Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2018, 11:56 AM

How have you guys been getting anyone on the phone?
I just tried calling them to reset my password and every option is taking me to a prerecorded message. I can't even get anyone on the phone to forward me to the right person
Old 11-13-2018, 6:56 PM
Veteran Member

When the mail gets sent, does it require adult signature? I got a note from USPS on my door. It's the only thing I can thing of.
Old 11-13-2018, 6:56 PM
Veteran Member

When the mail gets sent, does it require adult signature? I got a note from USPS on my door. It's the only thing I can thing of.
Old 11-13-2018, 7:02 PM
Veteran Member

When the letter is sent, is it adult signature required?

I got a note on my door from USPS. Only thing i can think of that can be signed.
Old 11-13-2018, 7:28 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucDan View Post
When the letter is sent, is it adult signature required?

I got a note on my door from USPS. Only thing i can think of that can be signed.
No, it just comes in a regular postal envelope, like a credit card bill or whatever. No signature. Must be a Christmas present someone ordered for you and didn't tell you about!

Old 11-13-2018, 7:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucDan View Post
No. No signature, no receipt, nothing. But it loudly announces to anyone working in the Post Office that you keep "Assault Weapons" at the address

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 11-13-2018, 7:29 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Sign up for USPS "informed delivery", a free service on the USPS website, and you can get images of your daily mail sent to your email each morning.

It helps alleviate some of the disappointment you feel when you check your mailbox every day and it isn't there... You'll already know it isn't going to be in there.

Old 11-13-2018, 7:42 PM
Veteran Member

Ah OK. Thanks guys. I guess I'll find out after I miss delivery tomorrow since I won't be here for it and I'll just pick it up at the post office. So odd.
Old 11-13-2018, 7:47 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Also, bucdan, you mentioned about a week ago that you haven't gotten an email from DOJ since you submitted your app, which means a letter is probably not on the way to you yet. Usually, you'll get an email "submission confirmation" that precedes your USPS letter by about 4 weeks.

Old 11-13-2018, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Sign up for USPS "informed delivery", a free service on the USPS website, and you can get images of your daily mail sent to your email each morning.

It helps alleviate some of the disappointment you feel when you check your mailbox every day and it isn't there... You'll already know it isn't going to be in there.
I did this. I will say that it's not very consistent. Sometimes it misses things so I'm still anxious to check my mail box when I get home.

NRA Benefactor
CRPA Life Member
Old 11-13-2018, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Also, bucdan, you mentioned about a week ago that you haven't gotten an email from DOJ since you submitted your app, which means a letter is probably not on the way to you yet. Usually, you'll get an email "submission confirmation" that precedes your USPS letter by about 4 weeks.
Ah yes. Still waiting.

Odd thing is that it's signed mail, aka, a letter. So I'm perplexed. But thanks though, guys. Imagine if it was a signed jury duty letter lol.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:31 AM

I think I've posted about this before, but I got the Email that DOJ was processing my submissions, along with one kickback, in August. Still no letters as of today. I know delays are not uncommon, but for you-know-what's and giggles, I called DOJ about this. The woman on the phone told me that she couldn't look up my specific case, nor could she give me a timeline. here's the interesting part: She said that when the process was done, my submission status in CFARS would change to "Completed" of all the people I know personally, this hasn't happened to any of them.

I think I know the answer, but anybody else have their status change? Also, should I assume the kickback sent my apps to the back of the line?
Old 11-15-2018, 11:39 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Ya the kickback could cause your letter to be delayed for months longer.

Nope, nobody has ever had a "completed" status. "In progress" is all it ever shows, even many months after the letter is received.

And "can't look up your specific case" translates to "I could look it up for you, but that would be helpful so it goes against our policy"

Old 11-15-2018, 6:25 PM

Note that the envelope is also stamped "Return Service Requested". This means that if the letter cannot be delivered as addressed, it is returned to the sender. It will not be forwarded.
Old 11-16-2018, 1:22 PM

I believe these clowns or single worker be clown with 5 highly paid state employee supervisors supervising the single clown......and that that vote Democratic party every election...... have this thread saved to Favorites.

They figured out who I am by comparing my listed firearms and date I posted with the applications, accepted apps, rejected apps, and after that saw all of my beeeooitcchhheeeng and to punish me for not liking the governor that uses too much hair product and the shriveled up like an old prune racist bigot Pelosi by putting my apps to the bottom of the list.

