Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 04-26-2017, 9:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Innawoods View Post
Would you consider releasing the .stl file? I'd like to try printing it myself. If not I'll just model something similar.
Lmao yeah all his R&D for free
Old 04-26-2017, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCamper View Post

Second is the safety. I can't quite reach it.

This is about as far as I can go:

Not a big deal, but I thought I should point it out. I just used my left hand. I suppose another option would be to install an ambi safety and just use your trigger finger on the other side of the rifle.
You right handed people always had it to easy. For us lefties who always have to adapt to the right handed world, get an ambitious safety and use your trigger finger to use the safety. Once you do it for a while it becomes second habit.

I just listened to a podcast today where they were mentioning the same thing about lefties having to adapt. You can do it.
Old 04-27-2017, 6:29 PM

Pre-ordered two of them. Nice.
Old 04-28-2017, 2:49 PM

Any firm deadline for the May crowdfunding campaign?
Old 04-28-2017, 2:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Q: Are these now avaliable ?

Need 2 asap
Old 04-28-2017, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
Q: Are these now avaliable ?

Need 2 asap
Pre-order says early June but I hope they move up that date.
Old 04-28-2017, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1snowridr View Post
Pre-order says early June but I hope they move up that date.
When I pre-ordered one weeks ago Resurgent indicated they would ship in May. Who knows, I'll believe it when I see it. Haha, perhaps July?

Last edited by ilaw; 04-28-2017 at 5:45 PM..
Old 04-28-2017, 7:41 PM

why you guys are ordering compliance parts before regulations are set in store are beyond me !
Old 04-28-2017, 8:37 PM

Maybe they just want to go featureless to be able to drop a mag like you should be able to in most other states
Old 04-28-2017, 9:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshire View Post
why you guys are ordering compliance parts before regulations are set in store are beyond me !
Because some of us, who value Function over form, were featureless before it was cool.

Last edited by C.W.M.V.; 04-29-2017 at 6:05 AM..
Old 04-28-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. View Post
Because some of us, who value form over function, were featureless before it was cool.

I think you mean function over form, but agree 100%.
Old 04-29-2017, 6:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pting View Post
I think you mean function over form, but agree 100%.
Indeed I did.
Drunkposting is a ***** lol.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgent_arms View Post
I'm shooting for 2 months to deliver the first batch.

I'm working my *** off right now to find the right manufacturer as we narrow in on the final design.
Any update on delivery for those of us who pre-ordered?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:54 AM

Has anyone had an opportunity to try a preproduction model on a DPMS pattern AR10 for fit?
Old 05-01-2017, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1snowridr View Post
Any update on delivery for those of us who pre-ordered?
I notice that Resurgent Arms hasn't posted here for about 6 weeks (since March 19, 2017). I'm beginning to think that we've been taken, and we're never going to receive our grips. As for me, I'll probably contact PayPal and see if I can get a refund. GLTA.

Last edited by ilaw; 05-16-2017 at 5:35 PM.. Reason: factual error
Old 05-01-2017, 6:50 PM
Calguns Addict

"we had to push back to June. A manufacturer relationship fell through, and I had to choose between shipping on time vs. ensuring the level of quality I would want. email me at will@resurgentarms.com if you want to discuss further"

on their youtube channel
Old 05-01-2017, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggs75 View Post
You right handed people always had it to easy. For us lefties who always have to adapt to the right handed world, get an ambitious safety and use your trigger finger to use the safety. Once you do it for a while it becomes second habit.

I just listened to a podcast today where they were mentioning the same thing about lefties having to adapt. You can do it.
going featureless you have to get an ambi safety.
Old 05-03-2017, 5:56 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hi everybody,

Sorry about being MIA. I have a ton of channels to attend to, and I let this one slip.

We had a delay in shipping. Long story short, a manufacturer relationship fell through. The shape that makes our grip so ergonomic apparently also makes it a giant pain in the *** to design a mold for. We had selected a manufacturer, got the ball rolling, and then just last week they told me they couldn't do it. I spent all week trying to salvage the relationship, but ultimately had to jettison it.

We're currently talking to another manufacturer who is much more upfront about the mold challenges, and is actively working with us to modify the design to increase moldability.

I apologize for this -- we're going to have to push back. I don't know how much. Could be August.

