Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 02-27-2021, 7:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Marsing gun show Mar13/14 &Oct 2/3

Small-ish show at the American legion hall in Marsing Idaho. Coming up in two weeks. Worth the visit. Also grab lunch at spot pizza afterwards, 10 bucks for a personal pizza salad and soda.
Similar in size to this weekends homedale Idaho show. Support your local venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2021, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

And the Boise show in between. 3 weekends, three gun shows!

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 02-28-2021, 5:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Yes Sir! I’ll be at all 3. Heading to homedale here in a couple hours.

Old 02-28-2021, 7:45 AM

Wife and l will be taking in the Boise Gun Show next weekend and Marsing the week after. For those that have not been to the "Boise" Gun Show, it's actually held in the Ford Center in Nampa, Idaho.

By the way, here's a link to a great resource with a calendar of upcoming gun shows in any region you wish:

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/boise-gun-show/
Old 02-28-2021, 11:23 AM
Calguns Addict

The Homedale show was pretty crowded for a Sunday. Not a lot of good deals around.... picked up some old ALCAN powder for $6 a can, and a box of round balls for my BP gun. Ammo, primers, and powder prices were bordering on silly and I feel sorry for reloaders that were caught short.

I ended up buying a decent Damascus SxS, just to spend some money. I know the guy that was selling it and he was doing so on behalf of a friend's widow, so I didn't mind chipping in for a good cause.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 02-28-2021, 12:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
The Homedale show was pretty crowded for a Sunday. Not a lot of good deals around.... picked up some old ALCAN powder for $6 a can, and a box of round balls for my BP gun. Ammo, primers, and powder prices were bordering on silly and I feel sorry for reloaders that were caught short.

I ended up buying a decent Damascus SxS, just to spend some money. I know the guy that was selling it and he was doing so on behalf of a friend's widow, so I didn't mind chipping in for a good cause.

I found a browning 1910 i’ve been in the market for for some time but he was a little high on his price and it had an incorrect later magazine. I offered 50 bucks less than asking and he didn’t counter so i walked away from it. I’ve tried dealing with that guy in the past and he’s a difficult guy to deal with so i don’t waste my time with him.

Old 02-28-2021, 1:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
I found a browning 1910 i’ve been in the market for for some time but he was a little high on his price and it had an incorrect later magazine. I offered 50 bucks less than asking and he didn’t counter so i walked away from it. I’ve tried dealing with that guy in the past and he’s a difficult guy to deal with so i don’t waste my time with him.
Yeah - some guys just don't want to move off of their price. I do the same.... move on. Right now things are crazy, and the prices on everything are way off kilter. I did manage to score three nice tins of ALCAN powder for $18. It's good for .357, 38spl, and .44mag...... and the tins make nice bookends for my research library.

Old 02-28-2021, 7:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yeah - some guys just don't want to move off of their price. I do the same.... move on. Right now things are crazy, and the prices on everything are way off kilter. I did manage to score three nice tins of ALCAN powder for $18. It's good for .357, 38spl, and .44mag...... and the tins make nice bookends for my research library.

I think i may have seen you buying those. Around 10:30 this morning? I heard a guy talking about alcan powder at the table behind where i was standing.

Yea prices are goofy right now. I’ve been doing really well every month though. Today’s show was a bust for me but i’m sure i’ll find something good next weekend. Take care and good luck Sir!

Old 02-28-2021, 9:27 PM
Calguns Addict

That was me.

Even though the frenzy is in high gear, I always seem to find something I can use that is under the radar. That ALCAN is a good example. It is excellent power, but overlooked because no one knows what to do with it. I do......

Last edited by bigbossman; 02-28-2021 at 9:31 PM..
Old 03-01-2021, 7:50 AM
Veteran Member

I would like to go to shows again but here the Antioch and Vallejo Calif shows are stuck in covid 19 BS and keep apart wear masks etc and I will not take in a show that requires that. Enjoy the shows you bros go to.

Psalm 1
Old 03-01-2021, 8:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Hunter View Post
I would like to go to shows again but here the Antioch and Vallejo Calif shows are stuck in covid 19 BS and keep apart wear masks etc and I will not take in a show that requires that. Enjoy the shows you bros go to.
That sucks...... those two little shows used to be my favorite. I always found something nice at Vallejo in particular.

We're pretty much shoulder to shoulder here at the shows, and no masks..... well, one or two folks are wearing them at the shows, but they are very much the exception. The big Boise show in Nampa has been limiting the crowd to 300 at a time in the past but Sunday's are low attendance, so that's when I go.

Ada County no longer has a mask mandate in place, except the city of Boise has decided to keep theirs in effect. I don't go to Boise, so eff them. Interestingly enough, The Boise show is in the city of Nampa, in Canyon County. Go figure.....

Old 03-08-2021, 8:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
And the Boise show in between. 3 weekends, three gun shows!

Boise show was awesome this past weekend. A lot of really nice guns. I ended up grabbing a new FN Five seveN pistol from Utah Phil for $950 otd. Great price on a great gun. I Juuuust missed a mint preban Colt lightweight carbine for 1200. Guy in front of me bought it while i was waiting to examine it. That was a steal and i would
have definitely bought it.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
Boise show was awesome this past weekend. A lot of really nice guns. I ended up grabbing a new FN Five seveN pistol from Utah Phil for $950 otd. Great price on a great gun. I Juuuust missed a mint preban Colt lightweight carbine for 1200. Guy in front of me bought it while i was waiting to examine it. That was a steal and i would
have definitely bought it.
I went on Sunday, but didn't find any "big ticket" items that floated my boat. I did find a good deal on .44mag bullets, and bought an interesting book on Winchester lever guns. I saw a few guns that piqued my interest, but the prices were not enticing enough to make me reach for my wallet. Good show, though, with a lot of guns and accessories to look at.

Marsing this weekend!!

Old 03-14-2021, 9:55 AM
Calguns Addict

I went to the show on Sunday - ammo and primers were stupid high-priced, and I didn't see anyone buying. Lots of guns and a good crowd, but I didn't see anything I wanted bad enough to spend a lot of money on. I did buy a box of 700 #11 percussion caps, and a pair of vintage simulated staghorn pistol grips, but that was it. My buddy picked up a very pretty S&W M27 for a decent price.

I've been looking for a nice shootable Damascus or fluid steel SxS shotgun that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but those spendy Parkers and Smiths are a tad out of my league. I had an old Savage 311 20 gauge that I loved, but sold it a few years ago when CA went to steel only. Had I known I was moving, I'd have kept it. So, the search continues.....

Last edited by bigbossman; 03-14-2021 at 10:01 AM..
Old 03-16-2021, 3:43 PM
Calguns Addict

I went saturday. Super crowded. Guy had a walther p88 I wanted but i didn’t bring enough cash this show because i didn’t expect to find anything other 1k that i’d want. I suspect he’ll have it next time i see him as these aren’t real popular with the general pop and it’s 1300$ so most aren’t interested. Bought a few more AUG mags from kermit.