Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 06-09-2013, 4:30 PM

Default Please support Corona Appleseed Event this weekend

Folks,

We only had four shooters at the last Corona event in May despite having 10 signed up online and usually getting a number of walk-ons at this location.

We have only four shooters signed up for the event this weekend June 15-16.

There is room for 30 to 40 shooters on the range assigned to us every month. This isn't a problem for Appleseed per se, we are unpaid volunteers in a non-profit organization, but we may have future problems persuading host ranges to guarantee us blocked out weekends for a range if we can't bring in enough shooters/range fees for them. Raahague's have been great supporters for us so please bring our your friends this weekend.

If people are having trouble rounding up ammo or are worried about "wasting" ammo on high round count training please understand that we would rather help people make the best use of whatever ammo they can spare rather than not turn up at all. Please let people know about this event, bring them, whatever rifles and ammo you can round up and come out for a great weekend of shooting. I promise we will make it worthwhile for everyone even if we have to up the "dry practice" ratio.

See you all on Saturday.

Cheers
V
Online registration for August 17/18 weekend is here

Last edited by V; 07-16-2013 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Updated link for August shoot
Old 06-09-2013, 5:15 PM

I am planning to go to an Appleseed in Corona but not until the fall. With this weekend being both Father's Day and my birthday weekend there is no way I could attend. Plus my rifle isn't ready yet. No sling, stock crappy 10/22 sights, and so on. Ironically ammo I've got. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2013, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

The shoot bosses usually have some loaner rifles.

But yeah, father's day is kind of unfortunate timing.
Old 06-11-2013, 9:20 PM

Well, seems there are a few Dads who can't think of anything better than to celebrate a unique American Heritage at the range with their kids.

Still room for more, as of this evening we have 8 signed up for this weekend.

See y'all on Sat/Sun.

Cheers
V
Old 06-13-2013, 9:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Is it Saturday AND Sunday? I'm like 5 miles away.

BSA Asst. Scoutmaster
CGN Contributor
CRPA Member
FPC Member

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. (paraphrased) - Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-14-2013, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC_Apps_Guy View Post
Is it Saturday AND Sunday? I'm like 5 miles away.
Its both day like all appleseeds, most of the instruction on Saturday, practice it all and attempt to qualify on Sunday. If you've never been before and only want to do one day Sat is recommended, thereafter do Sundays for example. If you come Sunday only and are a fast learner you can do OK.

Cheers
V
Old 06-15-2013, 7:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I will go in the future.

Im getting new .22 rifle and equipment pieced together.

Please keep pressing forth with this program. It's more important to the sport than appears on the surface.
Old 06-15-2013, 2:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Well, seems there are a few Dads who can't think of anything better than to celebrate a unique American Heritage at the range with their kids.
Only one of mine is old enough to operate a squirt gun. Or talk, for that matter.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:26 PM

V - I attended the Appleseed Corona event this fathers day weekend with my 12 year old son. We will both remember this for the rest of our lives. The professional marksmanship training coupled with rich history is not comparable to anything else money can buy. We bonded. This was special. I stumbled across Appleseed on Calguns. I am very perplexed why this isn't packed wall to wall. I don't get it. But thank you Appleseed for a weekend we will never forget.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin&Shakin View Post
V - I attended the Appleseed Corona event this fathers day weekend with my 12 year old son. We will both remember this for the rest of our lives. The professional marksmanship training coupled with rich history is not comparable to anything else money can buy. We bonded. This was special. I stumbled across Appleseed on Calguns. I am very perplexed why this isn't packed wall to wall. I don't get it. But thank you Appleseed for a weekend we will never forget.
Hey, it was a blast especially sunday afternoon when the newly pushed up and non-compacted berm dirt started blowing around.... put paid to a few rifles. But up until then it was fun, nah it was fun all the time.

Anyway, glad you both had a good time.

Just getting round to unpacking all my stuff - and shaking the dust off - one of my slings I loaned out has a quick disconnect which isn't mine. I suspect it might be one of yours... if you are missing one PM me what you'd like to do, have me mail it to you or hold it till the next AS at Corona.

Cheers
V
Old 06-20-2013, 9:16 PM

V - yes that is my quick disconnect THANK YOU for noticing that. I think that little thing cost forty bucks. Anyways, you can hold it until the next Appleseed in Corona. I'm going to try to come with a few friends I've talk to about it and want to come. My son also wants to qualify badly. This time we'll bring a lunch so we can sit and enjoy the stories and overall be a little better prepared. I hope it isn't as windy this time. See you in a few weeks.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
V - yes that is my quick disconnect THANK YOU for noticing that. I think that little thing cost forty bucks. Anyways, you can hold it until the next Appleseed in Corona. I'm going to try to come with a few friends I've talk to about it and want to come. My son also wants to qualify badly. This time we'll bring a lunch so we can sit and enjoy the stories and overall be a little better prepared. I hope it isn't as windy this time. See you in a few weeks.
No problem, will do.

By the way, if you or your friends do decide to come it would be real helpful if you could pre-register on eventbrite. This is the link for july 13/14.

It helps me get the right number of instructors to volunteer if we have a more accurate gage of how many are coming.

Cheers
V
Old 07-08-2013, 7:34 PM
Veteran Member

Didn't know where to put this question. Will ruger 10/22 long mags work for appleseed? Maybe going this Sat and would like to avoid buying new mags at the moment.

Thanks
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 07-11-2013, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Mass View Post
Didn't know where to put this question. Will ruger 10/22 long mags work for appleseed? Maybe going this Sat and would like to avoid buying new mags at the moment.

Thanks
Shoot what you bring, there are no rules or such against styles or sizes for Appleseed.

If you mean are they as reliable, can they be dropped and changed against the clock as easily etc thats a matter of opinion and specifics of your rifle and mags.
You need at least two mags.

Cheers
V
Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
No problem, will do.

By the way, if you or your friends do decide to come it would be real helpful if you could pre-register on eventbrite. This is the link for August 17/18.

It helps me get the right number of instructors to volunteer if we have a more accurate gage of how many are coming.

Cheers
V
Hey, missed you man! I had your AR-15 QD which I lent to someone in need, I figured you wouldn't mind. Don't worry, I got it back and they made good use of it 220 Rifleman patch on their first Appleseed. I'll have it at the next shoot in August - hint, hint

Last edited by V; 07-16-2013 at 12:48 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 4:05 AM

Hey V, I am still putting together a small group for an upcoming Appleseed weekend with you. I won't make August 17th weekend, I am going to try hard to make the September shoot with a group of at least 8 people including me and my son. I have started preparing for this through encouraging my group to purchase simple but effective 22 rifles with iron sights and the correct sling. Not going to bring the larger caliber stuff this time. And won't bring useless tactical slings either LOL. I should know by the end of August and will let you know through this string.
Old 08-21-2013, 7:50 AM
Veteran Member

I'll be headed that way in November. I'm all paid up, have my ticket and I'm good to go! I wanted to go earlier but that was the first available time slot I had due to other commitments.

I'll be running my Ruger 10/22 with the AR type sights.

I'm looking forward to it!

Former Front Sight Commander Member
NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
NRA Instructor: Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Range Safety Officer

Last edited by diverwcw; 08-21-2013 at 2:04 PM..