Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-26-2013, 3:59 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Obama wants the federal government to know everything about you gun owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Article
In the near future, Americans who own or want guns likely will be subject to rafts of new questions from social scientists, medical researchers and law enforcement officials intent to discover just what guns they own, why they own them and what they intend to use them for — not to mention where and how they keep them.

They will also likely have more researchers poring over such issues as whether childhood education programs against gun violence actually work; whether there actually is any relationship between violence in the media and in real life; and whether the safety plans that were drawn up by schools, colleges and communities in the wake of highly publicized mass shootings actually are effective.

Those and many other gun-related questions are the thrust of a new social science research agenda that the Obama administration hopes will keep the push for gun control alive for years to come.

The research agenda is intended to produce mammoth amounts of raw data on American gun owners, users and their circumstances, meaning that violence resulting from firearms use will be studied for “its causes, approaches to interventions that could prevent it, and strategies to minimize its health burden.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...est=latestnews

Last edited by stix213; 06-26-2013 at 4:03 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 4:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I am happy to provide a complete answer for them.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 06-26-2013, 4:16 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So far, the study has drawn plaudits from liberal sponsoring foundations, and a cautious level of support from the National Rifle Association, which took part, according to NRA Director of Research and Information John Frazer, “because some of the research that is already out there is due for an update.”

Among other things, the NRA argued, the steep drop in American violent crime —about a 46 percent decline between 1994 and 2011— deserves study in the context of the spread of “right-to carry” laws permitting citizens to bear firearms in public.

The NRA would also like to see more research work on the deterrent effect of firearms on crime, and the benefits of firearm ownership, including “socialization into lawful gun use.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XN3rlHm8
Old 06-26-2013, 4:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

"Because I like it and I have the right to the pursuit of happiness. I also have the right to keep and bear arms which has already been upheld by the SCOTUS. If you don't like that explanation that's your problem not mine and I suggest you seek some professional psychiatric help with your problem."

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 06-26-2013, 4:24 PM

I'm sure there will be some tax a la Obamacare if you don't answer their questions

"Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers
Old 06-26-2013, 4:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

I welcome any Federal attempt to research gun ownership so we can create sensible gun control laws that aren't just an ineffective burden on responsible gun owners. Quite frankly I don't see why this is so sensational and why the first reaction is OMG NO NOT RESEARCH!

Without this sort of measure you can expect laws to be drafted purely out of fear in a reactionary model, just as they have been.

What I'm more interested in is how we at CGF can assist with these projects to ensure responsible gun owners have a voice in the process. If our party line is pro-gun-everything then we are going to lose our rights at the hands of those that don't understand us. Instead we are far better served by recognizing public safety goals and contributing to the discussion with suggestions on how to accomplish them in a manner aligned with our interests.
Old 06-26-2013, 5:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Dam dictatorship

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 06-26-2013, 5:13 PM
Hooligan
CGN Contributor

Why do I own guns you ask Mr Gubbament?

Well, it's none of your damn business, that's why.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid" -Han Solo

"A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"
Old 06-26-2013, 5:27 PM

Disappointing that Fox would repeat the lie that it would be "value-neutral" as there is no way this administration would create a study for anything other than banning of guns. The CDC is anti, the liberal groups are as well, and the administration is beyond hope.

I would agree with naeco87's post *if* there were a possibility that the claims of reason why they want the research were true. And I'd like to be wrong, however the track record of the people involved says otherwise. I'd perhaps be more inclined to believe it if Bloomberg, Fienstein et al were screaming in horror at the idea of gun research. The things the NRA would like studied I doubt is what this is for, but they are pretty much required to display the "cautious level of support". Mind you, I would love to be wrong on this, but until that's proven (and even after) information about my possessions, of any sort, is strictly on a need to know basis.
Old 06-26-2013, 5:31 PM
Veteran Member

He can XXXk off.
Old 06-26-2013, 5:32 PM
Veteran Member

POS!
Old 06-26-2013, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exercion View Post
I would agree with naeco87's post *if* there were a possibility that the claims of reason why they want the research were true. And I'd like to be wrong, however the track record of the people involved says otherwise. I'd perhaps be more inclined to believe it if Bloomberg, Fienstein et al were screaming in horror at the idea of gun research. The things the NRA would like studied I doubt is what this is for, but they are pretty much required to display the "cautious level of support". Mind you, I would love to be wrong on this, but until that's proven (and even after) information about my possessions, of any sort, is strictly on a need to know basis.
We can't exclude ourselves from the discussion because we're afraid it might not be productive. While I understand your concern, you can expect that gun laws will be far more restrictive if responsible gun owners don't participate now.

