Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 9:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton1183 View Post
8 weeks now and still no lower. I put my money down to secure a JD lower, I don't want a PSA lower. If I had known it was going take this long I never would have purchased from you guys. This is just absolutely ridiculous to have a special and not actually have the item in stock when you do.
We ran the special based on JDM promising 200+ lowers for that ad; likewise that ad went to all of our customers so the response was huge- compounding the whole shipping issue. We're annoyed as you guys are. And we understand if you have a preference for the JDM. They are still milking that order- shipping 20 to 25 a week. We know you want the lower and frankly we want to complete the sale, but we'll gladly roll your $90+ into another purchase or refund it for you outright. It's your call; we understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardh View Post
Any news when you're going to be able to complete all the orders or is the PSA lower still the other option?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
At rate of 20-25 per week, the guys at the back of the line are going to be waiting a few more weeks. Palmetto State has an order of 500 that they say will ship by next week; they've been consistently good with following those orders through.

As mentioned above, let us know what you want to do- wait on the JDM's and keep your place in line, swap to the PSA when those arrive here in the week or so, roll into another purchase or even take a refund.

Availability of lowers is going to be crazy for the indefinite future- folks are stockpiling them for insulation against new laws and with long gun registration on the horizon for CA, it'll stay tough throughout 2013.

22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 04-27-2012, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
We ran the special based on JDM promising 200+ lowers for that ad; likewise that ad went to all of our customers so the response was huge- compounding the whole shipping issue. We're annoyed as you guys are. And we understand if you have a preference for the JDM. They are still milking that order- shipping 20 to 25 a week. We know you want the lower and frankly we want to complete the sale, but we'll gladly roll your $90+ into another purchase or refund it for you outright. It's your call; we understand.

At rate of 20-25 per week, the guys at the back of the line are going to be waiting a few more weeks. Palmetto State has an order of 500 that they say will ship by next week; they've been consistently good with following those orders through.

As mentioned above, let us know what you want to do- wait on the JDM's and keep your place in line, swap to the PSA when those arrive here in the week or so, roll into another purchase or even take a refund.

Availability of lowers is going to be crazy for the indefinite future- folks are stockpiling them for insulation against new laws and with long gun registration on the horizon for CA, it'll stay tough throughout 2013.
Well, I definitely don't want a refund. I guess I'll wait until next week to decide. I'm familiar with PSA and their quality but I really wanted a JDM. Now I wish I got 2.

Thank you for your response.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
At rate of 20-25 per week, the guys at the back of the line are going to be waiting a few more weeks.
I'm really debating on whether to get a refund or just wait it out as I've already waited this long. Is there any way to get a better estimate for the wait?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton1183 View Post
I'm really debating on whether to get a refund or just wait it out as I've already waited this long. Is there any way to get a better estimate for the wait?
This week was much the same- 15 lowers arrived ... about 80 folks still in line...

PM sent.

22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 05-04-2012, 2:00 PM

Bill where we at with the pm's we have been going back and forth with?
Old 05-15-2012, 11:39 AM

Going for a refund tonight. Hopefully that is less of a hassle than it was to pay for the lower. Good news for anyone behind me in line I guess
Old 05-17-2012, 9:17 AM

OK just rolled past the 2 and a half month point. Waiting waiting waiting................
Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougolupski View Post
OK just rolled past the 2 and a half month point. Waiting waiting waiting................
Funny the manager at the San Bernardino store must have lied to me. He told me when he came back with my paperwork that they just hit the warehouse and I could start the DROS
Old 05-18-2012, 10:12 AM

Yeah I have heard that before from another member that went to cancel there order well. I just cant justify the time to drive down to Reseda from Santa Barbara to be jerked around. I would be pretty pissed if they pulled sonething like that on me and more than likely being the stubborn Polock I am I would still tell to give me my money back.

I am not a Turners hater yet but there is a reason the last four fire arms I bought in the last three months were not purchased from a Turners store.
Old 05-18-2012, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougolupski View Post
Yeah I have heard that before from another member that went to cancel there order well. I just cant justify the time to drive down to Reseda from Santa Barbara to be jerked around. I would be pretty pissed if they pulled sonething like that on me and more than likely being the stubborn Polock I am I would still tell to give me my money back.

I am not a Turners hater yet but there is a reason the last four fire arms I bought in the last three months were not purchased from a Turners store.
Oh I still canceled and got my money back.

I really hope upper management reads this. This whole experience really turned me off to Tuner's. I work in sales and understand trying to keep a customer but don't flat out lie to me. I don't appreciate being lied to, between that and the whole hassle of the buying process this will be my first and only time I try to buy anything from Turner's again. From what I have read here on Calguns it seems there needs to be a lot of retraining going on and less excuses.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 AM
CGN Contributor

still waiting for mine...
Old 05-22-2012, 1:36 PM

I was called last week and I stopped by on Sunday to DROS it. Turners isn't my favorite place but I don't think this is Turner's fault.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-15-2012, 9:04 AM

Still waiting going on what looks like four months now.