Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 10-17-2018, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

Default Rackaukas v. Spitzer for DA-Public Admin.?

Any idea which of these two is friendlier in practice towards 2A?

Tony Rackaukas
Todd Spitzer

I did find a really old thread here about Todd Spitzer executing a citizen's arrest:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1111187

It does not incline me to vote for him. If things had gone badly, it would've been another national news blowup about how CCW carriers are dangerous. The upside is small (guy was not that big a threat) and downside was huge (national anti-gun news cycle). Good thing it ended well.

But Rackaukas seems to have some serious corruption problems:

https://voiceofoc.org/2017/05/rackau...-investigator/

I might leave this one blank, unless one is clearly more pro-2A in practice (i.e. towards us gun owners exercising our gun rights, not just enjoying the use of his own CCW).

Any tips on either candidate in regards to gun rights is appreciated--thanks!
Old 10-18-2018, 6:35 PM

Rackaukas fired Spitzer back in 2010, so their enmity goes way back, and that piece describes a few other instances where Spitzer displayed judgment that seems questionable. The writer is not a fool, IME.

Spitzer has been a supervisor for a while, and it was on his watch where the homeless encampments along the Santa Ana River were allowed to become a big problem. I'm not saying he was solely responsible, but the buck has to stop somewhere, and the river goes through multiple jurisdictions, so I don't think it is unreasonable to put some blame on the OC Supes. Had they simply enforced the existing laws, consistently and over time, the situation never would have gotten unmanageable. What you allow, you encourage, and if there are ordinances against camping or overnighting in the river, see that some resources are put into enforcing them. Instead, the county ended up spending far more than they otherwise would have spent to pay for hotel vouchers, etc.

Spitzer is the wrong person for the DA's office, even if he is a Republican.

Last edited by socal m1 shooter; 10-20-2018 at 10:36 AM..
Old 10-18-2018, 8:38 PM

Spitzer is carry-friendly so probably generally 2A friendly, but that restaurant episode is kind of scary. Bad judgement maybe. Good thing for him that he is a Supervisor or he may have taken a ride? Don't know about the current DA's stance on carry.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tips and article.

I just emailed Steven Greenhut to see what he knows about the two in terms of 2A. Hopefully he will respond and allow me to repost his comments here.

Last edited by dchang0; 10-19-2018 at 10:31 PM..
Old 10-19-2018, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member

Spitzer is a hack who runs his mouth and will say whatever it takes to look good.

Rackaukus is a closeted gay man who does whatever the Sherriff’s deptartment tells him and says as little as possible to look good.

You choose.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:04 AM

Rackaukus is an incompetent fool.

Spitzer may be an incompetent fool.

Why vote for the sure thing?