If this is a dealbreaker for you, I totally understand. Email me at will@resurgentarms.com, and I'll refund you promptly, no questions asked.

That being said, if you want to stick with it, I plan on taking care of my early supporters. That will probably take the form of insanely good deals on any of our new stuff, like the compensator we're going to announce soon. Ironically, the comp will probably ship sooner than the grip, because it's way easier to machine something than to create a mold.

Again, I am sorry. Unlike most companies making featureless gear, I started as a hobbyist with an idea, and am having to build all our systems from scratch. Thanks for your patience, guys.

-Will
Old 05-03-2017, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgent_arms View Post
We're currently talking to another manufacturer who is much more upfront about the mold challenges, and is actively working with us to modify the design to increase moldability.
I've got a pre-order. So I'm curious about the last part of this sentence, namely, "modify the design". What're we talking about here? I think that something "significantly" different from what we believed we were purchasing could change some minds. Can you elaborate?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15thaf5thbw View Post
I've got a pre-order. So I'm curious about the last part of this sentence, namely, "modify the design". What're we talking about here? I think that something "significantly" different from what we believed we were purchasing could change some minds. Can you elaborate?
Sure.

There were a few issues that made it really tough to mold. Without getting into too much detail, there are four minor changes we had to make:

1. Slightly adjust the angle of the bottom strap.
2. Hollow out the interior a lot deeper (this change is invisible to the user)
3. Change the storage compartment hatch from a "snap on" style to a "friction" style.
4. Reduce the severity of the thumb shelves.

This had to do with things like, evening out the part thickness to reduce sink, and eliminating undercuts and negative drafts.

Overall these are like 2-4% changes. Looking at the grip from five feet away, you wouldn't even be able to tell.

Once we've gotten the okay from the new manufacturer that the design is good to go, I'll print a new copy and show what changed. If you decide you're out at that point, no worries. But most likely it'll be barely noticeable stuff that only minimally changes the overall ergos.
Old 05-04-2017, 1:24 PM

So I just preordered one. Will be interesting to see if I prefer this grip or my current hammerhead.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2017, 2:48 PM
Veteran Member

That's what I want to know.
I'm running hammerheads now, curious how these compare.
Old 05-10-2017, 5:41 PM

One thing I like about your product is the End-plate groove, to keep the sharp edge from digging into your hand.

But no one is addressing the sharp edges on the buffer tube.

What I'd like to see is a package deal with a buffer tube that smooths out the following:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buffer Tube.jpg (42.8 KB, 153 views)
Old 05-10-2017, 6:26 PM
Veteran Member

Do you even Dremel tool brah?
Lol.
Old 05-17-2017, 6:15 PM

Default Scam?

On 5/3/17, "Will" (if that's his real name) posted that he would promptly and gladly refund a buyer's pre-order payment should they request it. Well, that's certainly not been the case! I sent him an e-mail both through his provided e-mail address and through PayPal over one week ago. In neither case has he seen fit to reply.

There has been delay after delay, and excuse after excuse from Resurgent Arms. A delivery date of May has turned into June, then July, and now August. I'm beginning to believe that this "Will" is a scammer, and has absolutely no intention of filling any orders.

Thus, I have escalated my dispute to a claim with PayPal in the hope of receiving a refund for my $41.14 pre-order payment. Let's see if PayPal has any better luck that I've had in contacting him. Be advised that you may have been scammed.

Last edited by ilaw; 05-17-2017 at 6:19 PM..
Old 05-17-2017, 6:24 PM
Veteran Member

You come off like an ***.
Not saying you are, I get it, but this is pretty obviously a gun enthusiast who had an idea, got a lot of hype and support, then got overwhelmed in the process of actually getting it to market.
I hope for all the best because I'd like to eventually buy a few of these, but I'm not expecting him to get up and running asap or even soon at all.
I know if I was told to bring product X to full commercial production right god damn now I'd have literally no idea what to do to make it happen.
Old 05-17-2017, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaw View Post
On 5/3/17, "Will" (if that's his real name) posted that he would promptly and gladly refund a buyer's pre-order payment should they request it. Well, that's certainly not been the case! I sent him an e-mail both through his provided e-mail address and through PayPal over one week ago. In neither case has he seen fit to reply.

There has been delay after delay, and excuse after excuse from Resurgent Arms. A delivery date of May has turned into June, then July, and now August. I'm beginning to believe that this "Will" is a scammer, and has absolutely no intention of filling any orders.