I'd much rather have laws based around scientific research than the whims of any politician seeking reelection.
Old 06-26-2013, 5:35 PM

If only they would use all this wasted effort on researching criminals. They might discover that criminals don't obey laws.
Old 06-26-2013, 5:37 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Which reminds me I am going to my first physical in many years.

I wonder if Dr. will ask me if I own any of the dreaded firearms.

Me: Nope.

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 06-26-2013, 5:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Currently holding up one finger, you guess which one!
Old 06-26-2013, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
Which reminds me I am going to my first physical in many years.

I wonder if Dr. will ask me if I own any of the dreaded firearms.

Me: Nope.

When asked by Dr. Bedwetter do you own any guns:

"No. Do you think it's a good idea? Where could I learn more about buying a gun. I'll have to look into it when I get home".

He'll fudge his Huggies thinking that he may have just created another gun owner. If the AMA or Bloomberg find out he's gonna have a lotta 'splaining to do.
Old 06-26-2013, 5:41 PM

I'll answer the question when you can tell me why police have them.
Old 06-26-2013, 5:51 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickrock1 View Post
Dam dictatorship
no kidding!

The first question I had (to myself) was - "what country are we in?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 06-26-2013, 5:52 PM
Calguns Addict

So after all this research is done, and it shows the vast majority of our population owns guns, uses them safely what will they do? How will they spin the reality that it is poor minorities in inner cities that perpetrate 99.999% of "gun violence", and 99.999% of that is against other street gang types.

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 06-26-2013, 5:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeco81 View Post
We can't exclude ourselves from the discussion because we're afraid it might not be productive. While I understand your concern, you can expect that gun laws will be far more restrictive if responsible gun owners don't participate now.

I'd much rather have laws based around scientific research than the whims of any politician seeking reelection.
if we exclude ourselves we can say the results are bogus since gun owners.... excluded themselves....

If you can't get a proper sample... garbage in garbage out....
Old 06-26-2013, 5:56 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fugitive View Post
I'll answer the question when you can tell me why police have them.
or when they can answer the question "why does it matter?"...

millions of gun owners and a handful of whackos does not justify the kookiness that we are seeing...

I have never exhibited any characteristics that would lead anyone to believe I would go on a killing spree... any question they would ask, and answer they would receive would not change that.

Why would they ask me those questions? If they didn't have a reasonable answer (that pertained to me) then the discussion would go no further.
Quote:
Quote:
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 06-26-2013, 5:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Not to veer into tinfoil territory, but this is a backdoor means of making a gun registry down the road.

Obama doesn't have the political capitol to openly campaign for a national gun registry, and its logistically impossible to make an accurate consolidated Federal database out of existing info.

Enter the "medical" questionnaires . Each time LE contacts someone and asks what guns they have, it goes into a file folder. The same thing goes for the medical establishment. All that info gets retained so that when our nation is overrun by statist voters, the enforcement agencies can promptly get to work taxing and registering guns and their owners.

Even if your gun isn't registered or has a 4473 attached to it, answers you-or your spouse- gave on "Document X" years ago will flag you for a visit by the Confiscation Fairy.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 06-26-2013, 6:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtonhouse View Post
I'm sure there will be some tax a la Obamacare if you don't answer their questions
Obamacare prohibits asking about and/or collecting this information. It's in the bill.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 06-26-2013, 6:03 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Obamacare prohibits asking about and/or collecting this information. It's in the bill.
you have more faith in the system (that is still being created) than I do.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 06-26-2013, 6:08 PM

Quote:
I welcome any Federal attempt to research gun ownership so we can create sensible gun control laws that aren't just an ineffective burden on responsible gun owners. Quite frankly I don't see why this is so sensational and why the first reaction is OMG NO NOT RESEARCH!

Without this sort of measure you can expect laws to be drafted purely out of fear in a reactionary model, just as they have been.

