Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Default QUIT THE CRYING

I understand that people have little gripes here or there and while i agree with the complaints of people getting diff. serial number guns from warehouse the other complainers about waiting an hour on a saturday and that the employees are rude etc... Just quit *****ing and crying. I have been to a few turners and can say that they handle the amount of people they get the best they can. They are the biggest gun seller in CA i mean what do you expect them to do. YOUR GONNA HAVE TO WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Now on to people that complain of service. While I was standing in torrance yesterday 2 customers were crying and complaining because they felt that salesman was disrespectful for correcting there misinformation about guns. I like how people buy there first gun and overnight they think they are experts and can come in and tell other people whats right and wrong and everything about a gun. I mean if you want to hold a sigpro 2022 in .40 and they dont have any and bring you the 9mm to get a fell GUess whats its the SAME damn gun. Dont cry about weight difference because your not loading it in store where you can see.

I really like the torrance store. They have knowledgeable sales people and try there hardest to always help out. Again dont ***** about waiting, if you dont want to wait to long. go to martin B retting or something where they are over priced and dont care about you either.

Instead of crying go to another store if your not happy.

Just my opinion. GUESS what we live in CALIFORNIA where DROS and paperwork have to be spot on to protect you and the seller so just relax everyone.

Have a nice day
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Calguns Addict

If the DMV sold guns it'd be indiscernible from Turner's.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM

i complained about the wait at Turner's (reseda)...

But the customer service was excellent.. from downpayment on the PSA lowers, to going back in for DROS paperwork to pickup

i dealt with about 6 different employess (including cashiers) and everyone of them were pleasant and great to deal with.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 AM

if you dont like the service or whatever your complaint is , try your local moms and pops gun store , yes you might be in and out way quicker but how about the extra $75-$120 more you have to pay on that g17 or whatever you are picking up ....

I was at turners norwalk yesterday for lunch time to pick up a ruger 22 45 marklll and leave a deposit on the issc m22 to them like 15-20 min to call my number but once its was called took Randy 10min to do a price adjustment on that issc m22 and give me my gun ..... and beleave me the place was packed

Thanks Randy always a preassure to deal with .....

thanks TURNERS i will be back to start dros on my Ruger 10/22 takedown as soon as they come in and my ISSC m22 as soon as the 30 days are up .....

Gracias Muchas Gracias Turners
Old 04-10-2012, 1:01 PM

Just got back from torrance one and service was great again. Thanks wayne for your help and is the main reason why I keep going back.
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Old 04-10-2012, 1:03 PM

What are the issc m22 going for at turners? Easy to find in stock?
Old 04-10-2012, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post
What are the issc m22 going for at turners? Easy to find in stock?
On sale in the weekly calguns special for $280

No idea about stock.
Old 04-10-2012, 9:41 PM

Like the "Questions you would like to ask Turners" they need to create a general complain thread that keeps going and going. Then they could rightfully delete the rest and save some space.

Last Friday I waited 30 minutes with my little number at Reseda just to ask if they had some specific ammo in stock. Naturally the answer was no. They did offer another brand in the same caliber that is over 3 times the price.
Old 04-11-2012, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navycorpsman View Post
They are the biggest gun seller in CA.
really?

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 04-11-2012, 7:12 AM
CGN Contributor

I was at Reseda the other day also and they had guys just asking people if they needed ammo or needed to pick up a gun, while other salesmen were helping new gun buyers. It was going pretty fast. Maybe that is a new thing for them since they have all of the ammo behind the gun counter (LA law). Anyway, it was going much faster that way.
Old 04-11-2012, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
If the DMV sold guns it'd be indiscernible from Turner's.
If you feel that way, you as a consumer have the power to take your business elswhere. Personally, I will continue giving them my business.
Old 04-11-2012, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFlexibus View Post
really?
YES REALLY
Old 04-11-2012, 7:41 AM

Lol yeah the know it all new bees... They're awesome and yes turners has turners has proved by AlOT! I live down the street from the corona store, and I would drive to chino to do bis,but know the corona store is my spot to go!
Old 04-11-2012, 7:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSwain View Post
If you feel that way, you as a consumer have the power to take your business elswhere. Personally, I will continue giving them my business.
And I do. At times though Turner's has the only model of what I want, then I bite the bullet.
Old 04-11-2012, 7:59 AM

Quote:

Just my opinion. GUESS what we live in CALIFORNIA where DROS and paperwork have to be spot on to protect you and the seller so just relax everyone.
That's was a lot of complaining about complainers.

You're totally right. The main problem is all the worthless regulatory paperwork that bogs down the service. Blame our legislators, not Turners. I just went to the SB store yesterday afternoon to pick up a rifle out of jail. I picked up number 78 and they were servicing number 70. Considering that and all the paperwork, they still got me out in 45 minutes. They were harried, but professional. Thumbs up.
Old 04-11-2012, 8:16 AM

[QUOTE=BBJohnnyT;8382541] Blame our legislators, not Turners. QUOTE]

and how did these legislators get elected?

