Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 12-16-2018, 8:21 AM

Default Props to Jordan at Pacifica Sporting Arms, great (ulimately) experince!

Good day Calgunners --=--

I have a decent Beretta 682, bought from Pacific Sporting Arms circa 2005. After about 6 months, the finish on the stock blistered, so I sent it back after talking with John. They sent it back to me with a new stock. GREAT!
A few years later it blistered again, so I spoke to John about the issue, but was not greeted with the same enthusiasm and I let it slide going to a refinishing expert locally.
Fast forward to another blistering of the stock, then sending it to another refinish expert in Texas....after 1 year blistering again.
Of course by this time I am researching to buy another stock, but they are rather expensive at $1,100- $1,400 with the adjustable cheek, which is what I have. I even talked with the Beretta representative about Beretta helping me to buy a new stock by donating a percentage to defer cost. Nothing.
So with a last ditch effort, I recontacted via email Pacific Sporting Arms and got an email reply from Jordan shortly. He asked after seeing pictures of it for me to send it to him as he wanted to see it in person, which I sent the entire gun to him.
I then waited for his reply to which he stated that they are currently refinishing the stock by stripping it completely and putting a new finish on my stock. WOW totally unexpected!
I received my shotgun back and the wood looks much, much better, not perfect, but way better than it did when I sent it to Jordan. It looks almost new.
So, this is to let you know what I know, Jordan at Pacific Sporting Arms is one stand up individual that does not only the right thing, but goes above and beyond what would be customer service. Consider that shotgun is 13 years old from my original purchase, holy cow!
I thank you Jordan for your efforts to keep a customer, which you now have for life and I will expound upon Pacific Sporting Arms and how they treat their clientele to anyone that will listen or asks where to purchase a fine shotgun.
Thank YOU!
mike

Last edited by Revoman; 12-16-2018 at 8:30 AM..
Old 12-16-2018, 9:03 AM
Banned

I wonder who does their refinishing work, I hope it's not those truck mechanics at Air Cushion.
Old 12-16-2018, 7:12 PM

^^^
Call em and ask....?
Old 12-17-2018, 5:28 AM
Veteran Member

I've known Jordan for some time Revoman. You're correct, Stand up, honest and one of the nicest people you'll meet. I need to get over to PSA and have a chat. Been a while.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:14 PM
Probably PUI
CGN Contributor

Jordan sold me my first nice shotgun as well, you won't find a better shop than Pacific Sporting Arms.

That said, I'm questioning why you would have 4 separate finishes blister off of two different pieces of furniture, couldn't be contaminated wood after you changed the wood and 4 improper finish applications from both the factory and independent shops seems like some long odds.

I'd be much more inclined to look at your cleaning or storage conditions, what solvents or chemicals you use, etc. Whatever you're doing with that gun, you're killing the finish yourself.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-17-2018, 7:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestions Cuda440, but I have other shotguns that do not suffer the same malady.
This particular wood seems odd as well, while one expert tells me that it's not really walnut, Jordan tells me that it is walnut. I have to believe Jordan, but the wood does speak a different language. I thought that perhaps there was a bad run of resinous wood from the mid-2000's, but that's pure conjecture on my part.
I do not use oils on my shotguns I use wax on both steel and wood....on ALL of my firearms, not just this shotgun, yet it is the only one that has the issue....even with two other Berettas in my safe.
Beretta has by the way a different way of finishing most of their stocks now, they no longer have the high-gloss, it's mostly matte or oil finish nowadays. Not saying that there aren't any, I just haven't seen them for quite a few years. Maybe there is a lesson learned on their part to not use the high-gloss? I dunno.
I also live in a dry clime, 30 miles from the coast, so it's unlikely that is the issue as the 'others' are fine.
Old 12-18-2018, 5:14 AM

Glad to hear that you were well taken care of.

It is really important to take care of a customer after the sale. That way they keep buying from you in the future. That’s what I would do if I was a salesman.