I had figured that with 30 person staff being able to do ~30,000 apps processed in 6 months {(30k divided by [6 months X 15 working days because of all the paid holidays, paid time off where vacation is not time coded so you get more vacation, sick time for hangovers-bad haircuts--emotional stress for loss of a favorite pair or shoes-etc.) divide by 30 staff} = 11 apps per day per person

On July 1 there was ~100,000 apps to go with only one worker bee left
so{ [(100,000 divided by 11 apps per day) divide by 15 working days per month] divided by 12 months per year} = 50 YEARS so I should receive mine sometime in July 2068. Unfortunately I strongly suspect my address will be changed to the local cemetery by then.

Maybe if they paid an incentive to the one worker bee to accept apps instead of the $10 bonus for each app rejected this process would go allot faster like it did at the end of July before the layoff when apps rejections and acceptances were flying out left and right.

This department must be run under the umbrella of the DMV, where I never seen anyone walk as slow as at DMV, that is if they ever got off their stool, with so many eating Twinkies in the back while playing with their phones or talking to each other while the ONE counter person has a line that snakes around inside then goes outside then 6 more blocks down.

State employees are like Hindus where you are part of a caste system. The poor contractor is at the bottom, above that is the temporary employee that must be laid off just before his six months, then you have the part time employee that is not eligible for super dooper high pay and benefits, then at the top they have the super overly paid full time union paying member employee working as a civil servant. Being protected by the Union and Civil Service makes it impossible to fire the ones that won the lottery with one of the super high paying jobs. I think that's why the lottery winner super highly paid state employee wants illegal immigrants so they can fill those other positions and do the work that the super overly paid state employee is being paid to do. I am with Elon Musk on this one, why hire an employee if his job is to just hire a contractor or temporary worker to do what he-sorry-non gender specific person-hopefully I offended no one-...... was hired to do.

Now I can tell the worker caste system by how hard they work, the less hard working the more likely they are very high in the caste system, but.....is there a way like the color of the dot between their eyes to tell where they fall in this caste system?

Last edited by Xerxes; 11-16-2018 at 1:25 PM..
Old 11-16-2018, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I believe these clowns or single worker be clown with 5 highly paid state employee supervisors supervising the single clown......and that that vote Democratic party every election...... have this thread saved to Favorites.

They figured out who I am by comparing my listed firearms and date I posted with the applications, accepted apps, rejected apps, and after that saw all of my beeeooitcchhheeeng and to punish me for not liking the governor that uses too much hair product and the shriveled up like an old prune racist bigot Pelosi by putting my apps to the bottom of the list.

I had figured that with 30 person staff being able to do ~30,000 apps processed in 6 months {(30k divided by [6 months X 15 working days because of all the paid holidays, paid time off where vacation is not time coded so you get more vacation, sick time for hangovers-bad haircuts--emotional stress for loss of a favorite pair or shoes-etc.) divide by 30 staff} = 11 apps per day per person

On July 1 there was ~100,000 apps to go with only one worker bee left
so{ [(100,000 divided by 11 apps per day) divide by 15 working days per month] divided by 12 months per year} = 50 YEARS so I should receive mine sometime in July 2068. Unfortunately I strongly suspect my address will be changed to the local cemetery by then.

Maybe if they paid an incentive to the one worker bee to accept apps instead of the $10 bonus for each app rejected this process would go allot faster like it did at the end of July before the layoff when apps rejections and acceptances were flying out left and right.

This department must be run under the umbrella of the DMV, where I never seen anyone walk as slow as at DMV, that is if they ever got off their stool, with so many eating Twinkies in the back while playing with their phones or talking to each other while the ONE counter person has a line that snakes around inside then goes outside then 6 more blocks down.

State employees are like Hindus where you are part of a caste system. The poor contractor is at the bottom, above that is the temporary employee that must be laid off just before his six months, then you have the part time employee that is not eligible for super dooper high pay and benefits, then at the top they have the super overly paid full time union paying member employee working as a civil servant. Being protected by the Union and Civil Service makes it impossible to fire the ones that won the lottery with one of the super high paying jobs. I think that's why the lottery winner super highly paid state employee wants illegal immigrants so they can fill those other positions and do the work that the super overly paid state employee is being paid to do. I am with Elon Musk on this one, why hire an employee if his job is to just hire a contractor or temporary worker to do what he-sorry-non gender specific person-hopefully I offended no one-...... was hired to do.

Now I can tell the worker caste system by how hard they work, the less hard working the more likely they are very high in the caste system, but.....is there a way like the color of the dot between their eyes to tell where they fall in this caste system?
Xerxes, don't be shy, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!
Old 11-16-2018, 9:53 PM

Out of curiosity, Xerxes, when did you submit your application(s) that are causing you the upset? I ask because I am trying to determine where I stand on the stack of un-processed applications.