Thus, I have escalated my dispute to a claim with PayPal in the hope of receiving a refund for my $41.14 pre-order payment. Let's see if PayPal has any better luck that I've had in contacting him. Be advised that you may have been scammed.
I got a refund with no issues so maybe he's away from the internet....
Old 05-17-2017, 6:39 PM

Quote:
You come off like an ***.
Not saying you are, I get it, but this is pretty obviously a gun enthusiast who had an idea, got a lot of hype and support, then got overwhelmed in the process of actually getting it to market.
I hope for all the best because I'd like to eventually buy a few of these, but I'm not expecting him to get up and running asap or even soon at all.
I know if I was told to bring product X to full commercial production right god damn now I'd have literally no idea what to do to make it happen.
Now just why am I an a**? Because I'm expressing my concerns and looking out for my interest?

Anyway, you're clearly a person of much much intellect. Your profanity clearly illustrates it.

You apparently can't see the obvious. Postponement after postponement certainly tells me that something is amiss. Also, if you're supposedly running a business I would expect you to check your e-mails at least once a week. Finally, if you're so confident in "Will" why don't you increase your pre-order? Put your money where your foul mouth is.

Last edited by ilaw; 05-17-2017 at 7:13 PM..
Old 05-17-2017, 6:49 PM

I contacted him about delivery and he replied, said I could get a refund, told me about problems with the original manufacture, and was going to another mold maker. I decided to just wait, it ain't all that much money anyway.
Old 05-17-2017, 6:54 PM
Veteran Member

Purchased 2 units - Black and FDE. Using PP, to ensure money back guarantee is in place.....
Old 05-17-2017, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1BigTuna View Post
I contacted him about delivery and he replied, said I could get a refund, told me about problems with the original manufacture, and was going to another mold maker. I decided to just wait, it ain't all that much money anyway.
I would rather wait until his grip is completely finished and shipping, then I might possibly buy one and pay the extra $10. But as it is, I'm concerned about these constant delays and excuses. As I indicated, May to June to July to August doesn't provide me with much assurance that it will ever get done.

Last edited by ilaw; 05-17-2017 at 7:14 PM..
Old 05-17-2017, 7:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Haha. you're clearly not a person of much intellect. Your profanity clearly illustrates it.

You can't see the obvious. Postponement after postponement certainly tells me that something is amiss. Also, if you're supposedly running a business I would expect you to check your e-mails at least once a week. Anyway, if you're so confident in "Will" why don't you increase your pre-order? Put your money where you're foul mouthed mouth is.
Not just an *** now, but a troll and a prude to boot.

Something is amiss, and he's described the issues.
Furthermore other member have been able to contact him and make a decision to either get a refund or keep their pre orders active. So what are you doing wrong?

Now go back to bible study Sally.
Old 05-17-2017, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Not just an *** now, but a troll and a prude to boot.

Something is amiss, and he's described the issues.
Furthermore other member have been able to contact him and make a decision to either get a refund or keep their pre orders active. So what are you doing wrong?

Now go back to bible study Sally.
Hahaha, this "bible studier" is fully capable of calling you what you are: a loser! The more you post the clearer it becomes that you're a total fool and a person that is unsuccessful in life. Hey, loser, buy more from Resurgent Arms grips to prove what an imbecile you are.
Old 05-17-2017, 7:50 PM

I work in injection molding and all I can say is it isn't an easy or fast field when it comes to getting molds production ready.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 8:36 PM

Ordered and FDE the other day

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Location: 37°44'16.40" N 121°25'53.28" W aka Tracy, CA. 95376

Quote:

Will processed my refund in hours without any hassles whatsoever.
Old 05-18-2017, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcaller6 View Post
Will processed my refund in hours without any hassles whatsoever.
I'm glad you had a good experience. All I can say is that I haven't shared in that experience.

I sent him a polite e-mail requesting a refund because the delivery date kept getting postponed, and not just by a few weeks but by a few months. Also, on 5/3/17 he posted here on Calguns that he would promptly issue a refund if one was requested. In any case, he never replied to my original e-mail, so I proceeded to try and contact him through PayPal. Again no response. After two unsuccessful attempts, I asked PayPal to intervene.