What I'm more interested in is how we at CGF can assist with these projects to ensure responsible gun owners have a voice in the process. If our party line is pro-gun-everything then we are going to lose our rights at the hands of those that don't understand us. Instead we are far better served by recognizing public safety goals and contributing to the discussion with suggestions on how to accomplish them in a manner aligned with our interests.
If this is a bit of trolling, I'll admit that it's good. If this was supposed to be a serious post... oh my..
My life may not be worth the mere firearms, but should it ever really come down to it, my life is worth the freedom. The only reason you and I have the freedom we have is because someone else put their life on the line, knowing that it's not just about the guns.
Quote:
No one is free until everyone is free. If you champion your own rights, but won't stand up for the rights of others, you're no better than those who wish to take our rights away.
"No one will be spared." - Claus von Stauffenberg
Old 06-26-2013, 6:09 PM
Banned

NYGB

Z
Old 06-26-2013, 6:15 PM

Quote:

We're never going to have laws regarding firearms with any shred of scientific backing to them. If we did, we'd have nothing but the second amendment.

Yes, we CAN and SHOULD exclude ourselves from every single one-sided questionnaire that seeks only to gather incriminating information. The side gathering the information is always the side with the power. Why do you think wire tapping and other forms of surveillance are going on? Information is power. I'm not going to give them any information that might help them in any way restrict my rights.

This is insane. The government is supposed to work for US. Why would anyone who cares about freedom advocate caving into their system of games and playing on their turf? They have every advantage and a track record of deceit and tyranny. How could you possibly see any benefit in sharing this kind of information with your doctor/teacher/boss/whoever?

Wake up already!
My life may not be worth the mere firearms, but should it ever really come down to it, my life is worth the freedom. The only reason you and I have the freedom we have is because someone else put their life on the line, knowing that it's not just about the guns.
Quote:
No one is free until everyone is free. If you champion your own rights, but won't stand up for the rights of others, you're no better than those who wish to take our rights away.
Old 06-26-2013, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findout View Post
We're never going to have laws regarding firearms with any shred of scientific backing to them. If we did, we'd have nothing but the second amendment.
This is so naive and ignorant. What you're effectively saying is that people should be allowed to buy any weapon they want. We can have no laws regarding firearms because consensus in the scientific community is that firearms are completely safe in every circumstance without any regulation whatsoever.

Can you see why that sounds absurd? Negligent discharge with a rocket launcher sure sounds like a fun neighborhood activity.

Quote:
Yes, we CAN and SHOULD exclude ourselves from every single one-sided questionnaire that seeks only to gather incriminating information. The side gathering the information is always the side with the power. Why do you think wire tapping and other forms of surveillance are going on? Information is power. I'm not going to give them any information that might help them in any way restrict my rights.
Not sure you understand how research works. I'll give you another example related to the prohibition of marijuana. For quite some time the scientific community has known there are medical applications of this plant. However, as part of the war on drugs the CSA was passed and listed marijuana as a schedule I drug - i.e. no medical application and the most prohibited class.

For the past few decades people fighting for marijuana decriminalization have been begging for a Federal study on the effects of the drug. Unlike you, they understand the value in empirical data. It isn't a guaranteed win but it is a hell of a lot better than hoping one day people wake up and change their minds without any catalyst.

The logic is simple. If the truth is on your side then you have every motivation to expose it.

Quote:
This is insane. The government is supposed to work for US. Why would anyone who cares about freedom advocate caving into their system of games and playing on their turf? They have every advantage and a track record of deceit and tyranny. How could you possibly see any benefit in sharing this kind of information with your doctor/teacher/boss/whoever?
The government does work for us just not always for you or me individually on our terms. If you can't grasp this then think about who "us" is.

Us includes gun owners, it includes the larger population of non-owners, it includes liberals, democrats, republicans, and every single American out there. Guess what? Americans don't agree on everything. That means for any given law about any given thing there are going to be people that disagree with it. If you keep ranting from this perspective it just underscores your inability to think beyond yourself and pretty much disqualifies you from legitimate commentary about public policy.

Quote:
This is in your signature. How ironic. Ever read the preamble of the Constitution? You know, "We the people...?" Everyone in America has a right to feel safe in this country. That means people who fear guns too. Yet here you are unwilling to even consider that they may have rights you should stand up for as well.