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 04-11-2012, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFlexibus View Post
and how did these legislators get elected?
By enlightened liberals living in the coastal cities.
Old 04-11-2012, 2:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJohnnyT View Post
That's was a lot of complaining about complainers.
+1 haha ohhhh the irony...

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!
Old 04-11-2012, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

I've received bad service at Turner's and I have received exemplary service from them. Most of it has been pretty good. The 10/22TD I just picked up went about as smooth as it could. That being said, you haters sound like a bunch of whinning, sniveling yatches, grow up.
Old 04-11-2012, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Again dont ***** about waiting, if you dont want to wait to long. go to martin B retting or something where they are over priced and dont care about you either.

I agree
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 – 1873)
Old 04-11-2012, 2:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule .308 View Post
I've received bad service at Turner's and I have received exemplary service from them. Most of it has been pretty good. The 10/22TD I just picked up went about as smooth as it could. That being said, you haters sound like a bunch of whinning, sniveling yatches, grow up.
Whinning? Is that like whining and winning at the same time?
Old 04-11-2012, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule .308 View Post
I had a different experience when I picked up my 10/22 takedown and 2 PSA lowers. The whole thing took 3 hours to complete. 1st hour was waiting on my number to be called but that was already expected. There was a misunderstanding that all worked out. I spent the time talking about future firearms purchase until it was all resolved. I can see them making improvements at the Reseda store. Yeah the wait sucks, but there are other things to do while waiting at the Reseda store. If their are 5+ number ahead of me then I go to the Thai restaurant 3 doors down and grab some ice coffee or a meal. There is a pet store their I shop for my dog. You just have to be smart with your time when you go to turners. That way you don't get B-hurt waiting for your number to be called. Give the guys at Turner's a break, I can see them making improvements with service.
Old 04-11-2012, 3:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Buying a gun should not be as slow and hard as buying a car.
Old 04-11-2012, 3:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

To all you who think Turners is bad: You have never tried to get into a Cabellas in Ft. Worth during one of the Big Sales they have every other month. I think it was a little over a mile from where I parked to the store. After several hours just gave up and went back to my Uncle's house.
Old 04-11-2012, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
Buying a gun should not be as slow and hard as buying a car.
I think buying a gun actually has more paperwork involved than buying a car, haha.

I like the Turners in Pasadena, since it's right next door to Bevmo. Nothing like the expression on an anti's face when they see you walking out of a gun store with a couple handles of whisky.
Old 04-11-2012, 3:46 PM

[QUOTE=BBJohnnyT;8382541]That's was a lot of complaining about complainers.

Hahaha yeah see not so much complaining as much as telling the complainers to shut up. Difference to tell complainers to shut it is not complaining its stepping in to tell the babies to get over it
Old 04-16-2012, 3:48 PM

I honestly wouldn't mind if all the angry Turners customers stop going, then I wouldn't have to wait 1.5 hours to pickup a firearm...

Old 04-16-2012, 5:01 PM

I picked up a Remington 870 Express Tactical from the Turners in Norwalk with no problems. Customer service with A+. Never had a bad experience from there since i've been going.
Old 04-16-2012, 5:44 PM

Turner's is dangerously close to losing me as a customer. Not due to rude help or salepeople that can't answer my questions. I've been in the gun hobby more than 30 years and I don't ask the sales people questions, I already know what I want. My only usual question is do you have this in stock? And they've never been rude to me either. No its just those crazy mad insanely aggravating long waits for said salespeople to help me. I'd be happy with just an hour! Try 2 hours for my last visit and I got there when the store opened. Add it up: 1 hour to order an AR lower. 1.5 hours to DROS it. .5 hours that I waited then bailed when it became apparent I was in for a super-long wait. Then that final 2 hours to pick up the lower. FIVE HOURS for one lousy $80 lower. Someone said about going to Retting instead and pay more? Well if Retting can cut that horrendous wait time for just a bit more money then dammit maybe I should go there!! I've bought a thing or two from Retting and I don't recall being treated rudely. I've been to stores where I felt I was treated poorly and I don't care how cheap they are I don't go back.
Old 04-16-2012, 6:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I understand that people have little gripes here or there and while i agree with the complaints of people getting diff. serial number guns from warehouse the other complainers about waiting an hour on a saturday and that the employees are rude etc... Just quit *****ing and crying. I have been to a few turners and can say that they handle the amount of people they get the best they can. They are the biggest gun seller in CA i mean what do you expect them to do. YOUR GONNA HAVE TO WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Now on to people that complain of service. While I was standing in torrance yesterday 2 customers were crying and complaining because they felt that salesman was disrespectful for correcting there misinformation about guns. I like how people buy there first gun and overnight they think they are experts and can come in and tell other people whats right and wrong and everything about a gun. I mean if you want to hold a sigpro 2022 in .40 and they dont have any and bring you the 9mm to get a fell GUess whats its the SAME damn gun. Dont cry about weight difference because your not loading it in store where you can see.