I feel that if you're going to establish an Internet business, you should obligate yourself to at least check your e-mail weekly, and be able to respond to your customers in a relatively timely manner. That hasn't happened. After all, we're being asked to basically fund his start-up for him by pre-ordering, and we're placing our trust in him.

One other comment: I ordered from Will in March with the understanding that his grip would be delivered in May. When May turned into August, I became concerned. PayPal will reimburse you up to 180 days from the date of purchase. August is getting mighty close to September, which will be 180 days for me. Given the numerous postponements, I could easily see August turning into October or November, in which case I'd have no recourse.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Everyone here can make their own decision. Perhaps Will is indeed a truly stand-up guy, and has good intentions. I just want to move on, however.
Old 05-19-2017, 9:34 PM
Veteran Member

Here is another release delay update received today:

I want to update you on the status of our grips.

We were shooting for an early June delivery date, and we have to push it back. Until when, I'm not sure yet -- I will know that hopefully by the end of next week. As soon as I do, I will pass that on to you. Either way, I'll contact you next week with another update.

I've been getting some questions about what happened. Here's the short version:

We had selected a manufacturer for the grip. Everything looked good, they seemed reputable, and the negotiation process was smooth. Then, as we approached the time to write them a check to create the mold, they started getting squirrely. Suddenly, everything was going to take longer, and they kept requesting we alter our design.

While working my butt off to try and salvage the relationship, I started looking for another manufacturer. Fortunately, I found one. I made sure to pick a company that has made AR-15 grips in the past, as well as had multiple other companies willing to vouch for them. Most importantly, they were upfront about some of the design challenges and were willing to work with us to perfect the design well before quoting the work.

So, the bad news is, I had to switch manufacturers, which will substantially push back delivery. Again, I'm not sure when, but you'll know as soon as I know.

The good news is, our new manufacturer is a way better company, and I'm confident they'll produce the grips to the level of quality I demand and I hope you expect. They've actually contracted with a MAJOR name in AR-15 grips. They haven't yet okayed me to say who, but it's a well-known company that makes a high-end product.

I hope this email answers any asked or unasked questions you have. If you do have any further questions, feel free to respond directly to this email. I read every email, and I will respond as quickly as I can.

Looking forward to getting your grip(s) to you, as well as excited to share with you some of the other cool featureless products we're developing.

Talk to you next week or sooner,
Will
Old 05-20-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmpr View Post
Here is another release delay update received today:

I want to update you on the status of our grips.

We were shooting for an early June delivery date, and we have to push it back. Until when, I'm not sure yet -- I will know that hopefully by the end of next week. As soon as I do, I will pass that on to you. Either way, I'll contact you next week with another update.

I've been getting some questions about what happened. Here's the short version:

We had selected a manufacturer for the grip. Everything looked good, they seemed reputable, and the negotiation process was smooth. Then, as we approached the time to write them a check to create the mold, they started getting squirrely. Suddenly, everything was going to take longer, and they kept requesting we alter our design.

While working my butt off to try and salvage the relationship, I started looking for another manufacturer. Fortunately, I found one. I made sure to pick a company that has made AR-15 grips in the past, as well as had multiple other companies willing to vouch for them. Most importantly, they were upfront about some of the design challenges and were willing to work with us to perfect the design well before quoting the work.

So, the bad news is, I had to switch manufacturers, which will substantially push back delivery. Again, I'm not sure when, but you'll know as soon as I know.

The good news is, our new manufacturer is a way better company, and I'm confident they'll produce the grips to the level of quality I demand and I hope you expect. They've actually contracted with a MAJOR name in AR-15 grips. They haven't yet okayed me to say who, but it's a well-known company that makes a high-end product.

I hope this email answers any asked or unasked questions you have. If you do have any further questions, feel free to respond directly to this email. I read every email, and I will respond as quickly as I can.

Looking forward to getting your grip(s) to you, as well as excited to share with you some of the other cool featureless products we're developing.

Talk to you next week or sooner,
Will
sounds good to me! I'm excited to get my grip.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:57 PM

I pre-ordered one in black to support a fellow firearm enthusiast who is trying give all of us another choice for a featureless grip to use on our featureless AR builds or conversions. It is very understandable to have delays and setbacks when trying to bring a product to market (a market limited to a few states at that).
The feedback I have read from this forum has been positive and it looks easier to hold than a fin type grip