Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 06-09-2016, 7:41 PM

Default How To Get A Copy of DD-214 from CA NG

Anyone know how to get a copy of DD-214 from CA National Guard? I never received one when I separated. I'm not surprised tho. The NG was all ate up! Also, my old unit has since been disbanded. Any help would be great.
Old 06-09-2016, 8:25 PM

Can be requested on-line. See below link. I used this process a few months ago and had my DD 214s in less than 2 weeks time.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...rvice-records/
Old 06-23-2016, 5:11 PM

Worked. Had mine in about the same time. Thanks @GunDog
Old 06-28-2016, 8:47 AM
Banned

Do you have a premium ebenefits account with a DS logon? You can get copies through ebenefits of your entire military personnel file in less than a day.
Old 06-28-2016, 9:35 PM

You don't get one from the Guard. IF you deployed with them then you would have gotten a dd214 when demobing. DD214 is for coming off of active orders. If you never did any active orders with them, you would have just gotten a letter of separation stating you fulfilled your contract.
Old 06-29-2016, 6:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirra45 View Post
You don't get one from the Guard. IF you deployed with them then you would have gotten a dd214 when demobing. DD214 is for coming off of active orders. If you never did any active orders with them, you would have just gotten a letter of separation stating you fulfilled your contract.
yep that is correct. you may receive a nice certificate that the NG will send to you stating you have been honorably discharged from the CANG. I got one many years ago from them when I went back the Reserves.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 06-29-2016, 7:11 PM

Yeah. When I got my packet back, there were 214s and a few of the separation letters. It was what I was looking for. I was a hot mess. Active, Guard in 2 different states, a ton of deployments with all the above. What was I doing...
Old 06-30-2016, 6:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIF_VET View Post
Yeah. When I got my packet back, there were 214s and a few of the separation letters. It was what I was looking for. I was a hot mess. Active, Guard in 2 different states, a ton of deployments with all the above. What was I doing...
You were serving your country and state... Something not on the resumes of the majority of our "leaders" in Sacramento.