And you wonder why our gun control laws suck... have a mirror handy?

Last edited by naeco81; 06-26-2013 at 7:10 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 7:02 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry, but what right do you have to bring reason, common sense and and open mind to this thread. If you even talk to or listn to the "enemy" (an ever expanding list here on Cal Guns) You are a troll, a statist and / or a traitor.

That attitude is doing more to harm us than most of us will ever admit and it's sad. Some people here are so black and white that there is no room for any grey area or respect for any other point of view.
Old 06-26-2013, 7:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Why for we need ANY more laws? The current ones are rarely enforced, and then only when it happens to be politically expedient, only create barriers to law-abiding citizens, and as pretty much every densely populated metro area in the country has proven, do NOT reduce crime, deaths, or injuries with or WITHOUT firearms.

If you think this will result in anything positive for us, you haven't been paying attention at all.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 06-26-2013, 7:31 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:

It's crap first of all, be because it's the government wasting time and money, on something where no one is asking the question. As if what citizens own is any of their business. There is some good research already out there, it's just that the phony gun grabbers intend to use such opportunity, to push their own questionable studies as always. It's also Obama we're talking about here. He's never seen a gun he liked, and everything and anything, will be used to disparage gun ownership. You can bet on it.
Old 06-26-2013, 7:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg36f View Post
I'm sorry, but what right do you have to bring reason, common sense and and open mind to this thread. If you even talk to or listn to the "enemy" (an ever expanding list here on Cal Guns) You are a troll, a statist and / or a traitor.

That attitude is doing more to harm us than most of us will ever admit and it's sad. Some people here are so black and white that there is no room for any grey area or respect for any other point of view.
Says the guy that didn't see a problem with a police officer tasing a child in a school simply because the child didn't stop talking quickly enough during a safety demonstration......

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 06-26-2013, 7:33 PM

Wonder how many owners will "envoke the right to remain silent.."
Old 06-26-2013, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRangel View Post
It's crap first of all, be because it's the government wasting time and money, on something where no one is asking the question. As if what citizens own is any of their business. There is some good research already out there, it's just that the phony gun grabbers intend to use such opportunity, to push their own questionable studies as always. It's also Obama we're talking about here. He's never seen a gun he liked, and everything and anything, will be used to disparage gun ownership. You can bet on it.
WE are asking the question because WE do not find the current laws equitable. If you don't want to participate in the democratic process then that's your prerogative. However, my understanding is this forum is dedicated to that task. Unfortunately, many CGF members seem to think this is a communal place to cry together but accomplish nothing.
Old 06-26-2013, 7:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbedtruckin View Post
Wonder how many owners will "envoke the right to remain silent.."
Whatever you don't say will be used against you.
Old 06-26-2013, 7:52 PM

Quote:
This is so naive and ignorant - SNIP - have a mirror handy?
Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Do you wish to continue your anti-gun tirade or are we finished here? Mind the sheepskin, guy.
Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 7:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I am happy to provide a complete answer for them.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Mine wasn't going to be so eloquent, it's a lot shorter too.

Pound Sand!

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
― Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams
Old 06-26-2013, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Says the guy that didn't see a problem with a police officer tasing a child in a school simply because the child didn't stop talking quickly enough during a safety demonstration......
You have me confused with someone else.
Old 06-26-2013, 7:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

[B]I'd much rather have laws based around scientific research than the whims of any politician seeking reelection. [/B]
Unfortunately there are several holes in this theory:

1. Libidiots ignore data unless it suits their cause.

2. Data can easily be manipulated through carefully worded questions and sample groups.

If the 0bummer administration is running the studies I will lump them in with all the other crap they keep doing (i.e. benghazi, IRS, NSA, AP, voter intimidation, increase of welfare rolls, obama phones, obamacare, failed stimulus, outlandish vacations, etc., etc., etc.) These studies will be heavily biased and wildly inaccurate.
Old 06-26-2013, 7:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Us includes gun owners, it includes the larger population of non-owners, it includes liberals, democrats, republicans, and every single American out there.
After they try and take them, these are the people that we're going to feed to our dogs.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
― Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Last edited by tuolumnejim; 06-26-2013 at 9:00 PM..