://www.botach.com/holosun-503gu...t-red-reticle/
Old 05-24-2019, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
Yes, on sale it's about the cheapest 'good' red dot you can get. On a good sale you can find them for around $50 to $60. An inexpensive UTG mount runs around $10.

I have a few that have held up very well. I've also had a couple duds I had to return. But the replacement ones were fine.

Primary Arms also has some good deals on their red dots as previously mentioned. Wait for them to go on sale.

The $120 Sig Romeo 5 at PSA is also a good red dot for the money. I've bought the Romeo 5 for as low as $90 on EBay.
I agree on the Sig Romeo5. In past I have owned Eotechs and Aimpoint PRO's but sold those rifles w the optics.

My latest purchase was a Sig Romeo5 I got on sale for under $100. For that price, I think the quality to price ratio is amazing. Fantastic little optic.

I had bought a Trijicon MRO 6 mos ago for another rifle and like it, but that was over $300 more than the Sig-- I don't have any experience w Primary Arms RDS but I assume they are great for the money as well.

But as far as what I have owned, I am truly impressed with the Sig Romeo5 for a $100-$120 RDS.
Old 06-08-2019, 4:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATEWA View Post
Sold a rifle and had a trs 25 up top. Buyer asked if it worked and told him yes. Embarrassed to find out it didnít work. It had two faint dots with new batteries.

I ordered mine through Amazon. How did you go about getting a replacement? I emailed Bushnell with my order number.
Got a new red dot in the mail the other day

Easy process - think it cost me $5 to mail it back.