I really like the torrance store. They have knowledgeable sales people and try there hardest to always help out. Again dont ***** about waiting, if you dont want to wait to long. go to martin B retting or something where they are over priced and dont care about you either.

Have a nice day
+1 on this

A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.t.singh View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind if all the angry Turners customers stop going, then I wouldn't have to wait 1.5 hours to pickup a firearm...
I second that.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Honestly, I think that, just as good customer experiences are valuable to hear, bad ones are equally valuable.

Telling one side or the other to silence themselves is just as bad as taking away the right to defend oneself. After all, isn't the first amendment as important as the second?

Before someone says "but this is a private forum, and the first amendment doesn't apply", the owners aren't the ones telling folks to stop complaining...
Old 04-17-2012, 2:07 PM

stitchnicklas, everyone who has ever looked at this board knows you dislike Turners. Why don't you give some insight or advice into how they can improve instead of just saying "Turners sucks" in every single thread?
Old 04-17-2012, 2:19 PM

Not all turners employees are bad. Find the ones that are good and wait for them to help you. I agree it's sucks to wait for things that aren't firearms but waiting to buy a gun is the norm. We live in SoCal there are to many of us to serve.
Old 04-17-2012, 2:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
quit crying huh????????

the words i wish to say are not allowed here...

so proof that turners suck is right here ---->http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=561486
Some people are not happy unless everyone else is having a bad day.

Yeah i'm a Turners fanboy, drank the kool aid a long time ago and loved it. i've been shopping the Norwalk store for a long time and why their might have been some bumps in the road it has been a sweet ride. In fact I can only recall two occasions in the past wheen something went amiss with a purchase and neither was the stores fault. Turners has gone out above and beyond many a time in helping me get the gun I wanted.

When I was searching for a RIA nickel plated in 45ACP, Rich , Jesse, and the rest of the crew must have brought in at least 10 different guns for me to look at, mind you this was when they were on the discount list as well.

It's nice that Turners goes and is actually active on he forum, what with the Calguns members discounts and such. Trying to keep the members here abreast of what is coming new to the stores. Plus something no other vendor seems to do, actively listen to and attempt to correct customer complaints, or as has been said "make it right".

As I said some people cant be pleased, if you feel you have been wronged or slighted by turners to the point were you will no longer shop at the stores, well i feel for you. Your missing out on what could be a great shop. As for me, I'll keep spending my money in Norwalk and patiently waiting for my number to be called.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX22
Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.

Old 04-17-2012, 4:23 PM

To the OP. Guess what, its a forum, people are going to leave feedback, positive OR negative. If YOU don't like it, stop coming in here and reading the threads? Sometimes people check these threads looking for people's opinions of a business, to decide if it's worth spending their money with that business. Turner's has pissed off a lot of people, myself included multiple times in the past 3 months, and guess what, some of these people decided to post about it/let others know what kind of service was delivered.

Take a bit of your own advice, STOP CRYING, and stop reading complaint threads, especially when the title of the complaint thread is ALWAYS a dead giveaway to the content.

"Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.
Old 04-17-2012, 8:45 PM

Overall, I like the one in Pasadena. Lately, the waiting is getting longer b/c more people are buying guns, so I can accept the wait. Buying a gun isn't like buying a can of soda, it takes some time to do the paper work and such. I think the staff there is hard working and very courteous. I've bought lots of stuff there and will continue to.

It would be nice if they had a few chairs to sit on while waiting, and that 70's decor has got to go.

Last edited by Tee Why; 04-17-2012 at 9:01 PM..
Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 PM

like it says quit the cryin! Get there early in the morning. Everyone knows they are gonna be packed so just go way early before they open. I get there way before they open and never have a problem. If you have trouble waking up early then sucks for you. btw have never had to even use the number system because I got there EARLY
Old 04-17-2012, 10:48 PM

also if you don't like the ppt at turners just find another place dude, not a big deal.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
i guess people do not have jobs,lives,family,other things going on so we all should be at turners at 10 am during the middle of the work week....
I can understand why you dislike Turners and nothing wrong with that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and its really hard to please everybody. This is a public forum and as important as the 2nd amendment is here, the 1st amendment is as important. Wouldn't it benefit everyone instead of saying Turners sucks, to give suggestions on what Turner's can do to help improve service. The more we voice our concerns on how to improve Turner's, in turn the powers that be at corporate will act on it. It's a process and with any change, can take time.